I'm New... fate led me to this site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here I am... too afraid to even tell my friends about this... knew it was past due though...

I love my wine - drink almost a whole bottle everyday I can get away with it... always leave one glass remaining in bottle, so my husband can't say I drank the whole thing...

5 days without!!!! this is almost a record for me. Actually, I think it is. Had a bad night last Monday - woke up Tuesday and wanted to die... even made an apt with an "alcohol addiction" counselor (for this coming Tuesday night).

My mom is a heavy drinker and I'm following nicely in her footsteps - would prefer that to stop immediately...

I've read a bit through the site and believe fully in nutritional support and just recently, exercise... joined the Y last week - kickboxing! I feel very good so far (except today my body is swollen and I'm a bit "fluish") - withdrawal? don't know. I feel though like I've lost my best friend. Need comfort other ways (not food or any other bad choice though)... trying to find a substitute - so far it's the gym....

Anyways, I'll be around here hopefully and look forward to getting to meet new friends... I hope to hear from someone?

Hi,
    You've come to the right place. So many people will come to help you out! Listen to the chemical program that MWO has to offer. We fill that alochol problems are the cause of chemical imbalance.........IAD:welcome:
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yep, you have come to the right place. Nutritional support is key and you will get that from this program. Good job on the days without wine. Look forward to getting to know you....:welcome:
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi LibraLeo and :welcome:

Stick around for a while. Read everything you can ... this is a good place to hang out.

Comment

Hi LL,

Welcome. Good to have you here.

All the best,
          lucky

Comment

Hi LL..good Luck to you...my father was alcoholic and I hopes i wouldnt go the same route but years of social drinking and I think I,ve now crossed to like to addiction.

Anyway like you found this site...I knew for years but the guilt and shame i felt that my relationship with wine was not doing me any good. like you i would leave a bit in the bottle but in reality prior to stopping the apttern was a few wines most nights and maybe a bottle full saturday and sunday nights!! NOT GOOD
            I really want to moderate but not prepared to try as yet as probably deep down for me I know there is no such thing as cutting down as it creeps back up again

it was the same with ciggies..which eventually i quit 12 years ago.

like you i am into healthy eating(odd considering i poured alcohol on top of the healthy food!!)
            I walk regularly, got myself along to an exercise class and most importantly as a catholic I have deepend my need to Turn to God as I think nothing is impossible with the Lord...no i am not some crazy bible basher...however for me i use every strategy I can to stay sober.

My hubby is doing this AF stuff with me and our original goal was 40 days...we started just before Lent..also my closest friend is on board with AF too.We are all social drinkers...gone wrong!!!It helps to text my friend each am to be accountable for my behaviours...like a mini AA group!!

i havent read the book, done the supplements or followed the programme as yet...I find my inspiration from reading the posts.

Last night I went to the pub to meet friends and had a soft drink..i even felt OK about that and what a relief to go to the pub and leave without thinking "was I ok...did I act silly etc"

I bought myself a new outfit , took care with my appearance and even as a middle aged lady out with my hubby i noticed a few looks from the men!!!!(I.m no good looker but it helped my morale"

Usually when I,ve had several wines when out,,,,priority is where is the loo!!!!Its alovely feeling to get control back even if it doesnt last!!!

I wish you weel on your first steps and well done you...it helps get self respect back...and yes having a mom as a heavy drinker is sad...another reason I dont want my kids to have such a crap role model.

Regards Cassy

Comment

Hello LibraLeo,
              This is a great place. I love it.
              Lots of friendly help and support.
              Enjoy.....

Comment

Thank you everyone...

Thank you all for your welcome... and thank you Cassie for telling me a bit of your story. It's a huge RELIEF to know there are other women who can't leave a bottle of wine alone... It feels sad though, no champagne on New Years, no expensive glass of wine at a fancy restaurant... I wish I could drink like a normal human being. Maybe I can one day.

Thank you everyone.

Comment

Hi Libraleo,

Well done for finding here and welcome.

The people here are so supportive and there is always someone around.

All the best
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                  X