af day Saturday 16 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Saturday 16 March

MAE - I need Dad's Army here for all the tasks I have to do except I want them done - not stuffed up!
    Reading the jokes from yesterday (our time) this am - another lovely day and the daughter's woodland b/day party.
    LLTW - you remind me of wee bits of myself (although I have never made a Blonde remark and I have a good understanding of history - kind of part of the day job).
    Its really important to get that meal prepared and eaten early in the evening - that has made such a difference to helping me through my danger hour (I don't think they eat as late in Northern Europe as in other places like eg Spain) - forget the pre-dinner nibbles cos that goes with drinkies; forget the long slow prep and cooking cos that goes with sloshing wine in the kitchen; forget anything stressful associated with cooking - if you can't be stuffed get takeaways/raid the instant meals at the supermarket. I had other wee tricks as well - making sure there is a wee 'treat' to eat later in the evening; having some bubbly water/diet drink/iced lemon water while I cook - lots of it esp when its hot; having a really good decafe coffee (yes it can be done) after the meal; having something planned to do after dinner whether work or play - just as long as I am not 'lingering' because lingering for me meant drinking...
    I also lived for many years in a hot tropical island culture where there were many people (esp expats) drank as a hobby around the clock l - lots of reasons and I could bore you all with an academic paper on this but won't. Hey I have also lived in den Hague but not long enough to learn any Dutch. I recall somewhat boring food and a few escapes over to France...
    Anyway - my girl hang on in there and I can see that you see that you are going through a lot at the moment - settling in to new place, frigging cold weather (and I recall the grey skies in den Hague that depressed me) and the major life change - leaving the booze behind in the Caribbean! And even if you go back (which I do to the island place I used to live in) you can do it sober and you see and learn lots of new fun things.

So after that Saturday morning ramble - sorry guys - I have to make the birthday cake and the samosas. Made the filling last night so now its the dough, rolling, folding and frying. Samosas are fiddly little buggers to make.
    Mick - today you are on roll call duties as well as setting out breakfast. He will say I am a bossy boots and probably post another joke like yesterday (haha) - bloody hell, I am feeding the bloke the starter lines now!
    Take care Lavande (enjoy your girls), Blondie, PPQP, Guitair, Kuya, SL, SF, Catbuddy, YahYah and all you other superb soberites - catch you all later or tomorow!

af day Saturday 16 March

Right then TT...bossy woman? ok then give us a clue ....

this..........

[/URL]

or this...... :H:H:H

[/URL]
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

well Mick, your photos are making me right homesick! the ones of your garden started it - the hills are only Britian - then the ones on "yesterdays" thread, now the old bag with her stokings round her ankles - just like Nora Batty!!
      TT - yup, you leave yourself wide open.
      Well, its not Saturday yet, school isn't even out on Friday - so getting out of my future and back to TT's past!!!
      see youse all laters......
      tata for now, Saturday will come soon enough - stepping my toes into tomorrow is really weird...
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

all I can say is that I think my breath is wasted in giving Mick a lecture on Feminism 101! But I did wonder where he found that picture of me in the long black boots from. It was only taken a few years ago! Didm't know it was in the public domain.

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

Treetops- I just wrote u this nice thank u for being empathetic reply and lost it. Poof, out into the universe.

I must apologize for the blonde joke, if I offended anyone.
          However, if you check the 'how to be politically incorrect' guidebook there is a clause about redhead being permitted to make blonde jokes, and vice-versus. Its around page 325 me thinks.

ugh. weather is slightly warmer but grey grey grey.

and treetops- you are so right, i am in a bit of a weird stage, but for the better.
          it is much nicer to have a conversation with someone and not think 'are u maybe drunk, gosh I hope so....' I am SURE they sometimes wondered the same about me.
          the worst thing now is we have lost two doggies in 6 months. i have lost too many pets in the last two years. (not lost- but gone to done to doggie & kitty heaven).
          anyhow- must walk to two remaining little soldiers. more later....
          March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
          May 29: back to day 1
          June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

Morning all....yeh yeh afternoon and evening too...how are we all today then?wow pretty long thread yesterday......but a good laugh too!!not impressed tho ..I have to work at making jokes ....ltlw ..your a a natural !!!!:H So how are we for tis salubriously sober Saturday start then?

