Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, please help me

How's that for begging?

I need to talk to someone and prefer not to lay out my family history on the board. If anyone would like to try and give me some spiritual counseling regarding me, me drinking, children, them drinking, and husband who just plain doesn't like one of the kids (he's the stepdad) ... please respond here then send me a PM.

I really need some guidance and an objective opinion.
    Kathy

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Please, please help me

Hi Kathy, as a suggestion, maybe you should post this in the just starting out section? There are many many wise & wonderful people here willing to help. Hope this helps in some way xx
    :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

Please, please help me

Hi Kathy, I lived in Texas for 8 years, and while we lived there my husband decided to control my son, his step-son . We had moved from his father's jurisdiction and I guess he just thought it was open season on the step-son. It just tore me apart and I've never felt the same about by husband since then. It is so easy to bully a young person. Even when I was drinking, I recognized it and fought it but then through my shame would overlook it. He accused my son of being a wimp, but by son is now strong and my husband is the wimp. Bullying takes all forms.

I still love my son with all of my heart and he has deserved my love. The husband.......
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Please, please help me

Thank you both so much. SKendall, I have replied to your PM and appreciate everything. I sure can relate to what you're saying.
        Kathy

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Comment

Please, please help me

hi ther waking up

i am not in that situation but wish you well with the cutting the booze
          So sad when kids get "picked on" and its hard if moms feel they have to choose between hubby and their child.

dont know if you hubby is a drinker too.Maybe he needs help to understand how his attitide and behaviour destructive it is to your son??we all do stuff we arent proud of and as a mom the have your kids treated unfairly is not good enough and breaks your heart.

we only get one shot at bringing up the kids in the best way we can with all our imperfections but it sounds as though your hubby is displaying some unacceptable to you behaviours.

be hopeful and strong ..this cant continue for the sake of your son ..if you want to talk privately send me a message..(i,ve never done this private message stuff so hope i dont mess it up!!

Good luck and fantastic that you have realised this cant go on for the sake of your son ..it has to change .

Is there any chance of talking calmly to hubby without doing the blame thing> do he and your son share any interests ..sport etc that could help a bond form?

Maybe they will never like each other as such but can any work be done to set goals for treating each other with respect. your hubby as the adult need to take the lead on this .

dont know how old your son is but whatever age he needs space, respect and to be valued in the family.an ongoing battle between him and your son will lead to an unsafe , volatile family environment.

when people criticise our kids its hard.. but as mom we hopefully know like us our kids arent perfect HOWEVER bullying ...verbally or physically from an adult in the home is so damaging longterm,,, and just not acceptable and cant be gone along with.

SO GLAD YOU GOT BRAVE ENOUGH TO REALISE THIS CANT GO ON....

We are here if you need to talk and i really hope it all works out..maybe this has been a reason you went for the bottle???

good luck with the drinking problem too...now thats a proble i can relate too!!!!

hope you are on the way to lots of support and good advice

regards Cassy

i foster a teneager who had a negative homelife and now has every sort of support and therapy and is on the road to happiness and a better esteem

Comment

Please, please help me

Good Morning Kathy!
            You've got mail! Have a great deal and take some time for yourself if you can!
            XOXO
            Dianne

Comment

Please, please help me

i've been going through alot of these same things. feel free to e-mail me at abevel2@yahoo.com.

Comment

Please, please help me

Kathy,
                My heart goes out to you. You've come to the right place. I have a family and have to deal with all kinds of problems. Post your threads they will come..........IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X