af day 12 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day 12 Mar

good morning all...and how are we today? is it a toxin free Tuesday for you all too?
    Weather out here is pretty cold ,snowy and icy..some happy chappie on the weather was telling us last night that all the plants were going to die because the weather was wrong..Glad all mine have got cloches over the top of them!!Just weighed myself ...12 stone? eat less weigh more! think something has gone a wee bit wrong here!!Rethink time

Tea and coffee and lemon available for all who desire/require it

Evening T ...well where are you ? very conspicuous by your absence!! take it you are a busy bee..dont forget your me time!!

Morning Blondie ..(start with you today!) how are you? looked at that link re the Epsom salts.. thanks for posting it ...didnt realise it had some many uses in life...wont be using it as the hair scrub though!!Going to get some today..need to see if I can get ot wholesale somewhere..it talks about 2 cupfuls etc..all they sell in the local shops is wee piddly packets. Yep the rabbits had their bottles last night.ANy plans for this evening for you?

Morning Lav and how are you today? ...sounds like you are busy..not off to your exercise ..oh dear.Daughter went back yesterday, so its time to get the house back in order..not that she is untidy ..yeh right!!You any plans for today...after this coffee?

Morning SL...how are you today?Lets hope the "never again " attitude remains.As for feeling like kids round our parents..think we all do that at times irrespective of age.That was a good cause your daughter donated her hair to..just goggled it to have a look..must be 10 inches ,to be of use, so she must of had pretty long hair!!
    Read through your strategy plan that ppqp found ...looks pretty good ..go for it

Morning SF...you ok? glad you are back on track..think you are right ...one day at a time ,and be determined.You can do it.Looks like you are having things tough ..but dig those heels in lass

Hiya yah..try saying that fast!!!welcome back..kind of thought somethin had gone wrong when you didnt reply to all the posts....people did miss you you know so youre 3 weeks in now? Not everybody does it firsttime round,and as long as you understand how and why it went pear shaped thats the main thing.Oh ho the word chuffed now appears in your vocab too!!As for the house..wheres the piccies?

Hiya Cat..wow how many hours were in your weekend? did you not stop?Sounds pretty packed to me..no wonder you slept in Haven looked at the research bit re epsom salts but will do..thanks

Morning PPQP..one extra large to go..though my memories of Canada, as I recall it was all large!!Bearing in mind this is millions of years ago, remember asking for a coke in Ralston, and the woman brought out this huge bin full of coke!!The names bring back memories for me ..Banff,Calgary Lethbridge Medicine Hat....hmm maybe one day I ll do a General McArthur quote!
    So the word chuffed has now been introduced into both the American and Canadian vocab.....well chuffed wi that!!:Has the construction work started yet?

Good evening Kuya ..and how are you today?Went swimming yesterday again ...getting to be regular this is!! Confession time..I watched the beginning and end of Cory last night..just to see the meerkats..you know the ones that sponsor car insurance? well they sponsor Cory now too..programmes crap but they are ace..not that I know much about them..Sergei Alexander Vassily Maiya Bogdan and Yakov !!!:H:H
    So what have you been up to mate? things settling down any better for you? fingers crossed

Hi Freefly ..you ok? how are things with you ..Welcome to the thread..hope you stay and enjoy

Well Molls ..big silver bird day for you ..hope you enjoy yourself...methinks wont be too long before I am back ..have a great time

Right folks for the off might be snowy but the sun is coming out so take care and have a great day

The teacher came up with a good problem. ?Suppose,? she asked the second-graders, ?there were a dozen sheep and six of them jumped over a fence. How many would be left??
    ?None,? answered little Norman.
    ?None? Norman, you don?t know your arithmetic.?
    ?Teacher, you don?t know your sheep. When one goes, they all go!?

old but good

Asked about his views on euthanasia, Clinton replied, ?Youth in Asia are just like kids everywhere else.?
    When Clinton was asked what he thought about foreign affairs, he replied, ?I don?t know. I never had one.?
    Clinton?s mother prayed fervently that Bill would grow up and be president. So far, half of her prayer has been answered.
    The American Indians have nicknamed Bill Clinton as ?Walking Eagle? because he is so full of shit that he can?t fly.
    Clinton is doing the work of 3 men: Larry, Curly, and Moe!
    President Clinton confounded critics when his job approval rating went up to 69%. ?It?s no secret why most Americans love him. He?s the only person on TV who?s not talking about Monica Lewinsky.?

