Anxious to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxious to start

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
    I have ordered my hypno cd's and CAN"T WAIT to get them. I have the supps and have an appointment with my 2nd doc tomorrow. My doc would not give me the Topa so I am crossing my fingers that this one will.
    I have been drinking for MANY years but it has been worse the last few. I have tried AA Cmapral etc. I woul like to do MODS but we'll see. I hope this works. My family deserves better and so do I. Plus my husband is ready to leave and take my beautiful kids. He keeps asking why I'm like this, why do I put drinking before my kids. I don't have any answers for him and don't know how to explain that my kids ARE first and I would never conciously put ANYTHING before them. Does anyone else have that going on? It's kind of hard to explain, he thinks I think the drink is more important than my kids. I told him it's like when he goes to smoke a cigarrette, you don't think of anything except I'm going to have a smoke then get on with things. (course he got pissed because he thought I was comparing and his habbit is so much better than mine) Only with my drinking that's how I start but not how I end up. Does that make sense? Look I'm babbling and haven't even started the meds yet. Hee heee. Hve to laugh a little or I will just cry.:upset: Ok I think I've rambled enough for now. Thanks
    Twinsmommy
    :new:
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Anxious to start

Wellcome twinsmommy, I hope you find what you need here. My husband also was going to leave with my son, that is what prompted me to decide to change. I think some people just don't really understand the grip alcohol can have. All the best to you, you will find lots of support here. B

Comment

Anxious to start

Hey there, ramble away:welcome:

Everything you say makes sense. You have an addiction, and willpower alone can't break it. This programme really works and this site is just wonderful Embrace it and your life will change. There are so many good people here who will help you.

I'm a mum too (3 kids under 9). You must be feeling very low right now. :l Take heart from the fact that you have made the first of many small positive steps. If you are able to share the details of this programme with your husband, maybe he will support you through it and you can worry less about losing those beautiful kids.

I hope your second doctor is more sympathetic - many people have had success getting topa prescribed by taking information printed from this site, or RJ's book, in with them. Others have ordered it o/s. (me included)

best wishes. post again soon, Kate

Comment

Anxious to start

Welcome Twinsmommy!!! It is very hard for people who do not have an issue with alcohol to understand how powerful the addiction can be. Your husband sounds like he has a cigarette addiction as well so I hope he will be very supportive of you through all of this. While alcohol can be much more devastating to a family, I would hope he could relate in some small way to the cravings addicts experience.

The CDs are a huge help as are the supplements, particularly the kudzu. It is all really good stuff. And of course the support you will find around here is really key too. Hope to see more of you!!! :welcome:
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Anxious to start

Thaks!!

Thank you all for welcoming me. I was REALLY nice to hear from you all! I look forward to talking with you more. By the way is this how I talk back? Reply to your replies on my own thread? Newbie syndrome:H
          Twinsmommy:thanks: :h :new:
          One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Anxious to start

Yep, you got it figured out!!!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Anxious to start

Hello twinsmommy,
              Welcome! Your name caught my attention b/c I too am a mother of twins who are under 5 and I also have a toddler.
              You are doing the right thing by reaching out for help. My husband doesn't drink and doesn't get it why people have a problem.
              You will find a lot of people here who have similar situations in one way or another.
              Keep posting and keep reading. That's what I did and my life has taken a very good turn since I started coming here and so will yours.
              take care
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
              X