af day Tuesday 5 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tuesday 5 March

Morning here - and afters, evening to all else.

How did the shopping trip (oops museum) go Mick? I would have loved to have gone shopping in Manchester - but usually prefer to shop on my own - I can move faster, thus spend more money and a previous experience with another woman in Ikea left me with PSSS (Post Shopping Stress Syndrome) - see an earlier post!

Mick did you mean sowing or sewing for Kuya? She's stitching up her arm for goodness sake not planting pumpkin seeds in it! Hey Kuya, you take care - that sounds nasty and I haven't even begun on some of the creatures who have vicious dogs here in NZ.

Lavande - hope you are getting some 'me' time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATRICE!!!!!::disco:
    You can have a great sober birthday and remember it. The rest of your life awaits you - decades of it to explore and enjoy.

Must ask G. about Californian sink holes - he knows about that sort of thing -
    I have to fly but will catch up with you all later I hope.

af day Tuesday 5 March

Morning all..and how is Tuesdays teetotal tippling team today?

Well yesterdays experience was a joy to be remembered..got thr rtam into Manchester..I then did one while wife and daughter bimbled about shopping..Met up and had a great lunch..all you can eat round the world buffet..Different stations from different countries with their foods...It was lovely..yumyum.Then they decided they had to go and get some make up that they had forgotten...so off we trundle to find that the shop had none in stock!!Then get the tram home ...which breaks down...on said tram guy consuming a bottle of vodka bumping his gums big style...by this time I have been told on pain of death by madam to stay where I am...my intent is to give the guy a trackside view of the countryside!!Police arrive ..said offender is carted off, and some 45 mins tram is fixed..all in a days work! today is somewhat more sedetary..digging a piece of ground behind the greenhouse to plant potatoes.Weather is supposed to be 15 degs today...then rain and frost for weekend!!!

Anyway how are you all?Fed up listening to me already? then I will move on ..tea n coffee available

Gday tt ..and how are you today?Yep apologies Kuya been too long in the garden!!! meant sewing..not sowing!!So what are you up to today? yep as you can see the shopping trip left me scarred for life!!:H

Morning blondie..and how are you today>? Methinks I will be eating a good bit less today than yesterday tho must admit it was lovely!!!Have a great evening, whatever you are doing

Hiya Kuya..got a bit o ring to it that has...you ok? hows the dog wound?tell me did you bite the dog back?eye for n eye and all that?Hope things are getting a wee bit better for you :l s your summer season gone now?

Morning Patrice..how you doing? just making sure you check in..now youve got to reply!!

Morning Lav ..how are you today? after your energetic weekend?get yourself to the gardens for some chill time!!Heres a coffee to start you off.Hard to believe you are getting all that rubbish weather when this morning we have got sunshine etc!!! have a great day.

Hiya SL...hmm wallet opening ..whats that? got no problem doing that it is the contents removal that doesnt impress me!!!How are you doing working from home?working from home ..pointless looking for you in the office..She s not there..get it? Santana ..have a great day

Morning Mr G .. beaut to see you again hows things with you ? thanks for the wishes ..abbers friend

Rabsy..eyop? what the hell is that? jumping into English ? next it will be eyop me dook!!you ok mate?

Hi ppqp ..hows the cold ? hope you are feeling a wee bit better today and the eyes aint hurting as bad.Stay snuggled up :l

Hiya Det..well mate appreciate your friendship and he must be a good mate but...Look after number one Det you have been doing really well. dont let it go to ratshit mate!!You dont need that booze at the moment ..No big drama ..youre posting bail...obviously you trust your mate else you wouldnt be doing it ..so youll get the dosh back..stay chilled ,,no need for a stressy head Det ..that wont change nowt ..numero uno!!!best of mate

Hiya Cat..how are you today? have a good one whatever you are doing!!

Rj nice to see you mate ..jump on in..30 days aint long ..its only 30 x 1..dont think of it like that just get into it .Get yourself a plan to gether of what you are going to do and how you are going to do it..As has been said NN and the tool box are ace to help ..sure Byrdire will welcome you with open arms, so go for it..
    Right thats it peeps time to go n play in the garden then off to the bank to discuss dosh with the man!Take care n have a great day

Two men met in heaven and struck up a conversation.How did you die the first man asked? i froze to death, the second answered. To which the first man asked again, how does it feel do freeze to death? At first it was extremely cold, then afterwards i lost all feeling and i died.
    By the way how did you die? the second man asked, i had a heart attack, you see i had long suspected my wife of cheating on me, so one day i came home unexpectedly and knew i had finally found her in the act.
    I run to the back of the house and found no one, then i came back in and while i was going upstairs to check in the attic i had a heart attack and died.
    That?s ironical said the second man, if you had just stopped to check in the fridge, we would both still be alive!!

Smith goes to see his supervisor in the front office. ?Boss,? he says, ?we?re doing some heavy house-cleaning at home tomorrow, and my wife needs me to help with the attic and the garage, moving and hauling stuff.?
    ?We?re short-handed, Smith? the boss replies. ?I can?t give you the day off.?
    ?Thanks, boss,? says Smith ?I knew I could count on you!?

