My back door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My back door.

Since Mack's photo thread had to go, I thought I'd start another photograph thread with no people in it.

This is the view from my back door taken five minutes ago. Grey, grey, and horizontal rain. When spring comes.....

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...9/PICT0616.jpg

What's your's like?.......

My back door.

Blimey popeye...that didn't arf send me whizzin back to Blighty....In New Zealand, the houses are all so different, I've quite forgotten just how strange a row of identical houses looks!!!
    I would send one from my back door, but haven't the slightest idea how to do it
    When I clicked on the insert image thingy...it asked me to write something in the toolbar...how do I know what to write?? My photos are on my 'pooter, what should I be looking for ?????

Weethickytechnodrongomelon xxxxx

Comment

My back door.

Macks showed me.
      Google and download 'Photobucket'
      Upload your pics to that.
      You will be given 3 options underneath any uploaded pics
      Click on the 'img' option and paste on this board.....I think.

Comment

My back door.

The weather is just the same at this end of Britain, cold and windy...

Hey Melon. I still have to buy a digital camera, learn how to use it, then figure out how to get photos from said camera to puter, and THEN put them up on the screen, my learning curve is so sharp these days I keep cutting myself on it, still its much better than getting bladdered every night....
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

My back door.

Popeye...I understood the word 'google' in that list of instructions!!!
          How do you download and upload??????

I have commented on this before when poor Pansy was very patiently trying to fit me up with my avatar...but the instructions the melon understands are these...

1) Jab wildly at a button
          2) Go on...any button
          3) Think hard about wot you want to happen
          4) Sing a little song about pixies
          5) Shout hooray, and clap your hands....the photo is now in place!!!

Get the picture???
          Now try again Pop..........you REALLY are dealing with a computerbiff my friend...I really am NOT putting it on...I'm hopeless!!

Comment

My back door.

Right weemelon,

Here is how you do it in easy to understand plain lingo

1 Walk down back passage, open door, walk round to shed, undo padlock
            and slip inside.

2 Locate hardrive, don't expose it to sunlight, it shrinks.

3 Place photo on hardrive, place sticky tape over photo and hardrive, thus
            securing them together.

4 Now for the tricky bit, replace hardrive and photo WITHOUT waking that
            feared monster Googletoolbar.

5 Make sharp exit, shut shed door and padlock it securely.

6 Switch computer on, put left foot in right ear, click on the Thingygubbins
            icon and Bobs your uncle...

Piece of cake really, hope that helped...
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

My back door.

Ohhh, I was not taping my picture on the hard drive. Thanks Irish for the tip!!!
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My back door.

weemelonhead,
                I am the worst person to ask.
                Find 'photobucket' and download it and follow their instructions.
                I'm useless at this.. honest........

Comment

My back door.

:H :H :H :H

Comment

My back door.

Yeah, me again

I really hate to be such a party pooper, but I do need to ask that you hold off on posting large photos. (Had on my task list to disable this feature, but I need to call in the tech guys, as I don't want to prevent *all* graphics, such as smilies, from being posted.)

One of our concerns is related to resources, as we just upp'd our hard drive capacity and it can get rather expensive.

Popeye's photo, for example, while lovely, is a full 305 kb in size. Three photos of similar size would reach nearly a megabyte added to our server's storage requirements. And that's permanent...once a photo is loaded, just like any post, it's archived, indexed and housed there indefinitely.

Again, I'm putting this info in the FAQ I continue to promise--it should help clarify and provide guidelines on this and other topics.

But to put this in context, the average website usually runs about 5 mb or less in size. A small, speciality site may require 10 mb. So you can see that given our active membership, a cumulative collection of large photos could create enormous storage demand. We're simply not set up for it and it compromises the board.

We try to be pretty flexible in allowing users generous posting of avatars, animated gifs (the jumpy ones), emoticons, and other graphics, all of which suck up server space. But until we come up with a means for supporting image loading and storage--we're working on this, we can see there's obvious demand--I've gotta ask that you hold off for now.

And Popeye, what a view...you don't mind if we come visit? :-)

RJ
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

My back door.

Roberta,

Is there anyway that on posts of say, 6 months and older, all uploaded images could be automatically deleted????

Although I suppose if you could you would...
                      A F F L..
                      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

My back door.

Sorry.....
                        end of thread

Comment

My back door.

No not the end, If we compress pictures using windows picture manager then we can use the 'paperclip' to post.

It's dark now but i promise to share my back garden tomorrow
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

My back door.

Betty.............don't complicate the issue!!! I just had my sellotape ready to follow the Oirishes instructions!! hahahahaha

Thanks RJ for saving the melon from the untimely embarrassment of having to 'do' things with photobuckets, uploads and all manner of other techno gobbledygook!!!!

I will draw a pikchoor and then post it to you all.....much more sensible!!

Comment

My back door.

Hey melon, its probably quicker as well, ha ha

Anyway, as far as I know, you put the photos in the bucket, then upload it somewhere, thats as far as I got, old Limey Head used the rest of the instruction manual for his litter tray...

Betty, enlighten me, who is this geezer called windows picture manager, has he got a compresser, and does he really live in my coimputer
                              A F F L..
                              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
                              X