Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY! LOOK! A New Earth - Come look down here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,

This is a post prompted by some discussions about meditation and the importance of being in the present.

I just wanted to strongly draw your attention to a book by Eckhart Tolle, called "A New Earth." Many people will be familiar with his book, "The Power Of Now", but for those that aren't, I would love for you to consider reading the book "A New Earth" - subtitle, "Awakening to Your Life's Purpose."

It's funny - I was going to spend a few minutes of my life expounding on the greatness of this book. But you know what?

It's that bloody powerful. People, if you don't care enough to spend a few dollars on this book, then never mind.

But if you HAVE, and this message sends off fireworks in your soul, then please PM me. Because I am tired of living in this world of people who care only just that little bit.

Kate x
    Free since 26th February 2012

Hi Kate,
    My husband and I have been listening to Eckhart Tolle for about six months now, including The New Earth..I just mentioned him in response to a thread on what we believe. I love Eckhart! If you have a chance to rent the only DVD, I think available in the rental stores..netflix, blockbusters, you can watch him speak on The Flowering of Human Consciousness..it is amazing to witness a soul communicating from the present moment..his voice also is very soft and powerful to listen to. I think he is one of the most important modern spiritual teachers who expounds his wisdom from all of the the great spiritual teaches, Buddah, Jesus the Christ and many more. Thanks for mentioning him here...I can't tell people enough about how powerful his teachings are..if they are ready to hear it.
    Namaste! Dianne

Comment

Nuff said darlings....this is now on melons list...sounds really interesting,
      Our book shops are not all that here in NZ though......usually I have to place an order for most of the books mentioned on here...I think we only had running with scissors coz it was made into a film......gosh, I like being here, but I REALLY miss the bookstores in Blighty!!!

Comment

Thanks Kate.

with metta

Comment

Hi all, I have never heard of Eckhart, what is it about?? Really interested.

Lorna
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Lorna, here is a link to his website. Eckhart Tolle. Look under 'news' and read a couple of interviews. This will give you a good idea of who he is.

Comment

Just been in - ordered a new earth, will let you how I get on with it.

Thanks

L

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry, my entry here was a little tired, and a little frustrated. And that's my journey, not yours. It is entirely my choice to feel disappointed with the world - and we get what we send out.

I think sometimes I feel as if I have done so much reading and so much research that I "deserve" to be further on than I am. But if I'm not - it's only my fault, right??!

I really, really do recommend the book.

Again - I was going to quote - but then I realised that each person will resonate to different parts at different times, so what is relevant for me will not necessarily speak to everyone.

All I can recommend is that it is balm for those who feel hopeless, and feel that they can never catch a break!

Love

Gem (Kate) x
                Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Hello, received the book today, will keep all posted. Have been really busy reading just now (great stuff) and have (I know this is hard to believe) have newly been introduced to the New Testament!! Awesome .. Highly recomment Southerne Belle's posts on 'What We Believe'... just try it. Each to their own.

Lorna xx

Comment

Working...
                  X