i nearly died last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i nearly died last night

:new: hi every one here, just like to tell you what happend to me last night, im a very heavy drinker, i drink scotch whisky, i drank 1 full bottle and 3/4 of another bottle in a never to be repeted thing again, it was over a 24 hour thing, i stayed up all night sunday night never slepted and woke up sick, i vomit every where then the next thing i start to feel strange, i was dizzy and in a messed up way, told my girl friend to keep an eye on me in case i died, i was very scared and never want to feel like that never again in my life, was it acohol posion ? i had hot and cold flushes then felt like i was losing my mind, like if i went mad, please can some one help me, i nearly died this is not a joke.

i nearly died last night

Glad you didn't die. Scotch is my problem too. Been there, done that.

Comment

i nearly died last night

Theo;109011 wrote: Glad you didn't die. Scotch is my problem too. Been there, done that.
      was i poisoned? is that what happend to me? i really need to know, it was the most horrible thing i could tell you about, i lost my mind and was thinking i was going t die, its an eye opener for me

Comment

i nearly died last night

Hi Aussiethunder,

I'm no expert, but that sounded like alcoholic poisoning to me...

My advice, go see your doctor as soon as posible... And BEFORE you have another drink...
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

i nearly died last night

Assuming 1 3/4 bottles is about 45 ounces, and your are 185 lbs, you would have an intake of 900 mgs of alcohol and your liver would have only gotten rid of 450. The remaining 450 is defiantly poisoning.

based on the assumtion you are 185 lbs
          1 drink equals 30 mgrams intake per 1 1/2 ounce shot
          liver gets rid of 15 mg per hour

Pretty scary when yo do the math.

Comment

i nearly died last night

Yes, sounds like alcohol poisoning to me...very toxic and very dangerous. Sounds like it's time to get healthy and take care of yourself. I agree with Irish..you should talk to your doctor. It sounds like you need to detox yourself and I don't know from such little info if it is possible to do it by yourself or not.
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

i nearly died last night

Theo, in Australia, a typical bottle of Scotch is regarded as the 750ml bottle. What is a standard bottle in USA and UK? I have been curious about 'standards' around the world.

Thunder... geesh... that is a lot and I'm glad for you that you've had this wakeup call. That is seriously scary!

Alcohol poisoning? Without a doubt!

Have you made an appointment to see your GP? I think this is the first step I'd be taking in your shoes. Have a good honest chat and see what s/he suggests.

You're not alone in this, and we're here to support one another, so I hope to see you around.

Doo (in Sydney)
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

i nearly died last night

26 oz's equals 750 ml.

I'm Canadian, and we use the same measurements, it's just that I use that american calculation because that's how I learned it.

Comment

i nearly died last night

Thunder,

I imagine you're still feeling scared and crappy - probably a good time to get some help. I'd hate to see you do that sort of quantity again.

Hang in there.

Comment

i nearly died last night

Hi Aussiethunder

I have the same feelings - hot and cold, heart pounding, dizziness - I have found myself of cold floors because for some reason i always take my shoes off and as much clothes as I can to feel the cold - it some how revives me.

It happens every once in awhile - apparently it has something to do with your blood pressure and the excess of alcohol in your system - layman?s terms your body is so busy trying to get rid of the toxins that it cant cool itself down - and as it does this at times you are cool and other times hot - the light headedness is because there is not enough pressure to pump the blood through to your brain and that is why you have the pounding in the chest - all of these things are not good for.

We are not medical docs here - but we have been where you were so I am sure you could have died - the strain on the heart not to mention the Pancreas and the liver.

So we are here for you on sharing your experiences, support and insight as to how we did it - but for medical advice Please go and have yourself seen to.
                    Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

i nearly died last night

thats serious drinking,have you tried looking for symptoms on a search engine?

Comment

i nearly died last night

I agree with Kim..But I am so glad that you made it....It is your time to get rid of the old, and IN WITH THE NEW LIFE.
                        That was your body and minds way of saying, I don't like this, I can't take it..
                        so Listen.
                        Get help, and stick with good friends.
                        Share a laugh instead of a scotch.
                        I know it is harder to do than just saying it, but stick around we can all do this together.
                        Look after yourself. I know it was a scary fright, cause I have felt that aswell....
                        And I do not wish to go that path again....

Get some vitamins into you now...okay
                        Mel:upset:

Comment

i nearly died last night

Hi Aussie and Welcome

The time is now. You just got scared straight-alcohol can and will eventually kill you if you have a problem with it. It kills your relationships, your jobs, your livelihood, your dreams, your health, your soul.

Take this time to take care of yourself & free yourself. We're here to help. I suggest reading the book & take it from there.
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

i nearly died last night

Aussie, that's scary! But your around use it for you benefit. I had a similar wake up call about 17 years ago. I found out my fiance was cheating. I proceeded to drink a bottle of gin. (I can stand the smell of it now) But I went to sleep vomited in my sleep. woke up the next morning covered in it.( so ugly) So lucky I did not choke to death.I would have missed so much in life. Keep strong
                            Mary

Comment

i nearly died last night

Hi yes, I've been there too ...

Stick with it though, You can beat it, and I promise you that you can feel so much better,

Love & hugs to help you on your way :h :l :h
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X