Running Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Music

What are your favourite songs to listen to to pep you up for running?

The only one I can think of is 'Eye of the Tiger'.

I am about to do an ipod overhaul and need some inspiration!

Doo
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Running Music

LOL!

I dont think you REALLY want to know what is on my little ipod shuffle (1Gb) - perfect size for running - but here goes - artists anyway!

Aerosmith
    Michael schenker
    deep purple
    black sabbath
    gary hoey
    led zeppelin
    Van halen
    Nickelback
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Metallica
    Joe satriani
    Foo Fighters
    Motorhead
    Whitesnake
    Queen
    Guns n' Roses
    Jane's Addiction
    Robert plant
    Gov't Mule
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Arctic Monkeys
    ZZ Top
    Green Day

Told you - it's not pretty - but if that lot don't get your butt moving - you are already dead!

Rock on

Satori

xxx

PS - I do have more refined tastes in music when I am not wanting to be revved up for exercise - honest!
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Running Music

THE BEST..... FOR STARTING OUT ON A RUN is... The Scissor Sisters-' Laura';
      It is soo good and gets me into a rythmn straight away. Actually i have just put it on now and its fab. the rest of the album is good too.... Thats if you like the scissor Sisters that is!!!

Comment

Running Music

Time for me to go old school!!

I prefer to run without music, but I have the benefit of the Prairie Path to run on. Our area took hundreds of miles of old train tracks and converted them into limestone running/biking trails. Surrounded by nature playing its own music!!
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Running Music

LOL - I must be old school too - I have to admit that I usually only listen to musin in the Gym and occasionally when skiing - I am like you - I prefer to run (my preferred sport) in silence.

satori
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Running Music

Having music to work out with is almost a requirement for me.......gets me pumped!

My new favorites:
            Justin Timberlake
            Fergie (newest favorite from her is "glamourours")
            Nelly Furtado
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Running Music

buttons-pussycat dolls
              chariot- Gavin degraw
              crazy- Gnarls barkley
              wasted- Carrie Underwood
              Black horse and the cherry tree -KT tunstall
              Stupid girls- Pink
              How to save a life- the fray
              Follow through-Gavin degraw
              Mr brightside- the killer

I have many more, but these are some of the songs that are included on my ipods "run playlist", which is for my long runs.
              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Running Music

Satori, that sounds like my cd collection. Check out the ones you havent heard of
                the chili pepers always seem to hit the spot
                Spiderbait (Run) It is a song from the goodies
                Canned heat (on the road again)
                wolfmother (joker and the theif)
                metallica (master of puppets and any other metal cd!)
                cold chisel ( barnesys voice would make anyone want to run!)
                eskimo joe (black finernails red wine)
                anything that will get hi5 and wiggles songs out of my head!

max
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Running Music

Doodoo, Weird Al did a version of that song called "Rye or the Kaiser" and it was so funny...thanks for reminding me to download it. I like European Techno-pop but find I don't like to exercise to any music at all for the most part. At my martial arts classes the instructor puts on heavy metal and thrash music which I just can't stand....guess I'm more square than I thought. Or just getting old. d-oh!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Running Music

Thanks Max,

There are a couple there I've not got - I will check them out!

Weird thing about my music collection is that my 15 year old son, who is into playing guitar now too likes all the "old" classic stuff I listen to and (mostly TRY to) play on guitar more than the stuff his mates are listening to!

I keep hearing Led Zep or Metallica riffs coming out of the music room only to realise it is my son rather than a CD!
                    Oh dear - I've probably scarred him for life!

Take care

Satori

Comment

Running Music

Hmm - From that last post - you would think I was some ageing hippy stuck in some time warp!

Just for the record - I am also into stuff from THIS millenium.
                      But it is still "usually" (but not always) at the rockier / heavier end of the scale - Wolfmother, Muse, Kasabian, Chillis and so on.

Satori

Comment

Running Music

Jee whizz. I must be ANCIENT! who are all these people you are listing as fav's?? Never heard of 99% of them!! Anyway, what about the old fave (v appropriate for MWO) 'We are Family, tra la la la, I got all my sisters with me, tra la la'............
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Running Music

No teap - you are obviously from teucter land where radio two is considered a bit racy and too modern.

I was brought up on the Black Isle - so I am not "takeen the piss!" I lived it!

Satori

xxx

Comment

Running Music

heres some more aussie stuff that you should try out

Powderfinger ( you will like them satori)
                            silverchair
                            the beautiful girls (reggae/rock, awesome)
                            bernard fanning (lead singer from powderfinger solo album)
                            pete murray
                            something for kate

that should keep you busy for a while

max
                            "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Running Music

Thanx max - I will have a listen!

Satori

Comment

Working...
                              X