Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoga or Pilates?

Hi~

Questions: Which do you prefer? What are the benefits?

I suppose I can do research on it but would rather get it from those of you who have tried either of the two or know of someone who does them.

I'd like to take a class (don't know which one) and would like to aim more for weight loss and also for flexibility & muscle tone.

Thanks for your help :thanks: .
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Yoga or Pilates?

Hi Sea Breez

Can't help very much on specifics as they actually do a sort of combination class here called 'power yoga' - brilliant - seems to offer the best of both. Can you ask to do a trial class for both options? I've found that the success of whatever class you take and how you feel, depends a lot on the teacher and atmosphere in the class - if you don't enjoy it or don't feel comfortable the motivation won't be there to continue!

Whichever you choose you'll soon be feeling the benefits - both physically and psychologically, so best of luck with your goals!
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

Yoga or Pilates?

pilates. there is no physical way for me to get my butt above my head without the benefit of the pilate machine.
      smiles
      Mar

Comment

Yoga or Pilates?

Hi SeaBreez,
        I do Pilates.
        I just started awhile ago and do the Step Pilates. They have three different instuctors on the same DVD and you can choose which instructor to follow from easy to very difficult. I have also done yoga in the past. I prefer pilates at this point because it just seems easier to me and yes the butt over the head....that was a bit much for me too. That hurt.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Yoga or Pilates?

Hi everyone, my mum used to be a size 22....as soon as she found out about yoga, she thought she would give it a try and she is now a size 12 and she is 50 years old and looks fantastic..... when Rj sorts the photo thing out i'll post you a picture.....a before and after you'll be amazed
          Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

Working...
          X