Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lifegotbetter today

:new:
    Hi everyone, l have been trawling round the internet looking for some inspiration to help me cut down my alcohol intake. And today l hope l have found it. I have been drinking every night for about four years, some nights a bottle of wine some nights only a couple of glasses. I am fed up of falling asleep on the sofa, my husband is not a drinker so he is fed up of me snoring and farting during the night if l have had a whole bottle and l am dead to the world. This is not a nice way to live my life. I feel l struggle with this because l feel unhappy and depressed, l was on antidepressants for a year and l am pleased to say l have at last weaned myself off them and now l am drug free and feel real emotions instead of being on a false high. I hate having a headache in the morning, l am tired of taking days off work and not wanting to get up in the mornings. I want to feel alive again and happy with my life. All the reading and research l have done l think alcohol problems are one of two things either a craving for sugar or our personal needs not being met so instead of facing up to that we drink to hide our dissappointment. I am going to go with the first one for now and with the help of this site and the tracker l will try and work it out. And then maybe the emotional side will get better and my husband might fancy me again if l dont smell of booze everynight. Anyone else feel the same?
    Thanks for listening.x
    :rays: lifegotbetteruk

lifegotbetter today

i'll bet you are having the first post sweats!!!!!

well done for posting. its great to PUT IT OUT THERE, isnt it.. and finally work out that you are not alone...

we have all been there in our own sweet ways.. and are all trudging out of the abyss.

there is heaps of good info on the site.. read away and decide what you will do to support you in getting your life on track.

welcome
    brigid

Comment

lifegotbetter today

Hi Life'

You want to feel alive - then you came to the right place - I was a high functioning alcoholic for more than 20 years, and thought I could not live without alcohol.

Two months after deciding it could not go on, I feel like I have a new life - I feel ALIVE for the first time in years.
      I literally find myself grinning because I feel so Good!

No headaches - getting up and having BREAKFAST for goodness sake!
      Less stress at work because I can perform better without the hangover etc etc etc.

All it takes is the decision to do whatever it takes to dump the booze.
      Sure it is hard at first - we are addicts!
      But it IS possible - I am doing it without any medication or suppliments - but purely with the support that I have received on here
      When the going got tough - there were many many people on here who reached out to help.
      Stick around - these people will help change your life.

Best of luck

Satori
      xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

lifegotbetter today

Hi there and welcome

If you have read any of my posts you will know i am right there with you in relation to the "after effects of the booze"..farting and snoring is not a good way to have an intimate relationship with the hubby. and ther lies another subject...I dont want to open this up to be smutty ..BUT personally i alsways had a few drinks before any hanky panky with the hubby so i couldnt imagine how this was going to turn out when totally sober!!!

anyway he went Af with me...we are on day 37...I initially went all coy and did avoidance as wasnt sure how "it" would be without booze on boar...(this is really shameful to admit to) However having spent a week or too considering my moves....i finally settled down and now enjoy a sober intimate realtionship again with my hubby of 31 years!)

dont know if other people use booze as a precursor to Bed time ..but i guess many do.

Fnny how the mind played the game of"have a few wines to relax"

anyway thats another "hang up " sorted for me!! yipee

Hpe nobody is offended by me sharing this BUT i,m sure it might be on other people,s sober minds when setting out on this sober/ moderating journey????just want to share that there are a lot of positives for me mentally and physically so far..

good luck to you all

regards Cassy

Comment

lifegotbetter today

Hi all, I can relate to just about EVERYThing posted above - yes the sleeping on the couch, disgust at self next day, fuzzy head at work and YES the bed time issues. Thanks for posting that. It really can only get better, with the support here I never feel alone.

Thanks again.