Little Johnny and Jenny are only 10 years old, but they just know that they are in love.
    One day they decide that they want to get married, so Johnny goes to Jenny?s father to ask him for her hand. Johnny bravely walks up to him and says ?Mr. Smith, me and Jenny are in love and I want to ask you for her hand in marriage.?
    Thinking that this was the cutest thing, Mr. Smith replies, ?Well Johnny, you are only 10. Where will you two live??
    Without even taking a moment to think about it, Johnny replies ?In Jenny?s room. It?s bigger than mine and we can both fit there nicely.?
    Still thinking this is just adorable, Mr. Smith says with a huge grin, ?Okay then how will you live? You?re not old enough to get a job. You?ll need to support Jenny.?
    Again, Johnny instantly replies, ?Our allowance?Jenny makes 5 bucks a week and I make 10 bucks aweek. That?s about 60 bucks a month, and that should do us just fine.?
    By this time Mr. Smith is a little shocked that Johnny has put so much thought into this. So, he thinks for a moment trying to come up with something that Johnny won?t have an answer to.
    After a second, Mr. Smith says, ?Well Johnny, it seems like you have got everything all figured out. I just have one more question for you. What will you do if the two of you should have little ones of your own??
    Johnny just shrugs his shoulders and says ?Well, we?ve been lucky so far??

A psychiatrist was conducting group therapy with four young mothers and their small children. ?You all have obsessions,? the doctor observed.
    To the 1st mother, he said, ?You are obsessed with eating. You?ve even named your daughter Candy.? He looks to the 2nd mother, ?Your obsession is with money. Again, it manifests itself in your child?s name, Penny.? He looks to the 3rd mother. ?Your obsession is alcohol. This manifests itself in your child?s name, Brandy.?
    At this point, the 4th mother gets up, takes her little boy by the hand and says? ?Come on, dick, we?re leaving!?

Two men were walking home after a Halloween party and decided to take a shortcut through the cemetery just for laughs. Right in the middle of the cemetery they were startled by a tap-tap-tapping noise coming from the misty shadows.
    Trembling with fear, they found an old man with a hammer and chisel, chipping away at one of the headstones.
    ?Holy cow, Mister,? one of them said after catching his breath, ?You scared us half to death ? we thought you were a ghost! What are you doing working here so late at night??
    ?Those fools!? the old man grumbled. ?They misspelled my name!?

Bill Gates dies and is met at the pearly gates by St. Peter. St. Peter says, ?Well, you?ve done a lot of bad things in your life, but you?ve done some good things too, so I?m going to let you take a look at both heaven and hell, and pick which one you want to go to.?
    Bill thinks this is fair, and takes a look around heaven. He sees a lot of people in white gowns playing harps and floating around, but it looks rather boring. He looks down at hell, and sees people laughing, drinking, smoking and partying down.
    ?I?ll go to hell,? Bill says, and instantly he is whisked away into hell, where he is immersed in a vat of boiling oil as flames and smoke fill the air.
    ?What happened to all that fun I saw people having?? Bill asks, shocked.
    St. Peter looks down and says, ?Oh, you must have seen the demo version.?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

MAE Abbers,

Wounded soldier checking in bite healing well so nae bother Mick

Summer going on, another glorious day and more forecast for tomorrow.

All change at work next week as my oldest son is going to work for a software distribution company. I will really miss working with him, we have such good fun but he can earn 50% more than I can afford so :upset:

Ah well, living is about changing and I will be able to save some money on salaries

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

Sun here this morning, tomorrow is the snow/rain mix - oh well.
        Greetings TT, Mick, kuya & everyone!

I have a full day of busywork, not complaining as it will keep me out of trouble
        Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

MAE ALL....

TT...thanks for kicking us off as usual. Sounds like you have a busy day today.

Mick...glad you survived the shopping trip and the tram....but for the grace of god eh?
          Much needed sleep was had last night and the eyes aren't burning this morning. :yay:

KY
          ...glad the wound is healing. Yup life is about changing and it's a whole lot easier AF.

Lav
          ...morning and yup busywork has it's place.

Survived the snow storm but they're calling for a repeat this Sunday. :upset:
          Off for my second cuppa and read Mick's jokes...have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

kuya;1472905 wrote: MAE Abbers,

Wounded soldier checking in bite healing well so nae bother Mick

Summer going on, another glorious day and more forecast for tomorrow.

All change at work next week as my oldest son is going to work for a software distribution company. I will really miss working with him, we have such good fun but he can earn 50% more than I can afford so :upset:

Ah well, living is about changing and I will be able to save some money on salaries
            :yay: Now can you use me for room and board?

I work well with all animals and birds!

AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

Yep cantoo, room AND board available :H:H

Hi Lav and PPQ

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

KY...if CanToo's coming I want to come too.

Just checking in while waiting for my computer to update.
                (Should do it at home, have faster internet there.)

Day going smoothly and the eyes are still ok.
                Knock wood I'm at the tail end of this cold.

L8er ...PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

:yay: PPQP

It's a long flight, could use a friend

:l
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

It's not that long a flight, you two could come together

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

Mae abbers
                      Trip to NZ?! - I'll likely be there in August, so hang around till then ladies!

Mick - if you needed proof, yesterday was it - that it's safer to stay in your own back garden :H Buffets aren't good for Scots; there's a tendency to stress out at getting value without being seen to be greedy!!:H

Lav - I guess the grandkids will be staying at home whenthe storm hits? Are your chooks all safe now?

Hi PPQ and CanToo - I'll see if there's a list of things I'd like from Canadia. Can only think of Mountie and Maple syrup for now (that might suffice )

Hi TT and Kuya - How's hump day on the Mainland?

My Buddhist meditation classes start again today which is great (though I do tend to find pressing excuses not to go!) Will be good to get back into that. The rest of the time is taken up with reading and trying to get some of it to stick.

Comment

af day Tuesday 5 March

Quick check in - long, long day - was called to office, think the drama queens wanted to show how great they were doing making everything work:H Didn't get home till gone 7pm, now feed kiddiewinks, check homework, baths etc and bed - never stops!!!
                        Hired a lawyer yesterday to try and deal with the ex, wow they are expensive :upset: - hopefully I can get all sorted out and have some pennies left in my wallet - the bats flew out of it yesterday - and I DIDN"T drink to commiserate!!!
                        See you all later!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                        X