New supplements to help moderate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried any new supplements that help moderate? I had some short term success with kudzu and l glutamine but it was short lived. I now know what it is like to stop after one or two drinks...what a great feeling! I am really hoping to find something that helps. I would love to hear your success stories.:thanks:

Cleo:

how long was your success w kudzu and l glutamine?

I've been on l glutamine (kudzu not as regularly) for 3 months and it seems to help a lot, but I'm hoping that it won't stop working......
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

The l glutamine worked for about a month. The kudzu only worked for about two weeks.

Comment

I'm sorry no one has responded or maybe have any suggestions. I'm glad l glut is still working for me but in the back of my mind is "what if..."

Like what if I have to go off of it for some reason or if it stops working or is causing problems?

It would be nice to know if there's any more supplements out there for cravings or stress reduction (so far glutamine gives me energy and helps my stress level for some reason .... Tried other stuff nothing worked...)...
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Hippyman:

I've been hearing a lot of success stories about baclofen and other meds... Glad you have found it to be helpful! I'm taking a low dose topamax right now mainly for weight loss...

I'm mainly interested in supplement though... When I sip the l glut, it helps my stress level. I think bac also relaxes some people. I took low dose before... But l glut and kudzu helped so fast in the beginning that I gave up on the titration on topamax and bac, and now I'm hardly drinking enough to justify going on higher doses of either meds...
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Hippy:

Did you get the liquid bac from the mwo member loop?

Maybe I'll try the liquid bac since the l glut pills didn't work that well for me but the powdered form does... I definitely am interested in any anti anxiety med that isn't addictive...

Topa has helped me w weight reduction I think. I only take 25-50 mg when I remember to take it, and it wasn't until the last month that I suddenly lost 8 pounds or so.. Could be other factors not related to med though.. Who knows, but since I've lost that weight, I'm not willing to part w it just yet!

But yes, not everyone loses weight on topamax and it's not meant for weight loss. And you should check w your physician before taking it because there are medical conditions that preclude you from taking it...
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Thank you both for the feedback! I think I will try the l glut powder. I have been taking the capsules.

Comment

Cleo: I buy the micronized l glutamine punch flavor (5 cal) from gnc. I put 1-2 scoops in water and drink that.... Really helps me... Has helped so far for almost 3 months.... Hope it won't stop working!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Ally, how many times a day, and when, etc?

Comment

great stuff

Comment

I bought the micronized l glutamine. I tried an eighth of a teaspoon (about 500 mgs). It did help with cravings however it gave me anxiety. I guess my system is extra sensitive.

Comment

hi cleo,for some reason l-glute gave me some scary anxiety too i felt like i was having a stroke! its not for us i guess too bad cuz it seems to help alot of people
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, I know it's crazy. So many people love l glut. My body is so sensitive. What supps do you take?

Comment

sorry, lila: i didn't answer your question: i use one -2 scoops in 12 oz water and drink about 2-3 bottles through out the day...

pauly: i didn't know that it gave you anxiety... sorry... i haven't checked back here for a while....

i think it definitely can give some people anxiety because it gives me some energy, helps me focus better, so anything that gives energy could potentially make people anxious....
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Interesting in hearing about the I glutamine and the anxiety. I never would've thought that. I was taking Kudzo for awhile, but after awhile as someone pointed out, it wears off. I actually haven't been drinking, mainly because I'm trying to get back into training shape for something...I haven't decided yet, maybe I'll look at races today...but I have been doing a cleanse...which includes detox supplements....I've been on a high protein, low carb diet with it, and its working really well with a whole lot of things, and I'm still drinking coffee...I can even drink on it, obviously you want to watch that, but I really haven't, well, wanted to. I was on a date with someone, she had a glass of wine, it was a Friday, and I past. This is usually a time, even when "not drinking" I'd make an exception, what's a glass of wine? It's also good for you actually, but I really didn't, well, want one.

OK, so the cleanse, it's Ultimate cleanse from Nature's Way. You can go on it for how long you want. Most people usually do these things for 10 to 14 days. I'm on a week. I'm not sure how long I'll stay on it. You shouldn't do it for more than thirty days though.

I've incorporated more exercise than just running and the other high impact things I do. I've done yoga once a week, which gives me a spurt of energy, than a big crash, in a good way. I'm finding I'm getting to sleep a lot better also.

There's a DVD with it, which I guess I should watch. Considering there's a digestive detox supplement, I'm assuming that works on the liver, among other organs, and I think that's why I'm feeling so...well...clean...

Comment

Working...
                              X