Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mocktails for Modders

Hello folks,

Posted these drinks over in the monthly mod section for Thanksgiving drinks other than AL and decided to start a thread over here where we can all add our choice of drinks so folks have a drink recipe site that is alcohol free with lots of choices.

Cider Spritzer

If you can find it, Polar makes a Green Apple Seltzer that goes great 1/2 and 1/2 with cider.

Ginger Ale Mix

For large groups combine ginger ale, pomegranate juice, pineapple, orange and cranberry.
    Garnish with star fruit, berries, lemons, limes or oranges

"Ginless Tonic"

Squeeze one or two big wedges of fresh lime over ice in a glass, fill with tonic water. I swear, you won't miss the gin!

Yummy Summer Spritzer

Take a tall glass, fill with ice, and fill with either lemon/lime seltzer water or Fresca. Top it off with a nice berry juice such as cranberry, blueberry and pomegranate etc. Add some slices of lemons and limes and voila!

Lily Spritzer

Add 4 cans of Sierra Mist to a pitcher, add 1 pouch of Caprisun tropical fruit juice. pour into glasses and add 3 Marachino cherries to each. Pour just a little bit of the syrup to it. It's amazing!

Orange Bubbler on the rocks

Using a rocks glass mix equal parts of orange juice (not from concentrate, no pulp) with pomegranate juice and 7-up or ginger-ale (not sprite) add a squirt of black cherry concentrate. Then cover the top with shaved ice and serve.

Mock Pink Champagne

Mock Pink Champagne (1 1/2 quarts or 10 servings) 1/2 cup sugar 1 cup water 1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate 1 (6 oz) can frozen grapefruit juice concentrate 1 (28 oz) bottle chilled ginger ale 1/3 cup grenadine syrup Early in day, mix sugar with water in saucepan and boil 5 minutes. Cool. Add frozen juice concentrates. Refrigerate. At serving time add ginger ale and grenadine syrup. Stir lightly.

Mockarita - low calorie

This comes very close to tasting like a real Margaritas. Take about 4 large limes and one lemon squeeze into a blender with a handful or so of ice add a can of sprite zero and a little salt blend until it?s the consistency you like. Pour in a chilled glass rimmed with salt and garnish with a lime wedge. The fact that it hardly has any calories is a bonus.

Ginger Lemonade
    Make a batch of regular lemonade and flavor with freshly grated ginger or fresh mint leaves. If a punch bowl is used, the leaves look lovely. Thin slices of lemon floating enhance the appearance as well as the lemony flavor.

Grape Fizz
    Mix two parts ginger ale to one part grape juice. It makes a refreshing, fizzy drink.

The final recipe is the recipe to avoid disaster so I want to end this post with someone?s opinion who struggles with any type of mock-tail. For her, even fake drinks can trigger temptation for the real thing so know thyself!

Alcohol free drinks
    For me, alcohol was a physical and emotional experience. I loved the taste, smell and feel of a drink. I don't want to fake that with a replica drink. Non-alcoholic beer, or club soda in a rocks glass or any mocktail is a danger for me. When I go out to a restaurant with friends, I stick to bottle water -- perhaps and Arnold Palmer ( Ice tea/Lemonade)...but, that's just me.

For me, (Eve 11) I'm opposite of the above poster. I do fine with mocktails and near beers, etc. We're all wired differently. Just gauge your way to success.

:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Mocktails for Modders

These are fabulous Eve. Thank you. I'm going to put a link to them in General.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Thank you; the mockrita in particular I will make in the summer!

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Thank you Ringing Cedars and Cat Buddy. Please feel free to add your own concoctions to our list. Following is a great suggestion from Library Girl.

LibraryGirl;1415340 wrote: Another great drink that I love is Orange Creamsicle...Diet Sunkist (or reg) with a T of heavy whipping cream, or light whipping cream, or half and half. I use HWC and diet, which is technically low carb. Over ice is what I prefer.
        :welcome:
        Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

I'm told you can order drinks like this in many restautants. I'll be on the lookout for them. I'm fine with my various teas at home, but I want something more special when we eat out and my husband orders wine.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

I had a thought Sunbeam. Well two actually. On a roll.... What if you were to try them out at home and then write them out on business card size cards(one recipe per side). If the establishment does not have their own mocktail selection you can hand them a card and say you will be happy to pay the cocktail price (it's not just the booze but the prep that costs) if they will prepare this delicious drink for you. Give them permission/encouragement to include them in their cocktail menu?

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Thanks, RC, I was thinking I could do something like that. Since I have pretty much been just a wine drinker, I don't know what ingredients they might have on hand. I could just print out Eve's post, and put it in my purse. If they couldn't exactly follow the recipe, I bet they could come up with something fun.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Hey ladies,
                Being the fast food chains are becoming more health conscious, e.g. apple slices rather than fries, maybe restaurants will start to learn that non-al drinks can be as profitable for them and healthier for patrons. We can all be the ripple to make the wave happen. Good thoughts!

:l
                Eve11

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Those were my thoughts Eve. Sunbeam, that could work too depending on the situation. I was thinking a busy bartender would appreciate a 2X3 with bold print in contrast to a full sheet. Be interested to know how it goes.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

I just googled mocktails and there are a bunch of recipes out there. I guess I just need to pick a couple and write up those cards.

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Hey Sunbeam, another thought (I'm just full of'em). You might even print some on a full sheet as a rolled and wrapped in ribbon gift to the bartender for accommodating you? Maybe come up with a catchy Heading for a new section of their Beverage List. Cool and Classy Mocktails .....

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Nice list, the problem I always had with most mocktails, well, there's no alcohol, but some times, they are loaded with SUGAR....look on the label of tonic water....

Anyway, teas have been my non AL drink of choice, for some reason I don't count coffee...oh, and diet iced tea, and yes, as bad as it is, I do drink diet coke...

sparkling water is always nice, but I hate how they load it up with so much ice in a bar...anyway, I've been looking for more non-al drinks...

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Drinking sparkling peach juice out of a wine glass right now!

Comment

Mocktails for Modders

Ummm... I have always (even when I was drinking) enjoyed a Virgin Mary. Always felt a bit sacreligious ordering it, but it is yummy. Some restaurants even put a prawn on the rim.

Comment

Working...
                            X