Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MWO Convention- New York City- August 5, 2006 IS THE DATE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that New York City would be the perfect place to have our first full group meetup. Many of us live in and around the NYC area, and it is a fairly inexpensive plane ride from most parts of the country. There are so many things to do and see here- the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Broadway, Central Park, and so many other attractions. I'd be happy to be a tour guide, and I'm sure that Happy Camper, Brandy, Reenie, and the other area people would love to take part as well.

August would be a great time to do this because so many people have vacations then. Maybe the perfect time would actually be on Labor Day weekend, September 2-4. My birthday happens to be on 9/2, and I'd love to celebrate it with my MWO friends! We can make the meeting happen in the autumn months instead if that works better for the majority. Any thoughts?

Re: MWO Convention- New York City- August 2006!

Labor Day out for me, for sure. That's when my half marathon is!! Everybody has to be THERE to cheer me on:rollin
    If it's good for everyone else, though, go for it, of course! Other dates in Aug. would work for me, but it will be tough in Aug., with vaca, like you said, Brian.
    Maybe later in sept?
    I dunno.
    Just have to set a date and whoever can get there is great!
    Bec

Comment

Brian I think that sounds awesome! I am not sure about that exact date either, but maybe if that doesnt work for that date, then sometime in September? We are moving in August as well, and unsure of the date. I would probably not be able to do August. But I've always wanted to see NYC! I hope this will work out! Hopefully RJ will have some thoughts and we could get something cooking!

Allie

Comment

Hi all,

Labor Day weekend works great for me - we don't go back to school until after Labor Day. Would love to cheer Becca on.

Of course, if that is not good for other folks, then I can come at other time during the summer or fall, I guess. Spirit is so cheap, but that might mean missing day of work to fly back.

Anway, count me in!
        Pansy

Comment

Geez guys ... now I have to make a decision!

Annual holidays in Palm Cove, Cairns OR New York City?

How's the surf at that time of year?? 8)

Tawny

Comment

The date is certainly flexible, but I think it is a good idea. If we keep talking about it, I'm sure we can come up with something that will work for a large group of us. Just a thought...are any of our members travel agents? Maybe we can figure out some kind of airfare/hotel package.

Comment

pansy you are coming before that anyway right?
              why don;t we shoot for late Sept after that- is that cool?

Comment

Yeah, mid to late Sept.
                but that's just my 2cents. The holiday wknd might work better for other people. Keep talking about it. Will have to be a majority rules thing.
                Travel agent is a good idea, Brian. Or if we can firm up a date, we can Hotwire a few hotel rooms. Or I'll camp out on Brandy's couch:lol

Comment

don't most kids go back to school right after that weekend- that could be tough for the mommies- I do know it is different all over the country, but I'm pretty sure it is like that here. I really want to see you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I can't commit to any dates this early.

Becca, you have a spot with your name on it!:rollin

Hugs
                    Brandy

Comment

Brian, et al: yikes, I'm booked that weekend and Dr. G is not available until August or September...I was hoping to have her involved if at all possible, but her schedule is nuts. Sorry! I agree the Big Apple sounds like a wonderful venue and it'd be fabulous to have you show us the town.

Would encourage any of you who wish to meet to absolutely do so, but unfortunately I won't be able to join in the fun--this time around, anyway.

Thanks for your work on coordinating something! :-)

RJ

Comment

RJ;

It won't be the same without you!

Brandy

Comment

Hi Patty,

I do intend to come out during summer. Labor day weekend would be cool to support Becca - but I can come out again later in the month. Don't think going to be going to DC too much after this summer

Just won't be able to fly Spirit air - their flights leave at weird times. Would come in at about 11 pm and would have to leave early Sunday am. I would want to stay longer and have some fun!

Take care,hugs to you and sophie (and tim)
                          Pansy

Comment

the New Yorkers (me included) should have a meetup soon to discuss how and when we can do a full convention-type thing. How does the weekend of June 10-11 work for you all?

Comment

bad for me- in-laws coming to see daughter- sorry- but fill me in or call me- sorry i can't make it- after that only time bad for actually big meetup is in July - weekend of the 15th-

Comment

Working...
                              X