AF 18 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF 18 March

Well, I guess I will start the thread. Must be a busy Monday for everyone!

Kinda hard to believe, but I am looking at day 8 today (right, right... doesn't count until midnight). It is good though. I am up early again, just after sunrise- more like my normal self. I had been sleeping until almost mid-day since we moved to Europe and it just throws me off entirely. No real plans today except looking forward to spring, blocking wine out of my mind, and I think I better get my butt to my studio. I was there Saturday for a few hours, but it was so cold and I couldn't get it to warm up. This week the temperature is at least a tiny bit warmer. These days it has been impossible for me to be out of the house very long. I know, I know 32F is nothing for most people, but I am just chilled to the bone.

Enough complaining. Good Monday to all!
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

AF 18 March

mae everyone, how are you all...frosty outside here today...where I was yesterday it was snowed out and yet driving home the sun was out and not a drop of it!

Tea and coffee on the go again ..as well as lemon juice ..getting quite a wee taste for that!!!

goede morgen en goed gedaan....that on 2 counts ltlw...on your thread start this morning..as you posted it up ,I was playing about reading the posts !and secondly on your day 8...week number 2 now ..thats brill keep it up...sounds like your weather is pretty much the same as over here..anyway you have a great day .

Morning Lav, and how are you today?Catch up on your work ..or is that ongoing?What is it today? kid free zone and the classes or off to see your "other house " later? anyway you can have this coffee before you go.have a great day

Hiya ky..hows things with you today?Any improvement on the poorly teenager?Business still doing ok for you? hope so ...nocturnal swimming still on the go or is it too cold now? weighed myself this morning ..11st 11...aching tho!
    have a good evening

TT morning to you ..hows things today with youu ? when you list it all down like that sounds like you have been pretty busy...
    As for mouldy toast....think laterally..the guy was bringing in built penicillin in case you got sick!!:H

you really do seem to have got your head round life without drinking ..well done

Evening blondie ...and how has your day been ?think the Sunday papers routine is pretty much past its sell by now..think most of us watch or read the news on line.Remember it well when I was younger (note the younger) back homeused to be a mad rush to read the Broons and Oor Wullie in the Sunday Post!! yep agree with you cheese pie sounds good to me too!!!

Hiya Freefly..well how did the party go?enjoy it?Got to be honest ...certainly love my food nowadays..bit of a bummer when you are trying to lose a few? pounds!

Morning Cat...wow take it steady..dont burn yourself out...get some you time in How come you started the week so angry?what brought that on?not resally my business so Ill butt out ..all I would say is think it through..this week aint ever going to exist again ..bit pointless to arse it all up..Sounds like your deep clean and spending has put you back on the road...hope so ..hmmm you smell nice

morning SL...well done you ..second week..excellent stuff.Chees n onion pie sounds lovely..shop not far from us make all their own stuff like that..have been kn own to nip in on the odd occasion for a taster!!

Morning ppqp ..sounds like all went well for you at the weekend..as for the voddy..wouldnt bother too much about that one in the slightest..point is you made the right decision ..and to be honest at this stage thats what its all about...slapping the cravings down when they occassionally appear as opposed rto being the norm..so welldone ..and one big coffee

:applaud:

Morning SF...dont you just love that when ping it goes off into the middle of nowhere? Glad you are njoyiin your holiday..and no al either excellent ...see you can do it!!! have a great time

Right folks cest moi orf we jolly well go ..have a great day /evening

I recently turned 65 and had to choose a new primary care physician for my Medicare program. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing ?fairly well? for my age. A little concerned about that comment, I couldn?t resist asking him, ?Do you think I will live to be 80??
    He asked: ?Do you smoke tobacco or drink alcoholic beverages??
    ?Oh no,? I replied. ?I don?t do drugs, either.?
    ?Do you have many friends and entertain frequently??
    I said, ?No, I usually stay home and keep to myself.?
    ?Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs??
    I said, ?No, my other doctor said that all red meat is unhealthy!?
    ?Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling??
    ?No, I don?t,? I said.
    ?Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of s*x??
    ?No,? I said. ?I don?t do any of those things.?
    He looked at me and said, ?Then why do you care??