How many members of the Obama administration does it take to change a light bulb?
    1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed;
    2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed;
    3. One to blame Bush for burning out the light bulb;
    4. One to arrange the invasion of a country rumored to have a secret stockpile of light bulbs;
    5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton for the new light bulb;
    6. One to arrange a photograph of Obama, dressed as a janitor, standing on a step ladder under the banner: Light Bulb Change Accomplished;
    7. One administration insider to resign and write a book documenting in detail how Obama was literally in the dark;
    8. One to viciously smear #7;
    9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how Barrak Obama has had a strong light-bulb-changing policy all along;
    10. And finally one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.

What do men and mascara have in common?
    They both run at the first sign of emotion.
    What do men and pantyhose have in common?
    They either cling, run, or don?t fit right in the crotch!
    What do you instantly know about a well-dressed man?
    His wife is good at picking out clothes.
    What has eight arms and an IQ of 60?
    Four guys watching a football game.
    What is the difference between a sofa and a man watching Monday Night Football?
    The sofa doesn?t keep asking for beer.
    What is the difference between men and women?
    A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need. A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need.
    What?s a man?s definition of a romantic evening?
    s*x.
    What?s a man?s idea of honestly in a relationship?
    Telling you his real name.
    What?s the best way to force a man to do sit ups?
    Put the remote control between his toes.
    What?s the best way to kill a man?
    Put a naked blonde and a six-pack in front of him. Then tell him to pick only one.
    What?s the difference between Big Foot and intelligent man?
    Big Foot?s been spotted a several times.
    What?s the smartest thing a man can say?
    ?My wife says??
    What?s the quickest way to a man?s heart?
    Straight through the rib cage.
    Why are all dumb blonde jokes one liners?
    So men can understand them.
    Why can?t men get mad cow disease?
    Because they?re all pigs.
    Why did God create man before woman?
    He didn?t want any advice.
    Why did God create man before woman?
    Because you?re always supposed to have a rough draft before creating your masterpiece.
    Why do doctors slap babies? butts right after they?re born?
    To knock the penises off the smart ones.
    Why do female black widow spiders kill the males after mating?
    To stop the snoring before it starts.
    Why do jocks play on artificial turf?
    To keep them from grazing.
    Why do little boys whine?
    Because they are practicing to be men.
    Why do men like smart women?
    Opposites attract.
    Why is it good that there are female astronauts?
    When the crew gets lost in space, at least the woman will ask for directions.
    Why is psychoanalysis a lot quicker for men than for women?
    When it?s time to go back to his childhood, he?s already there.
    Why is it difficult to find men who are sensitive, caring and good looking?
    They all already have boyfriends.

A Post Office worker at the main sorting office finds an unstamped, poorly hand-written envelope addressed to God. He opens it and discovers it is from an elderly lady, distressed because some thief robbed her of 100 dollars. She will be cold and hungry for the rest of the month if she doesn?t receive some divine intervention.
    The worker organizes a collection amongst the other postal workers, who dig deep and come up with 96 dollars. They get it to her by special courier the same morning.
    A week later, the same postal worker recognizes the same hand on another envelope. He opens it and reads: ?Dear God, Thank you for the 100 dollars. This month would have been so bleak otherwise. P.S. It was four dollars short but that was probably those thieving bastards at the Post Office.?

A boy and his father were playing ball in the front yard when the boy saw a honeybee. He ran over and stomped it.
    ?Don?t do that, that was a honeybee,? his father said, ?he wasn?t doing anything to you. For killing him you will do without honey for a week.?
    Later the boy saw a butterfly, so he ran over and stomped on it.
    ?That was a butterfly,? his father said, ?he wasn?t doing anything to you, and for killing him you will do without butter for a week.?
    The next morning the family sat down for breakfast. The boy eating his toast plain with no honey or butter.
    Suddenly a cockroach ran out from under the stove. His mother stomped on it.
    The boy looked at his father and said, ?Are you going to tell her, Dad, or should I??

