af day Tuesday 19 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tuesday 19 March

MAE all. Got the ?real? coffee made and had my tea ages ago. Hope all is well out there with you busy people.

SL ? glad you have a breather. Helps with keeping off the booze!

LTLW ? can we have a squeak as to what the studio is for? Today will be another AF day for you. Each week AF brings new bonuses but that?s not saying its a doddle. Takes lots of guts and commitment to be sober but you are in great company here. Just look to Lavande ? almost 4 years.

Cat ? hope you had a bit of a break too. Ready for the new week. Try to breathe this time! You deserve it ? in bucketsful. My week started off with my laptop almost dying ? she?s in Machospital at the moment.:upset:

Kuya ? have you got the wetsuit and thermals ready for your mermaid escapades? It was cold and wet here yesterday ? I even wore knee length boots (Mick ? calm down!). School can be pretty stressful esp at senior high school with all the projects, tests, assessments etc. We have never pushed the girl ? and I put limits on the number of extra-school activities when she was younger. Kids need relaxing quiet time. That really suited her too.

Lavande ? hope the cold/throat disappears with spring and I am really looking forward to your 4 year anniversary soon.

Mick ? keep the sun out for me. How?s the garden?

PPQP ? glad you did not succumb to the Voddy curse. It may be marketed as ?pure?, ?clean?, - that?s just a ploy to get knock it back straight - or ?sophisticated? ? and then hidden in a million different cocktails but its still poison. Also with the cocktails ? take out the vodka and think ?would I really want to drink that muck?? Take away the martini glasses and replace them with plastic cups (the soft plastic that falls over and crinkles. The kind I hope you don?t serve at the functions you organise). You know all of this for sure! Yeah, I like to use my imagination when it comes to anti-booze talk-back.

Gidday Blondie ? you will be up soon I guess. I still get the Sunday paper (there is just one where I live) altho its is crap. But I like the feel of paper. I often draft ideas on paper too.

Where are all the other sober human beings that usually post here? Hope you are all well and save and sane. Have a great booze-less Tuesday.

af day Tuesday 19 March

mae all ,and how are we today?Not tooo many people on the thead yesterday so guess there was quite a lot of work getting done!Watching the news yesterday..this cyprus bank bail out seems to have upset quite a few nationalities...what a rip off to subsidise the national dbt you have to pay a one off fee of 10%...at least in the good old days robbers wore masks..nowadays they wear suits!!!
    In the pool again yesterday ..did 60 lengths non stop which I was quite pleased with , starting to get my strength back a bit..weight has also dropped to 11st 9 this morning, so not too far to go now

tea and coffee on the go for anyone..soon be back to toast too !! :H

Morning Cat...how are you today?any better? when you are tired and exhausted ..thats your body saying hang on ..give us a break I aint getting enough rest..so maybe it is a sleeping issue.As for the teddy ..I would take whatever that helped along with me..think of it this way..its a pill less!!!Hope today is better for you and it gets sorted quick

Morning Freefly how are you today?gettin married at 70 good fro them ..and why not..How did your gym session go ? I said to myself that I wouldnt go today...but now I am already making plans on how to get my work done rapid to get there!! Again well done on binning the booze and aiming towards the fit market

Hiya SL...well if youre not on call reckon you will be putting ome of those hours back into you time!!Dont know what you do, but I can recall that being on call used to mess my life up a bit...especially drinking..though I only did it once..I remember going to a prospective life threatening situation with about a quarter of vodka in me!!Not recommended.Anyway you have a great day and do something for you

Hiya ppqp ..and how are you this morning ? one cuppa for you .Glad you got a decent kip..tell the garden guru if he dont stop messing you about with dates..then you will plant him! take it all renovation/building work is now completed?Are you going to put up some pics of the finished article for us? you have a great day

Morning Lav...and how are you today?hows the cough? getting any better? well heres a coffee to help.Whats the weather like with you today? any chance of getting out in it or are you kid watching today? very frosty over here but bright and sunny,so will let the rabbits wreak havoc in the garden !!
    Got al etter today to say that I have got to contact the hosp to make an appointment so Ill do that later..somewhere when it doesnt clash with holidays :H:H

Evening Ky ..hows you today? daughter back at school today or is it tomorrow? keep losing time with you upside downers!!:H
    Yep got a few aches this morning ..but its strange...feel chuffed ..now if I had the same aches sitting about doing nothing..wouldnt be a happy bunny Hows Nursie settling down? taking any of the eight off your shoulders?
    You have a great evening my mate :l

Best till last Hi tt ..hows you today? Yep suns out over here looks like it will be a lovely day..not so sure about further north..they reckon it is going to snow really heavy.