Supposedly, these are actual advertisements that have appeared in papers across the country.
    Lost: small apricot poodle. Reward. Neutered. Like one of the family.
    A superb and inexpensive restaurant. Fine food expertly served by waitresses in appetizing forms.
    Dinner Special ? Turkey $2.35; Chicken or Beef $2.25; Children $2.00.
    For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers.
    Four-poster bed, 101 years old. Perfect for antique lover.
    Now is your chance to have your ears pierced and get an extra pair to take home, too.
    Wanted: 50 girls for stripping machine operators in factory.
    Wanted: Unmarried girls to pick fresh fruit and produce at night.
    We do not tear your clothing with machinery. We do it carefully by hand.
    For Sale ? Eight puppies from a German Shepperd and an Alaskan Hussy.
    Great Dames for sale.
    Have several very old dresses from grandmother in beautiful condition.
    Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it.
    Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children.
    Vacation Special: have your home exterminated.
    If you think you?ve seen everything in Paris, visit the Pere Lachasis Cemetery. It boasts such immortals as Moliere, Jean de la Fontain, and Chopin.
    Mt. Kilimanjaro, the breathtaking backdrop for the Serena Lodge. Swim in the lovely pool while you drink it all in.
    The hotel has bowling alleys, tennis courts, comfortable beds, and other athletic facilities.
    Toaster: A gift that every member of the family appreciates. Automatically burns toast.
    Sheer stockings. Designed for fancy dress, but so serviceable that lots of women wear nothing else.
    Stock up and save. Limit: one.
    We build bodies that last a lifetime.
    For Rent: 6-room hated apartment.
    Man, honest. Will take anything.
    Wanted: chambermaid in rectory. Love in, $200 a month. References required.
    Man wanted to work in dynamite factory. Must be willing to travel.
    UsedCars: Why go elsewhere to be cheated? Come here first!

A judge grew tired of seeing the same town drunk in front of his bench. One day the judge glared down at the man, who was still intoxicated, and thundered ?It is the sentence of this court that you be taken from here to a place of execution and there hanged by the neck until DEAD.?
    The drunk promptly fainted.
    The court bailiff commenced to reviving the man, and looked up at the judge, at which time the judge shrugged and responded ?I?ve always wanted to do that.?

A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.
    ?You?ll get your chance in court.? said the Desk Sergeant.
    ?No, no, no!? said the man.
    ?I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I?ve been trying to do that for years!?

A police officer pulls over an elderly female for speeding while driving her husband to a doctors appointment. The officer approaches the vehicle and attempts to explain that he stopped her for speeding.
    She looks at her husband and asks, ?What did he say??
    The husband replies, ?He said he stopped you for speeding.?
    The officer asked the elderly female for her driver?s license and she turned and asked her husband, ?What did he say?
    The husband replies, ?he wants to see your driver?s license.?
    The women hands the officer her license and he sees that she is from his old home town. The officer tells the couple that he remembered the town because he had the worst s*xual experience of his life there.
    The women looks at her husband and asked, ?What did he say??
    The husband replies, ?He says he knows you.?

A blonde woman is walking down the street, with her blouse open.
    A cop is approaching from about a block away, thinking, ?Boy, my eyes must be going, it looks like that woman?s right boob is hanging out.?
    As he gets closer it becomes apparent that it ?IS? hanging out. When he gets face to face with her he says, ?Ma?am, are you aware that I could cite you for indecent exposure??
    She says, ?Why, officer??
    ?Well, your boob is hanging out.?
    She looks down and says ?OMIGOD, I left the baby on the bus!?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF 18 March

Quick hello and nighty night here - I am not off to sleep yet but winding down. Have some decafe coffee if folk want it.

