af day Friday 15 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Friday 15 March

Morning Abbers! So glad to wake up bright and breezy and with a clear head as I have to use my numbskill (brain) quite a bit today - a long workshop thingie that I am looking forward to as its an interesting subject area and I am one of the organisers. More organising tomorrow - finally having my daughter's birthday party - its in a historic forest reserve near a former mental hospital. Very pretty esp in autumn. So this Mum is making samosas, cheese pies and cake tonight and tomorrow for this. Just a small group of teenage girls who still have a preference for ginger beer. Long may that last. They are all very manic and and don't need substances to get that way...

Hey Kuya and Mick - I thought the image of a nocturnal mermaid was quite endearing and definitely would be flattering for the fuller figure MM - (not that I know what K's bod looks like - just going on personal observation of my own check in before the mirror). But I am not a Pisces soul and only warm tropical shallow water entices me to take the plunge. AS for wandering - I sometimes wander around the garden at dusk - and later around the house - and on the Boards too. yeah - bet Mick has a few jokes about that!

How are the new faces? LTLW - great progress - listen to all the advice - there is heaps and not all is appealing but don't shut it out. Nice to see you here Tigerlily.
    Don't understand all the natter going on between those creatures from the Army thread!

Yep, PPQP and CanToo - nobody knows what real cold is like - like the Canadians (well except those in Iceland maybe!). At least you guys usually have the right clothing and indoor heating for it. Here in NZ we have a legacy from Britain of living and working in freezing little hovels. My Mum used to think that lots of fresh air and the chill was good for you in winter - inside the house!
    Still don't believe Mick about the weather in the UK. OK I do see some clear skies in your photos - but you get clear skies at the North Pole too. (did last time I was there on my nocturnal wanders!)
    Morning too SL, SF, Lavande and all others. Hi there Blondie!
    I must dash and get on with prep for my workshop - have a Fab Friday - always the best when you are booze-free!

af day Friday 15 March

Hey TT - tis weird this time zone thing. See why you all MAE! Your day sounds fun - hope you enjoy. Just popping in this thread for a prediction of my tomorrow....

Yay, it's another HFM and I've just enjoyed 8 hours of blissful sleep
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

here you are tt...a wandering joke

Two mountain bred GIs were wandering the streets of calcutta when an old woman walked by. "Hey, Billy Joe," one said, "I think that's Mother Teresa." "Your nuts." "I'm telling you."They approached the woman and one asked, "Are you Mother Teresa?" The old lady eyed them scornfully. "Fuck off, you goddamn perverts," she hissed, striding off. "Jeez," Billy Joe said, watching her disappear into the crowd, "now we'll never know."

[/URL]
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

mae

TT - Didn't realise you were going to Blighty. Saw the snow on the news - looks beautiful! Your daughter's party setting sounds great (and appropraite for a bunch of teenaged girls?!) I hear you about the cold houses, although my parents had all the comforts so that when we visited in the midst of winter you could sit in shorts! My current house is icy cold in winter and boiling in summer! I do love open windows year round though.

Mick - glad you got Epsom salts, but I thought they were everywhere (they are here). I guess there'll be a lot of packages arriving at your door over the next few weeks (assuming they get through customs!):H Oh, and now I can picture Victor when I read your posts. Love him! I can't bloody believe it!! :H

Hi FF - yes can confirm all quiet on the Ides of March and it's a beautiful day!

Spending more time online with customer support today, so don't envisage getting much done. Still got mouse problems, but no longer cute. Need to get poison for it (them?!):upset:

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

Greetings Fabbers!

Quick flyby. Ive got the Oz formula 1 grand prix screaming away in the background near my house at the moment. Sounds like a swarm of killer bee's! Well, off out to the jim and a swim in the bay, and i reckon i'll take the car and lay a bit of rubber on take off.

Best wishes all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

Morning to all- last night before I went to sleep I saw that today's thread had already been started. I am waking up earlier these days, which is a nice benefit. The temperature is 0. And it is supposed to snow on and off throughout the day then turn to rain. Sorry to be the weatherlady, but.. hmm. Between the weather and being unemployed since June (voluntary- don't feel too bad for me), things are a little limited just now.