Five surgeons are discussing who makes the best patients to operate on. The first surgeon says, ?I like to see accountants on my operating table, because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered.?
    The second responds, ?Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything inside them is color coded.?
    The third surgeon says, ?No, I really think librarians are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order.?
    The fourth surgeon chimes in: ?You know, I like construction workers?those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end, and when the job takes longer than you said it would.?
    But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed: ?You?re all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There?s no guts, no heart, and no spine, and the head and butt are interchangeable.?

These are actual answers on a McDonald?s application submitted by a 17 year old kid someplace in Florida. They actually hired him too. I think this kid?s gonna go far?
    NAME: Greg Bulmash.
    s*x: Not yet. Still waiting for the right person.
    DESIRED POSITION: Company?s President or Vice President. But seriously, whatever?s available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn?t be applying here in the first place.
    DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options and a Michael Ovitz style severance package. If that?s not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.
    EDUCATION: Yes.
    LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility.
    SALARY: Less than I?m worth.
    MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.
    REASON FOR LEAVING: It sucked.
    HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.
    PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
    DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?: Yes, but they?re better suited to a more intimate environment.
    MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one, would I be here?
    DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 LBS?: Of what?
    DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate question here would be ?Do you have a car that runs??
    HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing house Sweepstakes.
    DO YOU SMOKE?: On the job no, on my breaks yes.
    WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?: Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb s*xy blonde super model who thinks I?m the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I?d like to be doing that now.
    DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE?: Yes. Absolutely.
    SIGN HERE: Aries.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day 12 Mar

it will get easier... i hope?

On day 3 again and it's not even noon.
    Will stay close to this site today in attempt to move onto day 4. I've not much to say, lots to do though.....
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day 12 Mar

Well Abbers....still here, planned a sense delayed till Thursday

Mick.....I say again, where DO you find these jokes and stories? Do you have a library, and is it limitless cos I plan to be sober a VERY long time ! :H

Very busy day today, five hours straight operating, bloody knackering but good money. Quiet the rest of the week, barring the unforeseen .......gives me a chance to get on with an important project.

Yah ..... So good to see you back. I renovated a house a couple of years back and it was VERY tiring and stressful. You will be back in routine soon. Well done for getting straight again......I couldn't , I don't handle things like that well and would beat myself up ( with alcohol) for weeks I fear. In fact THAT fear keeps me sober, being too all or nothing.

Anyhoos.....time for a wander, then orf to sleep.

Laters

KY

Comment

af day 12 Mar

Good morning Abbers,

Dark & very damp here this morning but at least it's just rain, not snow

Thanks for the coffee Mick!
        I am actually going to visit my daughter & grandaughter today. I'll mess up their place for a change :H Just glad I am finally seeing the end of this head cold, yuck. I actually lost a few pounds over the past week, haven't had much appetite. I'm sure they will find their way back

Hello learningtolovewinter!

Greetings Kuya!
        Hope you have some time to relax now.

YahYah, glad you are back!
        Two glasses of wine won't solve any problem, we just need to remember that, right? Great to hear you are making progress on your house!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day 12 Mar

MAE, everyone!

Hello, LTLW, and welcome. Do hang close. Day 3 can be hard, but it does get easier. We're all here for you.

It is good to be back.

Mick, I, too, hope you have a good long resource of running jokes to entertain us for many moons to come. It's neat that you have all your tender vegetation under cloches to keep them snug while winter lingers on.

Your day does sound demanding, Kuya. I hope it all goes well and you have some time for you later this week.

I am actually liking the physical work at the house very much, especially since my profession entails a lot of sitting on my ass. It is stressful mostly because the sooner it is done, the sooner it will hopefully be sold.

My daughter was up with me this past weekend, meticulously cleaning up any paint spatters that were left on the floors. I went in to touch up a spot in a room she finished and ended up taking a tumble off the ladder. I ALMOST hit the floor without paint going everywhere, but not quite. My daughter wailed, "Mooommmm!" when she saw paint on the floor she had just cleaned. I had to laugh. It was gratifying, because I was grateful and encouraged that I didn't hurt myself, given that I am older now, and the floor seems a lot harder than it used to be.

Hi Lav, yeah, it is raining down here too--very dreary. I am glad that you are starting to feel better. I hope you can banish those pounds permanently. How did you fare in the snowstorm that wasn't last week?