Lorna
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

lifegotbetter today

I can agree with all that has been posted - and it is nice to realise I'm not alone !
            One of the nice things I appreciate now is going to bed with BF and having a cuddle.......not waking up freezing cold on the settee, contact lenses stuck to eyeballs & then tripping over that last glass of wine I so wanted.
            Heres to sober, clear headed days !

xx

Comment

lifegotbetter today

lifegotbetter

:wow: That is just amazing, you all say the same thing and do the same thing. Knock the glass of wine over when you fell asleep on the sofa. My god it is incredible. It is really good to know l am not some terrible person and others are just the same. I hope this is the start of life getting better. Thanks for all the replys.x

Comment

lifegotbetter today

Hi life

its a strange thing this booze bu it doesnt make the hubby fancy us...especially if he is sober!!

I was scared as i,ve posted earlier to be intimate SOBER..as the habit was a few wines as "fore play"!!
                well I,m into a whole new happier behaviour with hubby!!no more details available..suffice to say its lovely to go to bed sober, smelling sweetly and not falling asleep at a crucial moment!!!

Farting and snoring decresed and not getting out to pee or find a drink of water.

first few weeks were so tough to get to sleep...but now slumbering happily for 7- 8 hours and oh the feeling of waking up happier and guilt free. skip to the shower ready for a new day ahead.

Cleaned out all the "passion killer " nightwear and no need to avoid the hubby,s cuddles anymore...

The sad thing was the booze might have created some of these problems for me( i have been menopausal for 2 years also) but then i got all twisted thoughts and used the booze to prevent intimacy sometimes ..or as a relaxant at other times.

can only say its lovely to be in control, fully aware and more confident without the wine accompanying to bed!!

regards cassy

Comment

lifegotbetter today

Hey - life - you are certainly not alone in this - and definately not terrible - you are just like all of us here - people fed up with not getting the best out of their lives because we got stuck in a destructive loop with alcohol.

SO - you are now OFFICIALLY not terrible - you are here and wanting to do something about it. That is one of the hardest steps - admitting there is a problem.

The ride is a lottle bumpy at first, but don't worry, we WILL be here to help talk through the tough times.

Welcome to the start of a whole new life - I think it just got better!

Satori
                  xxx
                  "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

lifegotbetter today

Welcome Life.....

From you post you are so much on the right track....

Wishing you the very best...
                    Control the Mind

Comment

lifegotbetter today

Thank you all for your good wishes. Last night was SOO hard not to go to the shop for a bottle of wine. I throw hints to the kids to go for me (how bad is that) they are so strong though and make excuses. My daughter rings to talk to me and l throw hints to her, she says go your self, l say l cant as hubby would be mad and dissappointed. What a terrible situation. If l could just think about something else instead. I need to get the book and CDs l think. I will have a look in the library. Must go to work now. Thanks again to you all.

Comment

lifegotbetter today

Welcome Life,

I can only agree with everyone else, ditto, ditto, ditto, however when I woke up I actually drank that last glass of wine instead of kicking it over :upset:

How bad WAS i .....

Love & Hugs :h :l :h
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

lifegotbetter today

lifegotbetteruk;113160 wrote: Thank you all for your good wishes. Last night was SOO hard not to go to the shop for a bottle of wine. I throw hints to the kids to go for me (how bad is that) they are so strong though and make excuses. My daughter rings to talk to me and l throw hints to her, she says go your self, l say l cant as hubby would be mad and dissappointed. What a terrible situation. If l could just think about something else instead. I need to get the book and CDs l think. I will have a look in the library. Must go to work now. Thanks again to you all.
                          You can download the book from the internet, its like 87 pages so make sure the paper is full. Takes like 15 minutes. Order the CD's today, get the kudzu and glutimine either on line or from a local health store.

Last night was my first night not drinking, and i have drank every night for the last 3-4 years. Sleep sucked, cause i didnt pass out, but i made it thru.

Took my niece last night to volley ball practice, any other time i would have dumped that responsibility on my wife cause 7.00 is drink time. Well not last night, i went with my family instead, played basketball in the gym with my son and then watched my niece practice.

Tonight son has baseball practice from 630 till 800, i will be there. These things are hopefully breaking my normal pattern of staying home and getting drunk. Look for positive distractions and activities. I am a drunk, if i can you can.

I will be in your corner, as i know you are pulling for me
                          Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

Working...
                          X