Anyhow. Question
            for someone: Am I really on day 6 if I haven't drank since Sunday, March 10th? Just being silly- but don't want to get ahead of myself. I was thinking S, M, T, W, Th, Fr- (Friday doesn't count until midnight) but I am working on 6 days vino free-o right?

Hm. Kinda dark here- more coffee....
            March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
            May 29: back to day 1
            June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

Hi LTLW - yip you're on day 6 and well done on that! I think you'll find that everyone makes comments about their local weather - it's nice to hear what's happening in everyone's part of the world, despite the fact it might appear boring to others! Kind of like Waiting for Godot - our seemingly trivial banter is interspersed with lots of thought-provoking musings! :-)

Have you found the drink tracker on this site (I can't recall exactly where it is) but you can log your af days on there; it's good to see the days mount up.

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

blondie;1477896 wrote:

Have you found the drink tracker on this site (I can't recall exactly where it is) but you can log your af days on there; it's good to see the days mount up.
                Hey Blondie- thanks for the confirmation- I do remember the drink tracker- good suggestion. I am going to the kitchen to make quiche for tonight, so I won't be in there tonight alone and start thinking about vino.

I know 0 degrees doesn't sound cold to some folks, but after living in the West Indies for years this weather really takes some getting used to. I know it is for the best. The lifestyle is much healthier here. I know so many people down there who are pretty much drunk most of the time. Business people, educators, merchants... moms .. dads... even teenagers. Kinda weird to think about, but it is true. I am better off with cold toes and fingers I think!

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

Mornin all..and how are things pre weekend? all ready n rarin to go?Excellent ..ready for a sensational salubrious sober Saturday n Sunday?Well lets get frivolous Friday away first..make sure it aint fraught with fear of al

Tea and coffee on the go.At the gym yesterday again...another 50 pool lengths ...trouble is it aint losing weight ..its building muscle ..allegedly!!
                  Managed to mail order epsom salts yesterday.Most supermarkets and stores I founddo sell it .....but its packaged under different names like relaxing salts, couple of brand names etc...which seems to give licence to bump the price right up.200gms ranges from?1.29-?2.34 depending on where you look...and yet I bought 2kg mail order for ?5.80 Pretty good mark up there!!!!
                  Right enough of this shilly shally...on wi the show!!!

MAE tt......how are you today?you walked straight into that one with the wandering mind!!!! Soon as I saw it ..I thought that the cartoon was yours!!!!!Apologies its not gift wrapped!!!Well its raining over here today...but dont let that fool you ..its really really nice warm rain Sat,rain Sun showers, Mon Tues snow..plants dont know whether they are coming or going!!!

LTLW ....goed morgen..hoe gaat het?Yes this is day 6 for you really well done..you should be well chuffed with yourself..keep at it ..Stay away from Amstel!!Where are you in Holland?When we were stationed in Germany, used to cross the border coming home at Venlo, go to the market at Enschede, and as all good British soldiers did ..visit Rotterdam and Amsterdam!!!(even remember the pub names from Amsterdam!!)Also had good friends in Groningen and did the Nijmegen and Zoest? marches a couple of times..Anyway moving on..the drinktracker is on the first page with all the threads..its at the bottom.Well worth doing..I did it for at least my first 3 months and felt a great sense of satisfaction of putting that little zero in every night and clicking the box yellow.For me it was an extra thing to look at if I felt like a drink..well worth doing

Hiya Kuya the mermaid..and how are you today? know youre pushing the boat out with graft , but dont forget the "me" time too!!So chuffed things ar getting better for you..as for the weight..its now turnig back to muscle properly..especially left side.im actually left handed and was always stronger on hat side ,but I lost a lot of that when it went pearshaped so Im gaining it back now.As for the statins..this is only a week I have been off them ,but I feel brill..ok I get down like everyone else , but no more shit moods, or serious aches Seems really early in the process to feel like this ,dont know,so maybe there is a bit of psychological in there too .would be interested to hear of anyone else going through the same..or am I a one off and unique..(there you go mate thats your feeder line fror the insults !!)
                  Seriously glad things r looking better for you

