Day 2!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2!!!

Hi everyone, and thank you for all your responses. I love coming here to get inspiration. Today is day 2 and I bought all the supplements last night and started taking them.

Here is what scares me- Once I am not hungover and I have made sure that no one is mad at me for my drunken behavior, it is really hard to say "no, I wont have that beer". It's like I forget the terrible feeling and the shame the day after a bender. Any ideas on how to get through that? I always want to remember, so I dont do it again.

Hope that makes sense???

Day 2!!!

CK, I'm in Round 2 (fell off hard) Day 12 and for me the answer is Yes and No. It's really hard to say no to that beer but it feels so powerful afterwards to think you beat this stupid monster that's on your back. Maybe not for a life time but at least for this one moment, this one decision. This time around I'm trying to break it down that each drink is only one decision away.
    AF since 1/1/2011

Comment

Day 2!!!

Its easy to forget the hangover. Not so easy to forget to drink. One day at a time is all I can say. Each day AF is a celebration. Try to keep celebrating. B xx

Comment

Day 2!!!

Hi

Many congrats on day 2, cke, - great start :goodjob:
        As you say, though, now how do you keep it going? - Only some suggestions... Read, read, read - the motivation and inspiration here is awesome - and something to do instead of drinking; keep a journal to remind yourself not only how it feels when you do drink too much but also the amazing feelings you get when you don't! - the more you feel those 'I did it!', 'it's great to be alive!' feelings, the more ingrained they become in your memory rather than the 'I could murder a beer right now!'; find a real motivational goal to help put your vision beyond the next drink and into the future ...

Anyway, great that you're here, - we are too, 24/7 to listen, help, share, so keep coming back and best of luck with your next AF day! :h
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment

Day 2!!!

Oh groan, I know I know, so easy to forget after a night or two off the sauce just how awful the morning after really can be. No advice here really just recognition and knowledge that the longer off the sauce (hark at me, three days !!) the more bumptious you feel (not a feeling sought after for those who are not us I KNOW) but all the same I am revelling in it but acknowledge that for me, at any time, with ANYONE, a drink is a drink is a drink........... long live my bumptiousness!!!

Lorna xx
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
          X