Great start to the week TTLW and Mick - hope others follow in the same spirit (oops bad word to use on MWO!)

Catch you tomorrow!

Comment

AF 18 March

MAE Abbers......thanks for the start winter. Day 8, keep it up just plugging away.

Hi Mick.....still swimming but it's getting cooler. Now I am hoping for an Indian summer. Some years I have swam til the first week in may, others not after the beginning of April. Had to do some repairs over the weekend so the heating has been off and will need a few warm days to get the temp back up.

Busy day .....daughter off school sick but she is OK for tomorrow.

I am aching too Mick, joined the gym Friday and been 3 days.....jeez I am sore but feeling good. Starting to gain muscle again though but I am not going to worry bout it cos I feel great.

Cat .....you sound stressed, school should not be this pressured, it is madness. I don't think it is like that here, is it TT?

Hi to all to come.....be good

KY

Comment

AF 18 March

Good morning Abbers!

Overcast skies ~ boring looking out there, yuck.
          Spring arrivies on Wednesday so things better clear up soon

Trying to get myself back into my routine. This lingering cough is totally annoying, had me up in the middle of the night, bummer. I'm heading out to Curves later anyway & pretend I'm better!

Greetings to LTLW, Mick, blondie, TT, Kuya, Cat, PQ, SF, SL & everyone!
          Wishing a great AF Monday for one & all. Only 8 days to go until my 4 year AF anni

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF 18 March

MAE ALL...

LTLW...thanks for kicking us off. May have missed a post or two but what do you do at your studio? Isn't it great when you get your sleeping sorted? One week done and dusted on to the next. Good Job!

Mick...thanks for the coffee, can sure use it this morning. Managed to have a stress free sleep and feel good about making the right decision, so things looking up again this morning. Yup the cravings gone but it sure was unexpected. Think it was a combination of reward thinking for the dinner show and stress relief as the Garden Guru changed a bunch of dates, which had me hussling to book rooms, and then on Saturday changed them all back! I will be having a word with him today.

TT
            ...think I'll stick with the high test this morning, but thanks for the offer. My book sure helped me wind down last night. Hope you too have a peaceful sleep.

KY
            ...I feel sore all over just listening to you and Mick. Maybe with the onset of warmer weather I'll get back to thinking about getting more active. I can see myself walking back and forth to the community garden this May, so something to concentrate on for the future.

Startig my day in the right frame of mind, second cuppa for the joke reading, and plan on dealing with one thing at a time at work. Have a great AF Monday all and all to come....PPQP

X-Post :hallo: Lav...wow countdown to 4 years. Impressed.com here.

Comment

AF 18 March

Morning - sitting with my cuppa (tea with milk - only way to start my day) - off call at last, boy that was a week and a half, I am pooped!
              Not much to say today, just checking in....have a good day all:l:l
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF 18 March

Evening LTLW, Mick, KY, TT, Lav, PPQ, SL et al

Party was sweet thanks Mick and they announced they?re getting married (at 70!). I enjoyed coffee and sandwiches

Great start to the week with at least 3 hours of sunshine here today, yay! Back at fitness training tonight after snow and downpours put paid to it last week. I began this training in January as part of my plan to remain sober and tonight on the run test I officially went from ?very unfit? when I started to ?unfit?. Result! :H

Hope everyone?s enjoying a great day
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

AF 18 March

Well,, good 18th, everyone, I feel like I have been running since I got out of bed this morning! haven't stopped yet. Fortunately, it was a good, safe, DRY weekend!
                  BHOG
                  BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

AF 18 March

Night, all. It's been a grueling day. I am going to tell myself again and again it will not always be this hard. I'm just exhausted.

I saw a doctor today who thinks I have sleep apnea (which would explain my exhaustion). I am going to a sleep clinic on Friday night. I wonder if the techs would laugh if I bring a stuffed animal that smells of my son. I think it would help me sleep while I'm hooked up to wires from head to toe.

Cat
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X