Hiya tigerlilly ...and welcome to you..how come everyone who runs marathons drinks wine ? is it rocket fuel or summat??I would say the best measure to gauge whether you have a problem or not is to ask yourself If you think you have ,then I would go with that instinct..never mind what the figures say you can safely have..that differs from country to country...dont forget the newbies nest and the toolbox ..theres a wealth of info there..just tell Byrdie we sent you!!! but welcome anyway

Morning Lav ...and how are you today?do we need some more tlc or are you on the mend?Heres one big hot cawfee for you.Nope wasnt looking for a freebie, but if you happen to see..... You still got snow over there?you can have our next week share too if you want!!Have a great kid free? day

Morning ppqp ....one coffee straight away ma'am and how are you today?How did you get on with the building inspector or whatever he is?Is he anything to do with the gardens?
                  If you need any tips on crapology let me know ..spent years using it on senior managers..and then years listening to it as a senior manager!!!Its great fun :H
                  So what are you up today then? anything spectacular?

Morning SL..how are you today? still on call?Dont forget to just give yourself some time every now and then..when you are at your tiredest and lowest, thats when al will try and jump in with the ok Ill just have the one to make me sleep/chill ..after all you have had a hectic time you deserve a drink scenario, :l

Aha one of the McGinty twins peeked in..how areyiz Satzy??Still grafting in the workhouse while yer mate is sunning it up..A full fridge for Paddys day eh? Ill be over.it would be my ma s birthday on 17th too,but she died 2yrs ago today..always knew there was oirish in our family...and there is!!
                  So what are you up to now?Keep nipping in to have a natter every now and then into the army..the one who seems to be there most is the mad jock skool teecher!!
                  Anyway have a great day

Speaking o mad Jocks..you awright Rabsy? Yep Franks poem went well!!:H you out bimbling this weekend?

Oh hello free. .and how are you today?Glad youre ok ...stick with the green tea and peppermint..those feeling are just as you say..cravings ,they go.Stick with it.

Hiya Cat ..and how are you today? just reading your post...clearing the yard and pruning the lemon trees..sounds really strange..only way I can grow citrus is in the conservatory with lots of looking after and yet you are growing them for fun!!!Last year had an orange tree which failed miserably!!!Must be honest you sound a lot chirpier in your posts...now why would that be??you have a great day

Morning YAH...hows you today? Never done a hardwood floor but would imagine it takes a lot of time and patience.Stick with it ..we need to see the finished article!!

Hiya BHOG ...and welcome Im just a beginner here so dont know you , but you are very welcome .Do you notice a change in the forums .or is it virtually the same with new faces in it

hi Mr G...and how are you today? did you give those slicks some hammer??Sounds dead casual..yep just go fro a swim in the bay!!! have a good one mate

Hiya blondie....and how are you?Might be a quiet Ides of March for you..this guy didnt think it was too smart!!!

[/URL]

and speaking of others ..I dont bloody believe it!!!

[/URL]

have a great day everyone

why its great to be a woman

Free dinners.
                  * You can cry without pretending there?s something in your contact.
                  * Speeding ticket? What?s that?
                  * You actually get extra points for sitting on your butt, watching sports.
                  * If you?re a lousy athlete, you don?t have to question your worth as a human being.
                  * A new lipstick gives you a whole new lease on life.
                  * In high school, you never had to walk down the hall with your binder strategically positioned.
                  * If you have to be home in time for Ally McBeal, you can say so, out loud.
                  * If you?re not making enough money, you can blame the glass ceiling.
                  * If you?re not very attractive, you can fool ?em with makeup.
                  * If you use self-tanner, it doesn?t necessarily mean you?re a big loser.
                  * You could possibly live your whole life without ever taking a group shower.
                  * Brad Pitt.
                  * You don?t have to fart to amuse yourself.
                  * You?ll never have to decide where to hide your nose-hair clippers.
                  * When you take off your shoes, nobody passes out.
                  * If the person you?re dating is much better at something than you are, you don?t have to break up with him.
                  * If you think the person your dating really likes you, you don?t have to break up with him.
                  * If you don?t shave, no one will know.
                  * If you?re dumb, some people will find it cute.
                  * You don?t have to memorize Caddyshack or Fletch to fit in.
                  * You can dress yourself.
                  * Your hair is yours to keep.
                  * If you ARE bald, people will think you did it on purpose, and you?re really chic.
                  * You don?t have to pretend to like cigars.
                  * You?ll never have to blow 2 months salary on anything.
                  * If you marry someone 20 years younger, you know you look like an idiot.
                  * You?re rarely compelled to scream at the TV.
                  * You and your friends don?t have to get totally wasted in order to share your feelings.
                  * If you pick up the check once in a while, that?s plenty.
                  * Sitting and watching people is all the entertainment you need.
                  * Your friend won?t think you?re weird when you ask if there?s spinach in your teeth.
                  * When you get a million catalogues in the mail, it?s a good thing.
                  * Sometimes, chocolate truly can solve all your problems.
                  * If you?re under 6′, you don?t have to lie about it.
                  * You?ll never regret piercing your ears.
                  * You can fully assess someone just by looking at his or her shoes.
                  * You?ll never discover you?ve been fooled by a Wonderbra.
                  * You don?t have hair on your back.
                  * If anything on your body isn?t as big as it should be, you can get implants.
                  * You can tell which glass was yours by the lipstick mark.
                  * If you have big ears, no one has to know.
                  * You can be attracted to someone just because they?re really funny.
                  * You can borrow your spouse?s clothes and it doesn?t mean you belong on Jerry Springer.

