LG and DfromCT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG and DfromCT

Sorry to "butt" into your area, but I have noticed that LibraryGirl hasn't been around for a while...does anybody know how she's doing? Also, DfromCT hasn't posted recently either. I hope they are both OK!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

LG and DfromCT

NOBODY knows??

Comment

LG and DfromCT

I responded to a very funny joke LG told about a month ago regarding Fuck...(it really was funny ) but haven't heard from her since then.

As for as Dave is concerned...well, we're not as friendly as we used to be...
      Plus he has toddler twins now so I assume he's buried under the diapers an way sleep deprived!

Hope they are both okay. :h
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

LG and DfromCT

OMG...That was supposed to be A DUCK!!!!!!!!

uch:

See...I told you it was funny. Jokes on me now!
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

LG and DfromCT

They haven't posted here in a while but last time they posted they were doing well and just busy with other things. Dfromct was getting ready to move into a new house, and LG was really comfortable with her modding that I don't think she felt she needed to be at the forum as much, and she was focusing on her diet so I think she's just moved on and is doing well from what we know.

Comment

LG and DfromCT

Not surprising...

drinkingal;1460624 wrote: They haven't posted here in a while but last time they posted they were doing well and just busy with other things. Dfromct was getting ready to move into a new house, and LG was really comfortable with her modding that I don't think she felt she needed to be at the forum as much, and she was focusing on her diet so I think she's just moved on and is doing well from what we know.
            This doesn't surprise me, when I'm doing well, posting seems to be an afterthought...although, my last 6 weeks, I probably should've been posting more, I think it would've helped me a lot sooner with the depression causing me to make, I don't want to say foolish, but slightly irresponsible decisions...staying out too late during the week, etc.

I don't have kids, but see the work my cousins have, if Dan is dealing with kids, I'm sure their being a handful in all the ways people love....

J.

Comment

LG and DfromCT

Hi K9 and thanks for thinking of me. I'm ok, just focusing on bettering myself beyond quitting AL. I still moderate, and drink once or twice a week, but might eventually give it up completely. Mostly I don't want the calories plus I enjoy being clear-headed and hangover free. I post a lot on my weight-loss forum and it has taken over my need for an online "community". I miss you all and think of you often. Hope you are doing well!

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

LG and DfromCT

K9Lover;1459359 wrote: ...I have noticed that LibraryGirl hasn't been around for a while...does anybody know how she's doing? Also, DfromCT hasn't posted recently either. I hope they are both OK!
                Hi K9,

The mod forum always seems to wax and wane because as some people moderating start meeting goals and doing better (sometimes very well) they tend to focus on other things. Think D is very busy with the twins and like you he has a teenage daughter so one can be as busy with a teen as well as little ones, that's for sure. I see LG responded by the time I am writing this. We miss her too, but sometimes other forums (e.g. weight loss) meet the needs for those struggling to moderate. I haven't been posting as much as I usually do either. I battle more with co-dependency issues than drinking issues and have family members and a very good friend in the throes of narcotic and alcohol addiction so I have been offline a lot too. Anyway, thanks for asking. When the mod forum has a good support group it always seems to flow better.
                :l
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

LG and DfromCT

Kradle123;1460525 wrote: OMG...That was supposed to be A DUCK!!!!!!!!

uch:

See...I told you it was funny. Jokes on me now!
                  :H:H:H
                  Kradle, you made me laugh really hard this a.m. Have a great day.
                  Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

LG and DfromCT

I think the overall consensus with all of us is, we all have lives. I don't mean that in an arrogant way, so please don't take it that way, but we all have other things going on and AL may be a problem some times, or it may not. We're not alcoholics (again, not criticizing anyone), but the route to our life issues are usually not routed (or at all) with alcohol being the epicenter....granted, it may not help or make some of our issues worse when we are experiencing these trials, but, it's not the cause....perhaps a VERY VERY influential catalyst at times.... :-)

Comment

LG and DfromCT

Stewarts;1464402 wrote: I think the overall consensus with all of us is, we all have lives. I don't mean that in an arrogant way, so please don't take it that way, but we all have other things going on and AL may be a problem some times, or it may not. We're not alcoholics (again, not criticizing anyone), but the route to our life issues are usually not routed (or at all) with alcohol being the epicenter....granted, it may not help or make some of our issues worse when we are experiencing these trials, but, it's not the cause....perhaps a VERY VERY influential catalyst at times.... :-)
                      Stewarts,
                      That was very well said and IMO accurately shows the difference between folks who can moderate and those who believe abstinence is the best choice for them. The downside for the moderators is that they don't have the daily support (because most don't need it) that many abstainers do. I think there is a wonderful bonding experience that abstainers can have that doesn't happen quite as well for moderators because moderators come and go, and wax and wane. Unfortunately, many of our favorite posters disappear into oblivion while the AF board has great long time members supporting each other and posting often. We have to remember our upside - that we can always send pm's if we really want to get in touch or need the support of a fellow modder.

