Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New too!

Hi everyone,
    This si my first day here. I consider myself a problem drinker that binges. I usually drink once a week sometimes twice. For many years I barely drank and it seems the past 10 years or so, Ive incorporated it into my lifestyle a bit more..well..more than a bit more If Im being honest. When I binge drink, I end up doing the most stupidest and shameful things and Im depressed for days after and stay away from the booze. Once I start feeling better again, I hit the old Captain and diet coke again...having a wonderful time to begin with but then totally messing up.I just started looking into Moderation Management and just ordered the book. I feel so alone sometimes and Im hoping to build a support system so I can stop doing this shit and have a better life for myself and those around me. Im so ashamed ans embarrassed..I thought I was better than this.
    Anyways thanks for listening.

New too!

Welcome!!! and one thing is for sure ...You are not alone in this struggle you mention. It comes in all forms and shapes..all types and kinds...

Read as many posts as you can and the book...that is great!...

Determine what you want to accomplish...all the folks here are very supportive.

Wishing you the very best in this new journey.
    Control the Mind

Comment

New too!

I to love the Captain and coke, henceforth my name here. I drink it every day, just found this place and i am fed up with doing the same harmful thing to myself over and over. I downloaded and printed the book, it is less than a 100 pages and i will read it all tonight.

I cant help you cause i am the same as you, but lets read the book and see where it goes, who knows maybe we both find what we are looking for.

Good luck
      Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

New too!

hi Captain just caught up with you..i asked earlier what your plan fro toight is and hey fantastic you have the book to go at!!I,ve never read it or done the supplements yet..i am holding the supps off until i feel the craving return or are too strong to go it alone.

Maybe tonight you wont drink the Rum stuff? hope you get on well at the doctors.

go for the full check and face the facts.

I bet if your blood pressure is high after 30 days (if thats you gopal) it may be lower...mine is!!

The weight will start to drop as long as you dont replace booze with cakes, choocs etc

You have the rest of your life to start getting into shape as you said earlier you are piling on the pounds.

Its great you found this site...,,you are on the road to change and healing all the crap in your head ....

i,m also still working on it...off to keep fit and feeling good ..day 37 AF ..i honestly thoght this wouldnt be possible for me.

regards Cassy

Comment

New too!

Welcome,

The people at MYO our a wonderful source of insight and inspiration. You've made the first step in changing your drinking habits just by logging on here. I encourage you to buy the My Way Out book (I've read it more than once) and especially spend lots and lots of time reading posts. Your not alone in your struggle. All of us here have been or still are struggling with alcohol problems. Good luck. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Julie

Comment

New too!

Hi Blue, l`m new too. last night was so hard. I normally sit down with a glass of wine everynight about 7.30. I so wanted to go to the shop and but a bottle. Will it get easier l hope so, l am trying for moderation. Mind you all l am thinking about is the weekend when l can have my moderation. I hope this gets easier. Hope you are doing ok too.
            :rays: lifegotbetteruk

Comment

New too!

Tired of binge drinking too

Hi Blue,
              Boy can I relate to the binge drinking story. I used to pride myself on the fact that I wasn't drinking on work nights. But the week-end drinking just got out of hand.
              I am defintely here to support you. You may come across some of my posts and if you do you'll see how alike we are.
              My poor husband was getting to the point of dreading social events we were invited to as he always had to be looking out for me. Usually he'd fail - he always knew how to stop at one or two and I'd be in the partying mood and would just keep chuggin um down. I'd wave him off - "I don't want to stop...I'm having fun" or "it's a wedding - let's have a good time" or yada yada yada. I see such relief in his face and attitude now that I've made a change. We're going to a big Easter celebration and I'm excited to go knowing I'll be able to be strong...my plan is soda mixed with diet cranberry and then I'll treat myself to one glass of wine with the dinner and then back to the soda/juice. I can already envision how proud I'll be not stumbling out of this gathering!
              Keep posting - looking forward to getting to know you and all of the others better.
              Eve
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

New too!

You said you wanted a support network! we all know what you are going through. I am still going through it myself we need to bounce off each other , the support that I have had here has been great. Everyone understands. keep posting, get the book, take a step back and have a happy easter and no liquor chocs!
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

New too!

You're a wonderful person

What you said . . . "I thought I was better than this," . . . you are a wonderful and special person as we all are. Everyone of us has something to offer. EVERYONE has some obstacle, however, it doesn't make YOU less of a person . . . BlueButterfly, there is no one else like you in the world . . . don't let this affliction, disease, or whatever you choose to name it, define who you are . . . YOU define who you are and no one else . . . hold onto whatever faith you have and just keep coming back here and reading b/c it really does help . . . my belief is that everything happens for a reason whether we see the reasoning or not . . . be kind and good to yourself . . . b/c shit does happen (it just depends on how well we handle it!):H

Comment

New too!

Welcome!

A warm, warm :welcome: to you Blue, - great to have you with us - if you're looking for support, inspiration, to be part of a group who understands, then you're in the right place. Someone's here 24/7 and we've all been there/done that to a greater or lesser degree, in our own sweet ways - and we're all finding our own ways out of it to a new life. So welcome aboard and good luck with the first steps...
                    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                    Goals:
                    Days 1-7 DONE
                    Days 8-14 DONE
                    Days 15-21 DONE
                    30 days DONE
                    60 days
                    100 days

Comment

New too!

Welcome, you are certainly not alone.I also did week end binges but they gradually
                      turned into evening binges,then when I wasn't working daily binges which really
                      scared me, but since I found mwo I have managed 5 weeks complete sobriety.
                      I tried AA , which is wonderful for some people but not for me. I bought the mwo
                      book and log on to this site daily,only now do I feel that I can beat this horrific
                      disease or whatever we wish to call it, because it is something that I feel I have no
                      power over once I start drinking. For me moderation is not possible,I wish it was.
                      I am sure you are now on the right track, as the first step is to admit to a problem.
                      I wish you all the best, you can do it. xx

Comment

Working...
                      X