what chance have we men got????

A company, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hires a new CEO. This new boss is determined to rid the company of all slackers. This guy is really going to show that he was a good investment by the company.
                  One day, on a tour of the facilities, the CEO notices a guy leaning on a wall. The room is full of workers and he wants to let them know he means business!
                  The CEO walks up to the guy and asks, ?And how much money do you make a week??
                  A little surprised, the young fellow looks at him and replies, ?I make $300.00 a week. Why??
                  The CEO then hands the guy $1,200 in cash and screams, ?Here?s four weeks pay, now GET OUT and don?t come back!?
                  Feeling pretty good about his first firing, the CEO looks around the room and asks, ?Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-off did here??
                  With a sheepish grin, one of the other workers mutters, ?Pizza delivery guy from Domino?s.?

A guy goes to the Post Office to apply for a job.
                  The interviewer asks him, ?Have you been in the service??
                  ?Yes,? he says. ?I was in the armed forces for three years.?
                  The interviewer says, ?That will give you extra points toward employment? and then asks, ?Are you disabled in any way??
                  The guy says, ?Yes, 100%. A mortar round exploded near me and blew my testicles off.?
                  The interviewer tells the guy, ?OK, I can hire you right now. The hours are from 8:00 AM till 5:00 PM. You can start tomorrow. Come in at 10:00 AM?
                  The guy is puzzled and says, ?If the hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Then why do you want me to come in at 10:00 AM??
                  ?This is a government job?, the interviewer says. ?For the first two hours we stand around scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that.?

A guy walked into the local welfare office to pick up his check. He marched straight up to the counter and said, ? Hi. You know, I just HATE drawing welfare.
                  I?d really rather have a job.?
                  The social worker behind the counter said, ?Your timing is excellent. We just got a job opening from a very wealthy old man who wants a chauffeur and bodyguard for his beautiful daughter.
                  You?ll have to drive around in his Mercedes, and he?ll supply all of your clothes. Because of the long hours, meals will be provided.
                  You?ll be expected to escort the daughter on her overseas holiday trips and you will have to satisfy her s*xual urges.
                  You?ll be provided a two-bedroom apartment above the garage. The salary is $200,000 a year.?
                  The guy, wide-eyed, said, ?You?re bull$#!ttin? me!?
                  The social worker said, ?Yeah, well? you started it?.

Little Johnny was sitting on a park bench munching on one candy bar after another.
                  After the 6th one, a man on the bench across from him said, ?Son, you know eating all that candy isn?t good for you. It will give you acne, rot your teeth, and make you fat.?
                  Little Johnny replied, ?My grandfather lived to be 107 years old.?
                  The man asked, ?Did your grandfather eat 6 candy bars at a time??
                  Little Johnny answered, ?No, he minded his own F&$%ING business.?