Eve11

Comment

LG and DfromCT

Eve, that's a good point, regarding support. I think the big difference, and I can only speak for myself, but I don't wake in the morning with the first thought in my head being, "When can I get a drink?!?" I don't think I ever had that thought ever in my life, even in college. If that is what you're struggling with everyday, I can totally see why uber, even daily support might be necessary.

I may wake up from time to to time and be like, "Why the hell did I do that last night?" (meaning staying out later, perhaps drinking...) But in the morning, I may be mad at myself, especially if I have a busy day, actually, I don't like being off in general, but I'm not thinking, damn, I better find that bottle of vodka.

I may have told this story or not, I know I have mentioned there a few guys in my office in the program, one, a young kidm late 20s I think, unfortunately fell off the wagon, and fell off hard! He had to go into a serious rehabilitation facility, a committed one, no contact to the outside world. From what I hear, he stays in these for thirty days, gets out, cycle starts all over, back at the center...it's sad, he's a nice kid, but the point, when he was sober we were both talking and he said when he would drink, he didn't want to stop, regardless of his mood, happy, sad, angry, whatever, when he woke up, the first thing he wanted to do was a grab a drink....beer, wine, vodka, whatever....... that person needs constant support.

Another one, more of a success story, actually, a definite success story has stayed clean for years, when he went on multi day binges and that was everything...alcohol, coke, pills...whatever. He actually said that prescription drugs were the worst for him. He used to do so much Xanax he actually black out from it, even get violent ?!?!?! Sounds like it doesn't make sense, but apparently, it can happen...anyway, every now and then I notice him say, "I got to get to a meeting." Which I started realizing didn't mean a business meeting it was an AA meeting. This would always happen when he was severely stressing about something...which is quite often. My business is very stressful and perhaps not ideal for someone who gets "crazed" under pressure. As a matter of fact, my own parents were concerned about me getting into it because of the wild emotional highs and lows I can have at times....it was a legit concern, and perhaps a major catalyst that cost me my marriage...

Anyway, I'm rambling..... I think, and this is just a guess, is we're probably mostly private people, like in the "may way out" book. I don't feel comfortable talking about this stuff with anyone...or most. My friends are all, or mostly, big drinkers. I don't think they'd understand. One did when I told him I started taking anti-depressants, tell X (a bartender of a bar we watch football) to get off my back. This bar didn't serve food, and the bartender had this you must drink if you're in here rule. It sounds worse than it is...you simply had to order something...you didn't have to be pounding...I was regular with my friend and his wife. IO was in a non-drinking stint, and one day when I wasn't there the bartender casually, and jokingly said to my buddy, what's with J, not drinking is he watching his figure?" My friend gave him some details, and when I went back in he was off my case...anyway, I completely went on multiple tangents. I'm even tempted to delete most of it...but...eh, maybe someone appreciates the story...

Comment

LG and DfromCT

Stewarts;1464402 wrote: I think the overall consensus with all of us is, we all have lives. I don't mean that in an arrogant way, so please don't take it that way, but we all have other things going on and AL may be a problem some times, or it may not. We're not alcoholics (again, not criticizing anyone), but the route to our life issues are usually not routed (or at all) with alcohol being the epicenter....granted, it may not help or make some of our issues worse when we are experiencing these trials, but, it's not the cause....perhaps a VERY VERY influential catalyst at times.... :-)
                          Good post, Stewarts.:l Agree with everything you said.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

LG and DfromCT

I'm glad you're good LG! Thanks everyone for responding. I have found that I'm not on the boards myself as much lately. I try to be here to support those in need, but I also need to live "life"
                            LG - How is your weight loss going? My daughter and I re-joined the gym. We took a Zumba class last night, it was fun!
                            I'm glad you're all doing well :h

Comment

LG and DfromCT

K9Lover;1466614 wrote: I'm glad you're good LG! Thanks everyone for responding. I have found that I'm not on the boards myself as much lately. I try to be here to support those in need, but I also need to live "life"
                              LG - How is your weight loss going? My daughter and I re-joined the gym. We took a Zumba class last night, it was fun!
                              I'm glad you're all doing well :h
                              K9Lover,

Totally cute photo of you and your "mini-me". Take care and *see* you around.
                              Eve11

Comment

Working...
                              X