Losing everything to Scotch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 46 and have basically been drunk for 30 years, except one 72 day perion in the 80's and on 43 day run 3 years ago. (both after DUI charges) Over the last year I,ve been having problems with my business, my wife and obviously my drinking. My drinking went from weekend binging to all the time. Morning noon and night at least 5 days a week. Well, long story short, the wife wants out after 26 years, have to sell the house and cottage, and will end up losing the business. Sucks! Now I'm not stupid enough to think that if I stop, all of my problems will go away, all I want is to stop doing the binges. They're killing me.

The wife is still young and great looking, and she going to walk away with a house at least, so I feel she can still have a great life without a drunk wrecking her life.

That's the abridged version, There's lots more, and I'll tell you once I feel more comfortable here.

Theo, welcome to the site and sorry to hear that things aren't going so well right now. You've taken the important first step of admitting that you have a problem and want to change and I wish you nothing but the best.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Welcome Theo! It can and does get better if you really want it. I know it's hard to start when you're feeling so low just trust that you are capable of change.. Read and post and follow the program....you will find alot of support here.
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

hi theo this is a good site for support and encouragement read as many posts as you can including old ones

Comment

Theo,

Talk to your wife, tell her that you want to change, you are looking for guidance and you mean it! We are all routing for you.

"God will not test you beyond what you are not capable of doing."

Take it slow, take a break...
          Ask your wife to walk with you (Literally)... Breathe in life, and ask her to stick by your side, and you will show her that you are the man that she fell in love with..
          Or else all this time will be waisted...
          If this is a story that I am thinking may have a fairy tale ending, and instead it is far gone..
          Please change for yourself, and then you shall she everything else will change with you for the better....
          YOU ARE APART OF THE UNIVERSE...embrace it and yourself...
          Sorry, I hope that helped...

Mel
          Mel:upset:

Comment

Theo,
            Sorry for your troubles. Life sucks sometimes, but the good thing is we have today to make a change. You can do it....start slow and don't expect it to happen over night, it is hard but worth it.

Comment

Theo, Sounds like you are going through a very difficult time and that you are having a real battle with alcohol. The fact that you even have come and posted here says that you want to make a change. You have taken a huge step in reaching out. The good news is that things really can get better for you. Keep coming back. We all understand what you are going through with alcohol and can help. Aquamarine
              NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
              AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Hello Theo, Aquamarine has said it all, you will find help and support here if you ask for it. Don't suffer alone. Alcohol is a real bastard and we are all trying to get rid of it. Some are trying to moderate and others are abstaining. lots of people use the MWO book, the cds and all the supps. so have a little look on the home page and see what you think. If you can get this under control then maybe you can deal with other aspects of you life. Good luck to you and keep reading everyones posts, as they will make you realise that you really are NOT on your own. Bella

Comment

I'm not expecting a fairytale ending. I did do something I never have before today. I returned a bottle of scotch for a refund this afternoon. Small thing, but a great feeling.

Comment

Theo, well done for that and :welcome:

I have to echo Melanie's words, talking to my husband and asking for help was the best thing that I ever did.

All the best love xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi Theo :welcome: All you can do is try. Bet returning that bottle felt pretty good.
                      Take it slow and be as nice to yourself as you can (it helps). Wishing you only the best.
                      Lisa

Comment

Working...
                      X