Tea coffee and lemon water readily available (fasting day)

Right orf we jolly well go

Morning ltlw...its an early morning call from yer war relic!! how are you this morning?Well done on day 6..now on 7 .Thats the best way to do it..one day at a time...you will get to the point where it all just becomes natural..No one is offended on here by the wa so theree is no need to apologise ..sheeit if that was the case ..I wouldnt be able to speak forsaying sorry...just relax, enjoy yourself , get into the banter and have fun while on the journey..thats what its all about.Dont have cats and dogs now, to in the past had both..now got 2 rescue rabbits , who are so spoilt its unreal!!

Morning KY...ha that gave you a wee chuckle yesterday didnt it?how are you today mate?How come things aint working out that well?:l You know where I am mate

Morning Lav ..and how are you today? did the grandchildren come over yesterday?More to the point hows the sinuses and the headaches today?did you do as ordered and stick you nose in a curry ?Never mind the curry heres a big cawfee..hope it helps

Morning Yah,
            out the door ,
            to fix a floor
            time for a "hi "
            and now its goodbye
            not bad for silly o clock in the morning! how are things with you ? T ake it you are working this weekend on your house?

Morning ppqp ..and how are you today? suspect you havent been to your show yet so enjoy it, have a great time.Definitely its working for me not having those statins..moods and everything. wouldnt chuck the urban dictionary out just yet.....riday night is always curry night for us..even when I was drinking it was.Home made curry..lot less calories than the bought stuff and just as if not more tasty!

hiya SL..you can come out now its not back to the future anymore.how are you today?another hfm for you too excellent..you asked how do I know when its the weekend? Easy ...madam is not at work, has a lie in , moi makes countless brews and takes her brekkie in bed!!! So you feel homesick at times do you? let you into a secret ...so do I attmes ..and its just up the road!!Good idea you and ltlw going for the 30 dayer together Personally I would use the drinktracker too.Think you got that a wee bit wrong about Paddys day..think a lot of Americans claim Irish through descent or some other sort of lateral ancestry.Its strange though..you see on Paddys day ,and St Andrews day, people all over the world celebrating, but not so many on St Georges or St Davids days, apart form mainly the expats in Spain etc wonder why? anway, have a great day.

Mornin Mr G ...and how is one today?Whats the weekend got in store for you ? anything doing? whatever it is ..have a great one mate.

Hiya free fly..glad you are doing so well on here ...keep it up .How are you today ? any plans Just noticed ....another blonde (oh yes and a pretend blond..ltlw !!! :H)
            What is it hat attracts blondes to this thread? is it the charm wit ,sophistication and sheer class...or just we are all as mad as a box o frogs? know whre my money lies!!!

hiya Rabsy how are you today then neeb? teaching bin lids today then off on a race ? best o luck wi the race ..cant say much about the bin lids ..and the cottage (ing) :H

Morning SF ..and how are you today? wow you hae had a varied career ..working at a radio station too...dont go much on green eggs..and certainly not green beer!!!!So how are you getting along? you managing ok?Fingers crossed for you

Affers tt..leavivg the best till last! (ish) and how are you today? Yep your lectures on feminiism are wasted ..I defo know the difference between m and fm ..and it not just all about addy on bits too :H So thats you in the top pic is it?ok if you didnt know guess my last job..the cuffs are standard hiatt pattern cuff ratchet type with key and pin locking facility..!!! hows that for sad

right my fine friends tis time for moi to depart..as per usual wont be here early doors..so there you go ltlw ..our newest thread starter a chance to et your name ln lights!!!

take care and have a great day all

Womens bumper stickers

?So many men, so few who can afford me.?
            ?Coffee, chocolate, men ? some things are just better rich.?
            ?Don?t treat me any differently than you would the Queen.?
            ?Guys have feelings too, But ? who cares??
            ?And your point is??
            ?Next mood swing: 6 minutes.?
            ?If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.?

Two women friends had gone out for a Girls Night Out, and had been decidedly over-enthusiastic on the cocktails. Incredibly drunk and walking home they suddenly realized they both needed to pee. They were very near a graveyard and one of them suggested they do their business behind a headstone or something. The first woman had nothing to wipe with so she took off her panties, used them and threw them away. Her friend however was wearing an expensive underwear set and didn?t want to ruin hers, but was lucky enough to salvage a large ribbon from a wreath that was on a grave and proceeded to wipe herself with it. After finishing, they made their way home.
            The next day the first woman?s husband phones the other husband and said, ?These damn girls nights out have got to stop. My wife came home last night without her panties.? ?That?s nothing,? said the other. ?Mine came back with a sympathy card stuck between the cheeks of her butt that said, ?From all of us at the Fire Station, Well never forget you!?