Anyway, I'm off to clean up a bit around here. I was very lazy yesterday, so it's time to get back on the wagon with taking care of my own living space.

Hugs to all,
          :l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day 12 Mar

MAE ALL....

TT...glad to see you decided to take a break from the thread start this morning. Good job on not smashing the wine bottles against the wall. :H Know how you feel though...almost resigned from work last week due to a grumpy old building superintendent who is just biding his time till he can retire. Bet if I'd still been on the booze I would have followed through. Hope the tricky meeting this morning went without a hitch.

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. Need more! Very productive garden meeting last night, except for the one person, and there's always one, who kept going off on tangents and quite frankly wasting everyones time. Got home and checked in here and just had to reach out to some of us who needed a little support.

Next thing I knew it was midnight. So much for my 9 pm bedtime. Gave myself permission to sleep in a couple of hours this morning, so starting my second cuppa now and moving slowly. Construction has commenced on my office :yay: Had a peek last night and looks almost done. Probably because the crew is 4 females and 2 males and us girls know how to get things done.

:welcome: Learningtolovewinter....hmm maybe LTLW for short? It will get easier, period. My second day 3 found me feeling like death warmed over and my MWO family trying to figure out what I could try eating to get that much need sustenence, so you sound a little ahead of the game to me. Good plan on staying close to the site today. I will check in during the day to see how you're doing. Looks like this is your first post. Are you new to MWO? Today would be a good time to visit the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html and check out the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html. I found myself reading everything I could in those early days. It just made me feel not so all alone.

KY
            ...hope the surgeries went smoothly and it's good the rest of the week will be quiet.

Lav
            ...enjoy your visit with your daughter and g/daughter and I bet you don't mess up their house. Just don't see it in you.

Now I really must get ready for work. Will read Mick's jokes when I get there. What else is work for? Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

X-Post YahYah
            ...LTLW, great minds think alike. :H Glad you didn't hurt yourself with your fall from grace.

Comment

af day 12 Mar

Just checking in to see if you posted LTLW...Hope you're doing ok....PPQP

Comment

af day 12 Mar

made it....

made it through day 3... moving on...
                March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                May 29: back to day 1
                June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day 12 Mar

Hi SL, Mick (thanks for the welcome) and all the Abbers. Lurking and reading your thread. Struggling a bit but AF. Really want to go to the shop but not going to.

x-post, well done LTLW
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day 12 Mar

So glad you posted LTLW...don't know what time zone you're in but glad to hear you're onto day 4. :goodjob:

Sorry you're struggling FreeFly :l So glad you're not going to the shops...:goodjob:

Check out SL's plan again (I think it's in your pocket!) or better yet, share a little and maybe someone can say something that will help you with the "stinking thinking".

Don't think I can stay up as late as I did yesterday, but I'll be popping in and out for the rest of the day.

Sending you both some Positive P's....:angel:"PPP":angel:

Comment

af day 12 Mar

Thanks Pourquoi. Been feeling down but not much up for talking. Off to bed for early night - it's safe there :l Will check in tomorrow.
                      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day 12 Mar

Really quick check in - doing good - think there is some relief in saying it will be never again....
                        Yup, I hope I am Thomas Blondie, looking forward to getting over the hill!
                        Day 3 feeling as if there is hope for me - in regards to this part of life at least...
                        Will check in later - this is my before the drive home accountability review, and most importantly reminder of what I want!
                        Yup Mick, her hair was a good length - it was not hard to get the 10 inches for Locks of Love - she is proud, good feelings to see her like this...
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day 12 Mar

FreeFly;1476782 wrote: Thanks Pourquoi. Been feeling down but not much up for talking. Off to bed for early night - it's safe there :l Will check in tomorrow.
                          Hope you're all tucked in FF.... if you can't sleep or wake up restless...do some more reading around the boards.... See you in the morning :l PPQP

Comment

af day 12 Mar

scottish lass;1476809 wrote: Yup, I hope I am Thomas Blondie, looking forward to getting over the hill!
                            We can call you SLT...:H

:goodjob: on checking in and being accountable before the drive home....lots of detours can come up but you're in the right frame of mind....

Will watch for you later.....PPQP

Comment

af day 12 Mar

PPQP - home, supper done and feeling good!
                              So hoping the penny has dropped at long last!:l
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                              X