No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: Hi everyone,
    Well a quick intro I guess. Im 42 mom of two, married...and binge drink. I dont quite know what to say right now except Im tired, embarrassed and just....I dont know anymore. Im hoping I can do this. Anyways, more later I suppose.
    Thanks,
    BB

Welcome bluebutterfly42,
    There is no need to be embarrassed, though I know I was too, when I first came here. Take your time.
    This is a lovely place.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Comment

welcome BlueButterfly - I remember my first post and I sat there cringing that I had spilled my guts...............but all the support I got back was SO encouraging and it really does make it easier to think you aren't alone in this & there is some fantastic advise from people who have turned their lives around.

xx

Comment

Hi Bluebutterfly,
        welcome I understand how you feel,you will get lots of support
        take care xx

Comment

Hi Blue, & :welcome:

Don't be embarrased about posting anything here, we have all done things like that!! There is an old thread somewhere with our most embarrassing things posted on it,and what is scary that you think that only you have done these things ......

All the best, you CAN do this xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Welcome BlueButterfly,
            Taking the first step is always the hardest. I remember typing my first post and I was literally shaking. Glad you are here. It's a wonderful place and you will find a lot of support. Keep reading and posting. Lots of parents here too
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi butterfly for me posting the first time was the step to admitting i have developed a proble, like you binge drinking!!
              so glad you have made the first step..even if its just to think about it a little and formulate a plan towards some changes that maybe you are desperate to make..

a woman in her forties is in her prime years(i,m 52 so well past the forties)t You can look and feel so good IF only you can work on ways to sort the booze!!
              Even at my age I have developed a new confidence since cutting down on the booze...guilt / alcohol gives you a big blow to your self esteem. You wander about feeling ashamed, guilty, worthless , embarassed...you name it I have felt it!!!

i hope you turn into the butterfly you want to be and I think you can if you get the support from this site.

I also rely heavily on my faith, prayer, close friends and hubby to keep going on this new way of life.

Day 36 alcohol free...yipee. dont know where my journey is leading me but I recall vividly day one and scared I couldnt do that first day...i had to go to bed early for the first few nights or get on this site as I was so scared if I failed to be alcohol free for a day or 2 then what would become of me???

Take care and i sincerely wish you well...hope you step out onto this journey today.

good luck

regards Cassy

Comment

your story is as of mine....married, 2 kids, 42!! Binge as well, please don't be embarrassed! we are all here with the same problem. Addiction! welcome and post often and get everything off your chest!!

Comment

Hello BB42:
                  Never be embarressed or shy around here. Instant friends full of support! We have all been through the rough spots and we totally understand. We are only happy you found us. Please read everything you can, especially the book if you haven't already. This is such a great place. i look forward to hearing more from you.
                  Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
                  X