Another Naltrexone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone drank while taking the Naltrexone? If so, what were the effects? Does it keep you from feeling the effect of the alcohol or no? And, has anyone taken the naltrexone with topamax?

Inquiring minds (me) need to know....

Thanks everbody!

She....

Not sure of the effects, but if you just take the medication and not the alcohol, the question shouldn't exist. Inquiring minds, like mine, have often looked for the back door entry back into alcohol. Now that you're here Shedot, it's best to give it your absolute all, since you are blessed with the medications.

Good Luck
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

OH, I'm not planning on drinking. I still want to know though if anyone has experienced it. I might be posted somewhere and I just havent found it yet....

Comment

Yes I did

Yes, I drank while on Naltrexone. The affect was strange, I didn't get the usual buzz and after one drink I didn't want any more. I was indifferent. Except for a couple one or two drink slipups I was successful with the drug. Thought I could stop taking it and after a couple weeks I was wanting to drink again. I got the injection yesterday, will see how that works.

Comment

Working...
        X