A New Approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Approach

You may have read other forums where I have posted about my abscences from MWO for a few months due to my failure to live up to my commitment to stop drinking. Part of the reason I failed, was because the side effects from the topa was simply too much for me to handle. I had bladder and kidney problems, which my Dr. narrowed down to the kudzu, and my system could never tolerate the richness of the all-one and the B-50 vitimins. It was all working, but I felt so bad while using them. I tried to tirate up on the topa as suggested in the book and each time had to drop back on lower mgs. I had all the side effects mentioned at other threads which lasted for the six months I was doing the full program. Book/CD's/Sups/Meds/ That's when I made my bad descision to give it all up since I was feeling so bad (Oct.2006). Returning to my daily intake of wine to where I was before starting the program. All the drink related symptoms returned and I knew for my health, I had to get back on track. I've been back about a month now, and am using a little different approach than before. I am not using the topa. I had read posts of others who had been successful not using the meds. I am not doing the high potency vitimins reccomended. I am only using some of the sups (Lglutamine, Calms Forte, Milk Thistle). I take a multivitimin reccomended for my age, a monthly B-12 shot, and an amino acid complex which I purchase online. So far this has worked for me. The CD's and the book are a great help. During the first week back, I only used the Lglutamine in the afternoon or evenings when the shakiness and cravings started. If that didn't work, I then took a calms forte tab. This helped to calm those uneasy feelings that go with detox. So far I am doing so much better with my new approach and feel even better. I have been AF the entire time I've been back. I want to say here, if you are doing OK with all the meds and sups, by all means don't stop them, they absolutely work and did for me but not without side effects that I couldn't tolerate. The only reason I'm sharing this, is to say if you are having problems with the whole program, don't give up or despair as I did. Stay with it and try a different approach. Who knows, it might just work even better. Liz
    :heart: Eliziby :heart:

A New Approach

You are so right. This program is great because you can really mix and match and find what works best for you. I am not doing the prescription meds but the rest of the program seems to work great for me.

Glad to hear you have been AF since coming back. That is just awesome!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

A New Approach

It's good to be able to tweak the program. I had to forgo the B vitamins b/c my bloodwork came back stating that my levels were too high. Weird. Dr. said to just stick wih a multi a day.

Glad you didn't give up and are back.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

A New Approach

Hello
        Has anyone ever tried the smart pill suppliment Adrafinil? I am on Topamax 200mgs a day and am dealing okay with side effects except for I constantly feel retarded or something? Sorry for the lack of better words. But I am working closely with a doctor and have had the liver test come back Okay. Just waiting for the Supplment to come in the mail.

So Is anyone out there in my boat?
        Where did you buy it online? I was sort of nervous about this.
        Trixie

Comment

A New Approach

Eliziby:
          Good for you for not giving up. Mix and match in whatever way you can to beat this thing.
          We are here for you what ever you do!
          Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

A New Approach

Trixie, Thanks for you post. The only other rx meds I have tried is Naltrexone. It worked but also held side effects for me. I don't think I can take any of that stuff. Wish it would work for me as it has for others. So far so good with my new approach. Your description of feeling retarded in the head is a good one. I felt that too while on Topa along with all the other effects described. I didn't admit it to anyone becase I really wanted it to work for me as it did for many others here at MWO. I never could get above 150 mgs. Hope it works for you eventually. Others say it takes awhile for the no sides to kick in. Check Paddy's thread where they are sharing topa experiances and progress. Liz
            :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Working...
            X