Topamax and rewiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax and rewiring

This question may have been answered a million times on the boards but I only have limited time to search for the answer. The book gives the impression that the Topamax somehow rewires your brain and after coming off of it, the cravings are really held at bay. I have been great for a month with just the supps, CD's, willpower and the like. But really want to moderate and want the cravings to be held at bay for life. Is it true that the topamax makes the longterm much easier after you come off of it. I have the topamax (as of today) and am leery of starting it because of the side- effects but am willing to live through anything to have a longer term fix. What is the experience of those of you that have done the topamax and come off of it? Thanks so much for any information that you can provide.
    Aloha, whalewatcher (saw two humpbacks breach today!)

Topamax and rewiring

I'm not sure about the cravings, but if you find something that shows evidence that it stops cravings for life please forward it. My doctor says the side effects are very rare though, that its like 1-4% that might get the kidney stones, and usually they are hireditary. Not sure of the other side effects other than the weight just falls off that you are asking about....

She...

Comment

Topamax and rewiring

My favorite past time, whale watching. Have you ever heard of Captain Steve? He sails out of Maala harbor, Lahaina.

Check out the Topamax survey on this board and you'll find some very useful info.

Aloha.
      Reach deep, find your will power.

Comment

Topamax and rewiring

Yes Marcel, I know who Captain Steve is. A pretty good guy.
        Watching whales from the lighthouse on Maui is incredible comforting and a time to ground oneself. Thanks for the tip. I have already checked it out. I also realize that I am being a bit unrealistic. Time to come back to ground.
        ALoha, whalewatcher

Comment

Working...
        X