Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March AF - a beginning

Hi, All,
    Since I need to do this thing, I want to start by promising to all of you that I will not drink for the rest of March. I would be very happy to have company and support, perhaps a shoulder to cry on as the days get tougher. Anyone willing to join me? :thanks::h

March AF - a beginning

hi no name girl.........

i am with you..........just starting out myself...day 5.......would love to take you up on our goal of AF for the month of march..........my 52 birthday is tomorrow......and would love to say this was my turning point for a better more productive next 40 years..........lets chat:welcome:
    You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Hurray! Thank you for joining me! And happy birthday. I just turned 57, and have loved being in my 50s. It is only going to get better from here on, isn't it?

Comment

March AF - a beginning

MARCH on to successful moderation or abstinence!

Hello everyone and thanks for starting the March thread nonamegirl. A big :welcome: to columbia as well.

Off to a fab wedding today (the young man who teen sits our kids). Will share more when time permits. Hope everyone is marching on to success this month.

:l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Thanks for the beautiful March picture, Eve! Lovely! Hope the wedding is marvelous. I love weddings, even when I don't know the people...

Day Two begins, and I know it will be a great day!
          Columbia, how are you doing today?

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Wow, I'm on 22 days of no AL.... I think someone asked on another thread, how long I ever had this many days in a row, and I'm really not sure...I've had periods in my life when I haven't been drinking, or rarely drinking, but I'm sure a beer or two snuck in there, but a pro-longed period of time...I'm really not sure....

It's weird though, my depression has been kicking in lately...I don't think AL or AL free has anything to do with it, if anything the AL would make it worse, I'm even taking meds again, very strange, not sure what it is.

j.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

HI, All

Hi, Stewarts, Eve11, Columbia, anyone else who wants to join!
              So far it is going just the way I thought. The first few days were easy-peasy to do without, probably because the alcohol was still in the bloodstream. Today is Day 5 and the cravings are bad. Yuck. Why did I do this to myself again? Afternoons are the worst, waiting for the time when it used to be close to cocktail hour. Instead, I took the pup for a walk, did a bit of housework and then came here. Thanks, everyone, for all the encouragement you give. What would we do without each other?

I know that when I need inspiration, if I come with an open heart, I will find it here with you.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

hi noname, 5 days is amazing! you are doing great. Your liver is getting a good ole vacation right now and loving it. Just remember that witching hour trigger is just a habit that's stuck in your brain, but it does go away the more you ignore it. I used to get that trigger every day but over time of changing my habits, doing af days, doing a month af etc, I don't get that witching hour trigger an more because it's like a habit that's been broken. good luck for today!

Comment

March AF - a beginning

I'm on 24 days now, it feels weird and good. No alcohol cravings at all. I guess I never really ever had alcohol cravings. I like to have fun with my friends and drink beer watching the games, after the games I play, etc., especially after the games I play, but that's about it. I am going to Montana to ski on Saturday for the week. This will be a little tough. I am going with a group. I was at a social function at my club and got the questions of course, one of my friends from school figured it out right away, she said, "your doing the no drinking for lent, wow impressive, that's tough!"

It's funny, because I've come this far, I kind of feel like I don't want to ruin it during my ski strip. My friend that said that, she said she did it once before and she said, "You feel really good, don't you?" As she sipped some wine...I agreed, because you do, physically.

I pretty much hit my weight loss goal, which wasn't that hard, actually, I'm a little over 90% there, and I'll probably end up losing some more...especially if I'm skiing and not drinking.

I'm having ex-wife problems which is bringing me down...she's crying poverty, I know she's being melodramatic, but I don't like knowing she's upset. On top of that, she's making me out to be the bad guy not helping her...anyway...it's snowing real hard in NYC right now..

j.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

HI, Stewarts.
                    So, welcome to Montana! Luckily we seem to be up for a nice weekend, so I hope you'll enjoy your stay in the Big Sky Country. Congrats on your weight loss and on your other goals... and good luck staying strong with/against/? the ex.

My husband is a New Yorker, I'm a Montanan, so we go back and forth a bunch. Love the contrast, but always love coming home to the mountains. It's just that my New Yorker in-laws think we get so much more snow than we do!

Comment

March AF - a beginning

im in! no drinks for the rest of march im on day 6 but day 4 was horrendous! im so tired of doing this to myself,one of the members has its easier not to drink then stop again or something like that in their signature,man aint that the truth!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Hi gang, would really like to have a group to hang out with for the month! Congrats to all for the journey you are on! We have such an extraordinary gift in our community/forum here at MWO! Cheers to a sober and hangover~free weekend! All the Best, P
                        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Hi
                          I introduced myself on another thread.... Thank you do much nonamegirl and paullywog

I'm also going AF for March. As I explained in my thread it's blossom season here where I live (in Tokyo). The plum blossoms came out just as I started and I want to make it until the cherry blossoms come out in early April.

It's 5am here on March 9 right now .... Hmmm does that mean I can say it's 7 days already. Probably not, but I can cross off day 5 which was horrendously difficult but which I got through thanks to coming here for help, and day 6 last night when I went to an AA meeting for the first time.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Hi
                            I introduced myself on another thread.... Thank you do much nonamegirl and paullywog

I'm also going AF for March. As I explained in my thread it's blossom season here where I live (in Tokyo). The plum blossoms came out just as I started and I want to make it until the cherry blossoms come out in early April.

It's 5am here on March 9 right now .... Hmmm does that mean I can say it's 7 days already. Probably not, but I can cross off day 5 which was horrendously difficult but which I got through thanks to coming here for help, and day 6 last night when I went to an AA meeting for the first time.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

HI, Pollywog, Persephone and Blossoms!

Welcome to my little support group. We are in this for the long haul of March. Wish I could say I had any kind of wisdom at all, but I don't. I just know that we CAN do this thing, and that when I obligate myself to you, and promise YOU that I will not drink for the rest of March, then that is just what will happen. Thank you, so much, each of you, for coming on board. You are all my saints and my support system, and it is amazing to me how much it helps me, in the dark times when I want a drink so badly, to know that YOU are HERE, that YOU have done this thing, too, and that you all know just exactly how I feel. THANK YOU!:l:h:l:h:l

Comment

Working...
                              X