Why did God create men? Because vibrators can?t mow the lawn.
            Madonna
            All men are not homeless, but some men are home less than others.
            Henry Youngman
            To attract men, I wear a perfume called ?New Car Interior?.
            Rita Rudner
            This guy says, ?I?m perfect for you, because I?m a cross between a macho and a sensitive man.?
            I said, ?Oh, a gay trucker??
            Judy Tenuta
            Women speak because they wish to speak, whereas a man speaks only when driven to speech by something outside himself ? like, for instance, he can?t find any clean socks.
            Jean Kerr
            Women now have choices. They can be married, not married, have a job, not have a job, be married with children, unmarried with children. Men have the same choice we?ve always had: work or prison.
            Tim Allen
            I love men, even though they?re lying, cheating scumbags.
            Gwyneth Paltrow

After having dug to a depth of 10 yards last year, New York scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.
            Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, California scientists dug to a depth of 20 yards, and shortly after, headlines in the LA Times newspaper read: ?California archaeologists have found traces of 200 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers.?
            One week later, ?The Express News?, a local newspaper in Texas reported the following:
            After digging as deep as 30 yards in corn fields near College Station, Texas A&M University, Bubba Joe Johnson, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago? Texas had already gone wireless!

Grandmas letter
            She is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car.
            She writes:
            Dear Grand-daughter,
            The other day I went up to our local Christian book store and saw a Honk if you love Jesus bumper sticker. I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting.
            So, I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.
            Boy, am I glad I did, what an uplifting experience that followed.
            I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good he is, and I didn?t notice that the light had changed.
            It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn?t honked, I?d never have noticed.
            I found that lots of people love Jesus!
            While I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy, and then he leaned out of his window and screamed,
            ? For the love of God! ?
            ? Go! Go! Go! Jesus Christ, GO!?
            What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus!
            Everyone started honking!
            I just leaned out my window and started waving and smiling at all those loving people.
            I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love!
            There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a sunny beach.
            I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air.
            I asked my young teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant.
            He said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something.
            Well, I have never met anyone from Hawaii, so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign right back.
            My grandson burst out laughing.
            Why even he was enjoying this religious experience!!
            A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me.
            I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed.
            So, I waved at all my brothers and sisters grinning, and drove on through the intersection.
            I noticed that I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again and felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared.
            So I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away.
            Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!!
            Will write again soon,
            Love, Grandma

A wife asks her husband, ?Honey, if I died, would you re-marry??
            After a considerable period of grieving, I guess I would. We all need companionship.?
            ?If I died and you re-married,? the wife asks, ?would she live in this house??
            ?We?ve spent a lot of money getting this house just the way we want
            it. I?m not going to get rid of my house. I guess she would.?
            ?If I died and you re-married, and she lived in this house,? the wife asks, ?would she sleep in our bed??
            ?Well, the bed is brand new, and it cost us $2,000. It?s going to
            last a long time, so I guess she would.?
            ?If I died and you re-married, and she lived in this house and slept in our bed, would she use my golf clubs??
            ?Oh, no,? the husband replies. ?She?s left-handed.?
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

mae abbers
              TT - how did the party go?
              Mick - having just finished a vindaloo, I can categorically state that it clears the sinuses without having to dook ones heid in it :H I saw your diet on TV - sounds interesting and obivously works for you. Well done! And great on the statins - I was on everything too till I stopped drinking (funny how it was all traced back to al) but I think I may still have high cholesterol.

LTLW - sorry about your doggies (I think we all understood you hadn't left them tied up outside some bar somewhere ) I can empathise - can still bring a tear or two to my eye when I think about mine! Did yours travel from the WIndies?

Hi SL - you could start a lucrative career as a fortune teller with our help with your forays into tomorrow.:H

OK - it's late (for me!) so hi to everyone and shall see you all tomorrow...
              :hiya:

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for asking - sinuses are clearing slowly without the help of curry or antibiotics
                My youngest grandson is dealing with double ear infections & is on a new antibiotic as of yesterday, poor kid. YB stopped in to show us all how sick he is too :H He sees the doc later today.

The skies are overcast with the promise of rain or snow to come later, oh well.
                I have plenty to do inside to keep me out of trouble.
                Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

MAE ALL....

