This week's after workout drink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week I was at the gym again on Thursday evening - and went to the bar with my workout pals as usual.
    This time tho' my mouth worked fine - and I ordered soda water and lime!

Saying "soda water and lime" 3000 times per day since last week must have worked!

My "mates" did do the wafting their beer under my nose routine for a while - but they soon got fed up when they couldn't wind me up!

I'm getting there!
    AND - my muscles might actually do better without the added insult of alcohol after a hard workout!

Take care.

satori
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

soda water and lime, soda water and lime, soda water and lime...... yes i will keep saying that too! Good one satori! B

Comment

Lime, soda water...water soda...Limes on the rocks with soda....

Oh ...Tonic water + soda with lime is good too
      Control the Mind

Comment

Satori,

I haven't tried that yet.

Comment

Club soda with lime please, Thank you, Oh, yes, I'll have another please.....
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Imagine, you are going to be on the can for a long time, (but well hydrated)
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Just tried a new drink that I'm enjoying quite a bit. pineapple/coconut juice thinned down
              with some seltzer water so it's not so syrupy. very nice. sort of a pina colada flavour but higher quality than the crap you'd get as a mix in a bar since I'm buying all natural juice.
              BTW I've named soda with lime a "Satori" just to mess with bartenders. you say: I'll have a Satori please.
              a what?
              it's soda water with lime....don't you keep up on this stuff?

nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey Big D,

THANKS! - I now feel officially famous - I never thought I would have a drink named after me!
                Glad it is non alcoholic!

Well - I was at the gym again last night and not only did I drink my, now usual, 2 Satoris - but one of my mates (who last week was wafting his beer under my nose to wind me up!) was on Satoris too.
                (he is training for a swimming event on Saturday - so I think this is just temporary)

Only one of our group was drinking the usual beer last night.

Your new drink sounds interesting - but is not for me I'm afraid as I am not fond of coconut!

I am however with you all the way on using a "crapload" of garlic whenever I can in my cooking!

See ya

Satori
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Satori

I will definately try that tonight. I am fed up drinking water and tea. As I want to lose some weight as well, I'm trying to keep off soft drinks. I really admire how you can resist tempation. I've managed for 3 days, but it's really hard when my husband is drinking.

BTW is that a slice of lime or lime cordial in soda water. (Sorry if this a really stupid question!)

Comment

Hi Mandy

You can have it how you like it - personally I like soda water with a good splash of lime cordial, a big slice of lime and lots of ice.

I don't know why I am resisting temptation so well - but as I posted elsewhere today - I am feeling less like drinking alcohol the longer I go on down this road.
                    The less I drink - the less I feel I want to.
                    Dont know if it is because I subconsciously dont want to spoil my "good record" I have built up by moderating - or the fact that I am ruthlessly sticking to only 2 drinks max anytime I do drink.
                    I could always usually stop at 2 - the buzz and the compulsion to carry on and get blitzed usually kicked in about drink 3 for me.
                    I actually think that the less I drink, the more clearly I can see the damage it was doing me - It is beginning almost to look like something toxic to me now - because I feel so much better without it!

Take care

Enjoy those Satoris!

Satori
                    xxx

Comment

Satori, great idea for a drink - I'll have to give that a try.
                      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Yep AA - it is really refreshing / rehydrating after a workout too!

Just don't order it in a roughish working man's bar like we do - we don't half get some strange looks from some of the other regulars!
                        Even the barman looked a bit surprised the first time we ordered that.

Satori

Comment

Satoris are on the house! tonight only...drink up!

I like sometimes just the club soda and a slice of lime, and sometimes with the lime juice, and sometimes with a splash of grenadine. I really don't know what grenadine is but it's non alcoholic.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Congratulations to you guys! It has to be very difficult being in the pub/bar with people who are trying to entice you.:goodjob:
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

annual irish parade tomorrow in mystic, followed by going to the pub. I will start practicing now....
                              soda water and lime!!
                              :thanks: :
                              :new:

Comment

Working...
                              X