Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Good Gawd!!! Just looked at the "Look here for what to expect" section above. I was curious about what my withdraw symptoms would be, scared the living hell out of me!!!!! Had to get out couldn't even look anymore. It wasn't the withdraw that scared me but all the things drinking can do. Granted I knew a lot of the damage that can be done but I never thought I was there yet. When you start to see symptoms that you have encountered that's terrifying! How do you know if you are too late?!!?? How do you know if you have lost your mind ruined your liver etc?? All I was worried about was quitting and getting healthy, now I am scared I may have done irreversable damage. mg
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

I am sure you are fine. Don't worry. If you were really sick you would most likely be exhibiting symptoms. I never had withdrawal symptoms and I was a two bottle of wine a day drinker, sometimes more on the weekends. If you are really worried I would go get a physical from the doctor so they can check your liver function (which is done routinely) to ease your mind.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Thanks. After I took a minute to calm myself Ifigured maybe I was going to live. Sometimes my brain makes me crazy...er. Hee Hee. I have had blood tests recently, not for liver fucntion per say (sp?) but I was also at the doc yesterday begging for Topamax and they probably would have let me know. But it does make me feel better that you drank about the same as me and are ok.:-)
      P.S. what is senior member?
      One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Senior Member means we are obsessed with coming on this site and posting . When you reach 1000 posts you become a senior member.

Also, the supplements recommended here are very good for healing/detoxing the liver, particularly the milk thistle and evening primrose oil. So I would recommend those as well.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

You know what?...The brain does make you crazy..Hence... "Going out of my mind"
          Twins.... the human body is very resilient when we start taking care of it....

Welcome to MWO...You are important...so it's time to take care of yourself!
          Control the Mind

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

The only withdrawal symptom I had was a headache for 2-3 days, nothing major. I also consumed (many times) 2 bottles of wine in a day and drank daily for several years.

Welcome and I wish you well on your new journey.
            Colorado Chick!
            Your support means the world to me...:h

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Hang in there, it is seldom as bad as you think it is.

As Rocky mentioned, the body can do AMAZING things if you give it a chance. Even if you've stressed it, if you are able to moderate or eliminate (depending on your choice) most likely it will bounce back without problems. Mine did!

Also, not to trivialize the way that you feel in any way - but focus on the future and the new you! Worrying about the past does no good, even though it is sometimes hard to do. You are here and wanting to take positive steps and we know that you can do this!
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Thanks for your support

Thanks so much everyone for your help/advice/support. I really feel like I have found a new "home." I feel much less nervous with all your replies and really feel...almost like I found a heap of friends. I have been alone a LOT since I got pregnant with the twins almost 5 years ago, (moving and stuff) and now I feel like I have people here with me anytime, even though you could be in Sri Lanka for all I know.:H This is all so new to me weird and hard to explain. I should change my name to babbler!:H
                Anyway :thanks:
                Now if only I could get my CD's and TOPA from the sounds of it I'd be on my way to a whole new life.

Waiting rather impatiently!!!
                Twinsmommy:new:

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Hey Twins,

You are right - you HAVE found a whole heap of new friends.

I've not been here long myself - but from day 1 I have had nothing but support and love flowing from my PC - it is amazing - total strangers half a world away that cared enough to send private messages to help me through the hard times.
                  These folks are awesome - just reach out anytime of day or night and someone will probably be right there to talk to. The best thing is - we have all been where you are at now - we all understand what you are going through!

Welcome to the club!

Don't worry about the damage you have done - the body is an amazing piece of kit.
                  I just wish I had had the sense to look after mine abit earlier too!

Take care and get well.

Satori

xxx
                  "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                  X