Diary of a Mad Housewife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diary of a Mad Housewife

Decided to start blogging here to keep myself accountable in my fitness, healthy living AF goals.

I plan on spending 60 minutes exercising a day for the month of January, eating lots of fresh fruit and veggies, cutting out the sugar and of course, not drinking.

I love rebounding on the mini-trampoline and can do it for the sixty minutes; no problem. Today we played outside on the iced over lake toboganning and clearing snow so that counts too.

The shortbread cookies are almost all eaten and they were the best batch I've ever made.

Not drinking will be the biggest challenge. New years eve tonight and I'm ready for it.

Here's to a safe, healthy, sober 2013 for all who desire it.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Diary of a Mad Housewife

So Tipp...got to ask...is this sort of a personal diary or can I come along and post as well?

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

Love interaction so, of course I put it here for the input of others. I'm enjoying the last of my delicious homemade shortbreads dipped in fine sugar getting ready for my New Years resolution. I really want 2013 to be the year of new beginnings. I am willing to work for it too.

Are you thinking of getting in shape in the new year?
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

My #1 goal

Am 56 and have been very IN-Active so am going to start slow.

Was thinking of starting by walking but want to be accountable...PPQP

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

:yougo: Tipp and PPQ!
          I got started before the new year. Gym membership in place. Love the yoga classes and my stationary bike is set up with episodes of Sex and the City ready to watch while I bike.
          I'm with you girls! We rock! :yougo:
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

I'm 56 also. Gung ho... Here we go.
              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

Morning Tipp....

Day 1 - establish a walking routine close to home so I can't make any excuses not to do it.

My first goal of 2013 and my first step of physical accountability....

Will post the results before going to bed tonight.

Have a great AF day....PPQP

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

Morning Porquoi et al,

I've bounced for half hour this morning already. I am trying to kill time waiting for my niece and her boyfriend to LEAVE after being here drinking and smoking pot for one whole week. Once they leave my New Year will begin. I have not enjoyed the visist needless to say. Not usually a negative person; need to get out of this rut. I am really ready to make some positive changes.

Hubby is now dangling a carrot stick in front of my nose by suggesting we could fly down to Florida in Feb., rent a convertable and spend a week by the ocean. Now I really want to get in bathing suit shape as well as get healthy (and happy when sober too).

Waiting for your report, Porquoi.. hopefully by the end of the day, I'll have the full hour of bouncing done.

Have a groovy day.
                  Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

This sounds great. I'm in! I used to be very fit but have fallen off for the last few months and the pounds are piling on. Also, since I have been AL free I have such huge sugar cravings and am eating more than I should. Trying to go easy on myself but physical activity is what I really need. Went for a 3 mile walk this morning with the dog and hubby. Hope to do a 40 minute yoga routine later on. Will try to post every day to be accountable for moving somehow / someway at least 6 days a week. Thanks for the great idea!
                    Make it a great day!:heart:

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

Great, another team mate. Sugar is so irresistable; I gave my niece all my homemade cookies that were left when she finally left. if it's not here I can't eat it.
                      Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

:hallo: Nurdl, CanToo and OnceAgain....

Mission accomplished :H

Went for a 30 min walk to the left of my place at 10:00 am.

Went for a 30 min walk to the right of my place at 12:30 pm.

Tomorrow will combine the two and map out a "daily" route.

Did you get the rest of your bouncey's done Tipp?

Report filed...onto Day 2...PPQP

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

Afternoon everyone.....

All ready slipping on my commitment :shocked:

Didn't get my "daily" route plotted but did get out for 30min walk.

Plan on another 30min walk before the day is done.

Will report back......seem to be talking to myself.....just saying.....PPQP

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

You can do it.

Here's a site that for ideas. Nothing crazy...

Switch to Mineral Wate - 31 Days to a Fitter, Healthier You - Shape Magazine
                            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Diary of a Mad Housewife

Thanks CanToo....have the link bookmarked, read a bit this morning.

This will help keep me focused, I like the idea of one change a day.

Didn't get my other 30 min in but will not give up.

Comment

Working...
                              X