Two guys are playing golf. The women in front of them are really taking their time and are slowing the men up.
                  So one man says to his friend, ?I?m gonna go ask those ladies if we can play through.?
                  He starts walking, but about halfway there, he turns around. When he gets back, his friend asks what happened.
                  He replies, ?One of those women is my wife, and the other is my mistress. Why don?t you go talk to them??
                  So the second man starts to walk over. He gets halfway there and turns around.
                  When he gets back, his friend asks, ?Now what happened??
                  To this he replies, ?Small world.?

Bill Gates is hanging out with the chairman of General Motors.
                  ?If automotive technology had kept pace with computer technology over the past few decades,? boasts Gates, ?You would now be driving a V-32 instead of a V-8, and it would have a speed of 10,000 miles per hour. Or, you could have an economy car that weighs 30 pounds and gets a thousand miles with a gallon of gas. In either case, the sticker price of a new car would be less than $50.?
                  In response to all this goading, the GM chairman replies, ?Yes, but would you really want to drive a car that crashes four times a day?
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

MAE Abbers, my plans are REALLY not working out so I thought I would check in tonight.

TT ..... The cold draughty housing was a shock when we came over, although the beautiful old villas are stunning. Modern housing is so , well.......modern, bloody Lego houses. My house was built in the seventies, lots of cedar joinery and masses of glass. The property is very sheltered so don't really suffer much weather.

Mick.....tis bloody annoying when the weight loss stalls as muscle builds. I had four weeks when nothing changed except inches, but now it is shifting. Joined the gym today, a different one that is also 24/7 but this one allows 14 year olds to join and come anytime as long as accompanied so I can go with my daughter sometimes.

Hi to all to come, have a super sober Friday

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

Mick;1477927 wrote:

LTLW ....goed morgen..hoe gaat het?Yes this is day 6 for you really well done..you should be well chuffed with yourself..keep at it ..Stay away from Amstel!!Where are you in Holland?When we were stationed in Germany, used to cross the border coming home at Venlo, go to the market at Enschede, and as all good British soldiers did ..visit Rotterdam and Amsterdam!!!(even remember the pub names from Amsterdam!!)Also had good friends in Groningen and did the Nijmegen and Zoest? marches a couple of times..Anyway moving on..the drinktracker is on the first page with all the threads..its at the bottom.Well worth doing..I did it for at least my first 3 months and felt a great sense of satisfaction of putting that little zero in every night and clicking the box yellow.For me it was an extra thing to look at if I felt like a drink..well worth doing
                      Ik moet Nederlands leren. Ik heb de les maar het is een moeilijk taal.
                      We zijn in Den Haag in een prachtig en rustig buurt.
                      That is about all I can muster at this stage. I am trying.... I am guess you were here during the war? I find it so strange that there are so few Jews here. It's really weird. When I am in the US I live in NY- anyhow... it is weird for me. There is a big Jewish cemetary I visit sometimes- not to be morbid.... Just for a little visit... I have yet to visit a synagogue...

Anyhow- must go bake zee pie shell for zee quiche!

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

hahahah.....

Micks... omg what is WRONG with me?! u couldn't have been here during the war... stop laughing!

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

LTLW ...the war??? that was 1939-45..how old do you think I am??? :H:H

nope between 1975 and 86 spent 7 ish years in Germany.as for the Jewish issue..they suffered the same fate as the people in Germany ...after all it is only a hop skip and jump over the border.So youn live in a quiet area of the Hague..thats the Parliamentary capital as opposed to Amsterdam isnt it?

have a great day

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

learningtolovewinter;1477967 wrote: Micks... omg what is WRONG with me?! u couldn't have been here during the war... stop laughing!
                            this is why it's good this site is anonymous- when I say stupid things I don't run into u at the grocery store!! hahaha!

Comment

af day Friday 15 March

Mick;1477968 wrote: LTLW ...the war??? that was 1939-45..how old do you think I am??? :H:H

nope between 1975 and 86 spent 7 ish years in Germany.as for the Jewish issue..they suffered the same fate as the people in Germany ...after all it is only a hop skip and jump over the border.So youn live in a quiet area of the Hague..thats the Parliamentary capital as opposed to Amsterdam isnt it?

have a great day
                              omg... don't ask... sometimes I am just an idiot! However, I take great pleasure in laughing at myself so - inadvertently I thank u very much for making me laugh this morning!! (No, I am not blonde- but it would handy to use as an excuse!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X