X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lab Results from Physical Feb. 16th

Hello friends:

This definitely belongs in Fitness.

Doctor was a bit late in sending me the letter of lab results from my full physical 4 weeks ago, and apologized.

He began, "I am delighted to tell you, etc". (First time a doctor has ever written those words to me.)

CBC (Complete Blood Count)
    Complete Blood Chemistry Panel.
    Urinalysis, BP, EKG, Chest X-Ray, etc.

ALL NORMAL AND GOOD!!!! Keep up the good work.

Signed, the Doctor.
    -------------------------------------------------

It's always been "This is high, or this is low, or this is not good, etc."
    Even when I was in my twenties, I never got a report this good.

I'm 50, and I stopped drinking and smoking 15 months ago today. I then started on a rigorous, comprehensive, and holistic program of pulling my rear end out of the nose dive.
    15 months ago, I was seriously ill with pneumonia, and was headed for worse if I didn't change my ways.

Moral of story: It's never too late to help yourself to a better, healthier life. I feel better, I look better, and life is becoming a good thing again. Please, never give up on yourselves out there.

Be well.

Neil

That is fantastic Xtexan!

Congratulations, all your efforts have paid off big time!

Thanks for that. At 44, I am just at the start of my journey towards being healthy again.

You are an inspiration.

Comment

Neil,

That is fantastic news!

Just goes to show - it is never too late to try to make those changes for the better.

It is very early days for me - but already I know I am fitter and healthier.
      My sleep has improved no end as well now (altho' it was messed up at the start)
      I actually get up and have breakfast these days - something I had not done in many years!

Concratulations again - you must be over the moon!

take Care

satori
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Great job....you have lead the way...I am still at the beginning of this journey, but your success is powerful encouragement to many of us...
        Control the Mind

Comment

Hi Neil,

You've just put a huge smile on my face! - what fabulous news and what a strong motivator and inspiration to the rest of us - Thank you so much for sharing your good news - hope you're taking a little time now to bask in your well-earned success!

All the best,
          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
          Goals:
          Days 1-7 DONE
          Days 8-14 DONE
          Days 15-21 DONE
          30 days DONE
          60 days
          100 days

Comment

Neil, a true love story. If we all loved ourselves so much what could we accomplish?
            Bravo!

I just had my first workout last night in far too long....owie!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Neil,
              Thanks for sharing that. You are an inspiration and you have shown us that we really can change our life around if we wrap our minds around it.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Dear Neil,

I'm 45 and I have been abusing myself for many years. I also know that it has to change; that's why I'm here.
                I have had several medicals through work and with my own doctor over the last 10 years. I always pass the physical tests; blood, breathing, reflexes etc. with flying colours, and I'm always surprised. The last one I had, I was asked if I was a trained musician, flute, or trumpet, because my lung function was so good and if I 'work out', because of my resting heart rate.
                There have been many times that the pain in my liver/kidneys, I'm not sure which, has made it impossible for me to get out of bed, for perhaps two days. Yet after it's done, I am as fit as the proverbial fiddle. I know that drink is the cause, yet, my body keeps going. I have been blessed, or cursed, with an enviable constitution. However, I know that drink will kill me, if I keep going.
                That's why I'm here.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Yeah!

Happy for you!
                  :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Great news Neil! Keep up the good work. I have heard that 60 is the new 40. That puts you squarely back in your 30's! Sounds like you are physically up for the challenge! Mentally too. Best wishes.
                    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
                    X