Strange happenings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange happenings...

Hi all it's been ages since I logged on here but I do lurk a little. My darling dad died a month ago and it all feels pretty unreal to me still, but something good has come of it...I just can't drink! Every time I've had even one glass of wine I get an instant headache that is quite disabling - anyone else had anything like this? I also get tummy problems. Now I just don't want to have any at all and have no cravings - dont even think about it from week to week.
    Strange but good.
    Cashy
    Xx
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Strange happenings...

Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing away Cashy.

I no not of what you speak re the grog, but glad to hear you're not boozing.

Take care, G bloke. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Strange happenings...

Hiya Cashy,

I can relate actually. I have chronic cervical arthritis (which has gotten progressively worse over the past months) and I am in so much pain some days that it's oddly enabled me to quit drinking and now smoking. It's a strange trade~off and one I'll gladly take. Sad but true. I recently lost my mom (sorry for your loss :l )who died of complications from smoking and drinking for 50+ years, so that was 'sobering' and eye opening, as well. I will gladly accept whatever 'help' the universe/powers that be want to dole out at this point!

Glad that you're body is having an 'allergic reaction' of sorts too, whatever works! Good for you & thanks for sharing

All the best, P
      "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Strange happenings...

Cash, sorry to hear about your dad....

it could be nerves, but whatever it is, glad to hear you're doing well despite your loss.

j.

Comment

Strange happenings...

Hi cashy, I'm sorry to hear you lost your dad :l right now everything will seem a bit weird/surreal for a while.

I don't normally get headaches from al, except from red wine. I used to like it years ago but I couldn't even drink half a glass now because it's like instead pounding headache. It's good to hear you are just happy not to drink, for whatever reason.

Comment

Strange happenings...

Cashy,
            So sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a parent is incredibly hard. Glad to hear you're not struggling with cravings. That's a great positive. So, just flow with it. Alcohol just gives you a bunch of empty calories anyway and there are lots of fun non-al things to drink with no after effects. Sounds all good to me!

:l
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Strange happenings...

Thanks everyone it's a very weird time - surreal indeed. I am just going with the flow (or not) re the drinking and yep eve I've lost nearly a stone since Christmas. I really appreciate your comments xxx
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Strange happenings...

Hi Cashregister,

Sorry to hear of your loss, that's what started me going back to heavy drinking, the loss of my Sister then Dad. I am so grateful to all at MWO for helping me stop drinking heavily and I too don't like heavy drinking as I get so ill and depressedl but do still love my 3 drinks a day at 8 o'clock to unwind.

Time heals all.
                It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

Strange happenings...

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, Cash.

Comment

Working...
                  X