WALKING ON LOTUS FLOWERS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment I am reading a book by MARTINE BATCHELOR, called Walking on Lotus FLowers.. It is about the experiences of Western and Asian women from various Buddhist traditions and all walks of life.. They range from a hermit to a disc jockey.. The thing they all have in common is a meditatiion practice which has transformed their lives

This is one of the best books I have read in a long time..

Louise xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Woo Louise,
    And did you know Stephen and Martine are fairly frequently in England running workshops, retreats etc. Just google Stephen or Martine or I think Gaia House Devon and it should bring them up when they are in UK. When you meet them, you'll love them.
    I don't have that book..........still have so many to read. I have placed a moratorium on myself not to purchase any more till I've finished reading what I've got!!
    Have you been able to get hold of her Meditation for Life book?
    raggsy.

Comment

Hi Rags, No I haven't got that one yet... I did manage to find THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING BUDDHISM, by GARY GACH, also INTRODUCING BUDDHISM by CHRIS PAULING ( this is such an easy read and explains so much about Buddhism in plain understandable English ), also, ZEN MIND, BEGINNER'S MIND by SHUNRYU SUZUKI, this is such a good book, just reading it is a meditation in itself....

So, like you, I have said to myself, no more for now.... I know what I am like, if I have too many books to read, I tend to dip in and out of them and never read them properly....

Okay then, one exception, I will get Martine Batcherlor's Meditation for Life...

I bought all those books from Amazon, they were in the seconhand section and all cost me less than half the price of new ones..

Right, I am going to Google Martine Batchelor now and see if she is in England any time soon...
      Thanks Rags..

Love, Louise xx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
      X