TT...thanks for the kickoff and you got to be careful about who's taking your picture. Never know where it'll end up :H Those boots reminded me of my twin sisters stint in London England. The woodland b/day party should be starting soon, if there's any left over samosas, I've got me hand up.

SL...scary in the future isn't it! Had to look up Nora Batty Wikipedia: Although Compo was already seriously ill, according to Truly and Clegg, it was the sight of Nora Batty in chorus girl clothes that finished him off Should have known it was a BBC Sitcom.

LTLW
                  ...I'm glad your "weird stage" is for the better. (Mine was too.) So you're a redhead are you? Sorry to hear about your doggies, they are a part of the family aren't they. Enjoy your walk with the other two soldiers.

Mick
                  ...thanks for the coffee. Got a million things going through my mind ATM, always the way when I organize something, won't relax till it's done and dusted. No hunger pains with all the curry talk, don't like it. Hope the weather isn't too cold for your out and about tomorrow.

Blondie
                  ...when I must see my doctor the first question is always any alcohol? It's great to be able to honestly answer no, but it's amazing how many ailments are directly linked to it. Hope you're getting a peaceful sleep.

Lav
                  ...hope everyone starts healing soon. Ear infections can be a tough one to get through. You feel so helpless. Good to see you got that positive attitude, the weather can so affect our moods IMHO.

Off to get my second cuppa. Going to pop into work on my way down for my Dad visit. We weren't able to setup yesterday, the room was being used, so going to just supervise the catering staff. Don't want any surprises tonight. Have a great AF Saturday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

enjoy your dad visit and the show ppqp

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

hi guys,up for a warm weekend in vegas it was 87 yesterday supposed to be the same today and tomorrow,i hate st.paddys day here a bigger excuse to drink than new years! they got all kinds of events all over town,im staying home avoid the mess,have a great weekend everybody
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

Good Morning All!
                        Well, my two oldest granddaughters were over for dinner and good times last night. The oldest (14) is a real comedian, she had DW and I splitting our sides with laughter over dinner. Afterwards, the 10 yr old and I worked on her model rocket.
                        And to think, if I had kept on my drunken path, I would not have them in my life.
                        BHOG
                        BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

Hi all - day 7 marching along nicely! Agreed LTLW and FF???
                          Sun is out here today, still on call thou - girls still in bed, they were tired this week. Have bacon (turkey as oldest won't eat pig), corn and cheese cornbread muffins in oven, maybe the smell will get them up.
                          Youngest went out with her dad for supper last night - she came home upset. she needed some one on one time as her sister has got a ton of attention after getting her haircut, but he spent most of the night on his phone:upset::upset:
                          Ok - back to grindstone, happy sober sat all - think I am staying out of the future as I don't want weekend to pass too quickly - hey! maybe I can go there during week and weekend will come sooner, and live in present and weekend will last longer?????
                          Staying away from all St Paddys high jinks for sure.

PS - Mick I tried drink tracker, but it was hard as I had to log in and log out ......is there easier way? I have my own tracker on my calendar....and it does help.
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

Had a special day in London on Kryia yoga meditation day. I saw the saddest thing at lunchtime though when I went for a coffee. A guy came and stood outside the window and was just looking at me. He was 'gone' and drinking a bottle of beer. I couldn?t hear what the lady with me was saying as I was so drawn to him. He was talking and making all sorts of faces at me. It made me so sad seeing the utter damage alcohol had done to this man. At one point he was looking into space and then a tear fell from each eye. Damn near broke my heart. I went out to see him on my way back and gave him some money. I knew it would probably go on booze but I just wanted to reach out to him. He then started breaking down and told me his father had just been killed in a car crash . Said he was so depressed. I asked if he could get to a shelter but he said they?re all full. He wanted more money. Said he didn?t normally drink, only ate out of the bins. Said he needed to get to his mum?s and wanted me to go and ask my friends for more money. I feel bad now because I didn?t give him more money, and guilty because I doubted his story. In the afternoon when we sent out healing I thought of him but couldn?t help crying on the way home for him and all the sadness and wasted lives alcohol causes. Don?t think the lady I was with could understand why I was so affected by him as she said, you don?t live in London do you. If you did, you wouldn?t notice them. They?re everywhere and you just don?t seem them after a while. Sorry for the downer, just saying.
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Saturday 16 March

x-post SL - yep agreed
                              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                              X