Snowflake's Chance in Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever wondered why this part of the board is so quiet?

I will shout it ... to the world ...

Moderation IS possible.

OK. I'll wait for the flack. I'll wait for everyone to give me a hard time, (however I may not reply. I'll need to speak to my agent.)

It seems to me that anyone successfully moderating here is considered to be a bloody social pariah.

Be that as it may. I'm happy with me.

I wish for everyone - everything they wish for themselves. Be well.

I'm quite happy with you too Tawns......
    annnnddddd, you are not a pariah...that is a small guinea pig like creature that digs tunnels in meadowlike areas.......you are a froglet, successful moderator...the two are quite different I assure you....

I DO believe that moderation is possible....I just know that I can't do it...that's all:hno sweat

Flora and Fauna professor Melonhead

Comment

Crikey, Tawnyfrog. You are not a social pariah!!! I think its fantastic to be moderating drink. I just havent done it yet. I hope to be able to do that but i'm still a little too scared at the moment. Good for you. B

Comment

oooohhh yes...and if you look at Moderationnows thread 'how do you enjoy two drinks'.....I pointed them round and twirled them in your general direction as a good example of moderation.......

Gosh Tawns....I really AM stalking you....you better hope that soon, I'm not 'storking' you...now THAT could mean something COMPLETELY different.......

LAWKS!!!!

Comment

Melon - saw the thread - thanks - but would you mind not storking me so hard? lol

Comment

Bella;111552 wrote: Crikey, Tawnyfrog. You are not a social pariah!!! I think its fantastic to be moderating drink. I just havent done it yet. I hope to be able to do that but i'm still a little too scared at the moment. Good for you. B
            I am hoping t do that also but im taking it one day at a time :happy: :happy: I will be sober , I will be sober

Comment

Snowflake

Congrats on the excellent moderation Tawny. :goodjob:
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

hmmmm. Pansy ... is only sticking in her big TOE for now ... but she loves you omnifrog!!!

Hugs,
                Pansy

Comment

Hi Tawnyfrog just be glad you can moderate us...some of us dont think thats possible for us and some are so scared after negative experiences to try to moderate.

we are all at different stages and using this board to sound out ideas ..and of course our moods change as do our thought processes...so for you I am pleased moderating has worked and long may it continue...it sure beats being far far from Sober .

godd luck and Well done to you

regards Cassy

Comment

Congrats Tawny on successfully moderating. I think moderation is possible too (at least I hope so). Since joining the MYO website I have certainly drank much less. I guess the key to moderation is not drinking to get drunk. I'm optimistic, but if it turns out I can't moderate then I'll aim for abstinence. I'm at the very beginning of this journey, but I'm very hopeful and very glad there's a place like this!

Comment

Hey Tawny..

It could only be you that would get me to post on a thread about long term moderators, my friend.

From one pariah to another!!!! and boy do i know the feeling you are expressing... its like you are a freak isnt it.. i felt that when i kept staying abstinent.. like i couldnt post cos everyone here wanted to moderate and when i realised i simply couldnt i felt like a total failure and a freak... but i'm not a failure and i'm not a freak.. and neither are you.

Speak your truth Tawny. Speak it loud and clear.

The fact that our truths are different because we are different is liberating... and poses no problem to me.

So I intend to keep speaking my truth and I hope you continue with yours... Both are valid... so long as they are real and true.

Brigid

Comment

Thanks everybody.

I guess what prompted my post was my own elation at having attended yet another social function and returned home many hours later clear of conscience.

I took 2 bottles of red, not knowing whether we were all supposed to share. I came home with 1.5. That felt really good. It was nice to have a glass of wine while watching the sun set. It was even nicer the following morning when I could remember everything that went on, who said what, who did what and how much fun I had.

Whilst I am no longer scared of drinking in social situations, I am not complacent. I still have to be mindful but at least I'm no longer terrified of making an idiot of myself.

Brigid - my truth is I can now enjoy a few drinks. In reality, if we all only ever drank the drinks we really "enjoyed" - we wouldn't have gotten into this mess in the first place. Nobody can tell me they "enjoy" their 6th whisky or their 10th chardonnay. I still have a substantial cellar which, at the rate I'm drinking, should see me out. It's actually gaining on me. I live in a wine growing area and wine seems to be a form of currency. (Tomorrow I'm picking grapes for some friends and I know they will sling me a dozen of last year's vintage.) So my truth is - although it's all around me - I can happily sip and leave it at that. I don't do drunk anymore. That's nice.

I have total admiration for abstainers. I have total admiration for anyone who reaches their drinking goals. And I have enormous respect for people starting out here who begin to address their problem. Without a doubt, I could not have achieved my contented place without MWO.

There are still sh*tful aspects of my life but being permanently legless is no longer one of them.

Comment

I just read this Tawny and, as I have been struggling this weekend, it has certainly given me food for thought.

Although I am abstaining now, I feel that if I have one glass of wine I will have 10. BUT, I also know that it really is like walking against the tide thinking that I will NEVER drink again. I would LOVE to be moderating. So, no, I don't think your a "bloody social pariah". I am just bloody jealous that you can do that.

I think, in all honesty, moderating is what I am aiming for in the long term. I don't know when I will feel ready to handle it yet.

I look forward to being a social pariah alongside you mate :H .

Comment

Hello Tawny,
                            You and others are proof that Moderation can work.
                            Well done!

Comment

Tawny,
                              And my truth is that moderation isnt for me, no matter how much i wanted it to be. I tried it a million times and a million different ways and I simply couldnt do it. Because of my failed experiences with moderation my fear is that by the time many people try for it, its too late. I dont think its too late for everyone, but for a lot ... and certainly I got to trying for it too late for me.

And I have only recently stopped wishing that moderation could be for me and locked into just being happy as I am... and stopped being jealous of you being able to do mods.

And I admire people who are honest with themselves and turn themselves around - however they do it.. be it AA, MWO.. abs, mods.. whatever.. so I finally admire myself!!! Fancy that.

Brigid

Comment

Working...
                              X