My mate showed me this the other day on you tube .. pretty good

we didn't own an I pad type that into your browser ..should come up with a youtube film

..all about stuff in the 80s..just makes you realise how quick time passes

take care n have a great day

Believe it or not, the following announcements actually appeared in various church bulletins.
    Don?t let worry kill you ? let the church help.
    Thursday night ? Potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
    Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
    For those of you who have children and don?t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
    The rosebud on the alter this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
    This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
    Tuesday at 4:00 PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
    Wednesday the ladies liturgy will meet. Mrs. Johnson will sing ?Put me in my little bed? accompanied by the pastor.
    Thursday at 5:00 PM there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All ladies wishing to be ?Little Mothers? will meet with the Pastor in his study.
    This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come foreward and lay an egg on the alter.
    The service will close with ?Little Drops of Water.? One of the ladies will start quietly and the rest of the congregation will join in.
    Next Sunday a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet will come foreward and do so.
    The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday.
    A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
    At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be ?What is Hell?? Come early and listen to our choir practice.

These are supposedly actual signs that have appeared at various locations.
    Found written on the wall in front of a photocopier of a company going through hardships : ? DOUBLE YOUR PLEASURE ? XEROX YOUR PAYCHECKS ?
    At a car dealership in Maryland to announce new seat belt legislation: ?Belt your family. It?s the law.?
    Seen while traveling in the Yucatan Peninsula: ?Broken English spoken perfectly?
    At an Applebee?s restaraunt: ?NOTICE: AFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY! A new 6% tax will be charged for the cost of collecting taxes!?
    Fitness Center sign: ?Self Esteem is feeling good about yourself ? regardless of the facts.?
    In restaurant: ?Open seven days a week and weekends.?
    On the freeway in Boston during a MAJOR transformation of the streets and bridges, etc: ?Rome wasn?t built in a day. If it was we would have hired their contractor.?
    A sign in front of an advertising agency in south superhighway, Philippines: ?A BUSINESS WITH NO SIGN IS A SIGN OF NO BUSINESS?
    A sign in front of a Macadamia Nut Factory in Hawaii: ?Caution: Nuts crossing road.?

Wife got up early to make breakfast.Suddenly I heard a loud noise form the kitchen so I ran downstairs to find her lying unconscious on the floor.I panicked and didnt know what to do.....
    Then suddenly remembered McDonalds served breakfast till half ten

A man?s driving happily along in his car when he?s pulled over by the police.
    The policeman approaches him and asks ?Have you been drinking Sir??
    ?Why?? asks the man, ?have I got a fat chick in my car??

The room was full of pregnant women and their partners. The Lamaze class was in full swing. The instructor was teaching the women how to breathe properly, and informing the men how to give the necessary assurances at this stage of the plan.
    ?Ladies, exercise is good for you,? announced the teacher.
    ?Walking is especially beneficial. And, gentlemen, it wouldnt hurt you to take the time to go walking with your partner!
    ?The room was very quiet. Finally, a man in the middle of the group raised his hand.
    ?Yes?? asked the instructor.
    ?Is it all right if she carries a golf bag while we walk??

Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
    If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
    If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
    If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
    If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
    If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
    If you are depressed, it doesn?t matter which number you press. No one will answer.
    If you are delusional and occasionally hallucinate, please be aware that the thing you are holding on the side of your head is alive and about to bite off your ear.

A teacher asks her students to discuss what their dads do for a living. Little Mary raises her hand first and says, ?My dad?s a lawyer for the government. He puts the bad guys in jail.?
    Little Jack goes next: ?My dad?s a doctor. He makes sick people better.?
    All the kids in the class take their turn except Little Walter.
    The teacher asks him, ?What does your dad do??
    Walter replies, ?My dad?s dead.?
    ?I?m sorry to hear that. What did he do before he died??
    ?He turned blue and shit on the living room carpet.?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

I see TTLW started another thread for today. I am too tired to respond but she might need some help!

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

Just responded TT,

Hi to all.....TT it is still on off weather wise here .......fine days forecast ahead, but not too warm though.

Mick I had a day off and ate curry tonight....amazing how quickly you get into a new habit......got gym bunnyitis already......I am such an addict bout everything :H
        The new nurse is doing fine and we are making new plans. All will be fine in the end.

Cat.....was just reading about the sleep apnea.....wierd, have always associated it with overweight people, drinkers and smokers.

Lav ....have you any plans for your four year celly......family dinner or the like??? I know my kids will be planning a party for my year.......they have been very supportive. My younger son is mentioning his intention to reduce his weed smoking and I know this is a direct result of my abstinence. Lead by example, as they say. .

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

i got confused for a minute with two threads,my sleeping pattern is a mess,i went from 6 hrs down to 5 i hate insomnia! you guys have a great day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

Mick, it is worth it getting on here every day for my laugh and your jokes!
            Thanks for the good morning chuckles...and I think I hae been in one or tow of those churches!
            BHOG
            BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

MAE all!

Just checking in. One month sober yesterday. Yay. Once you're used to not drinking, those days just add up. It's hard to believe it was already a month from my brief fall from grace.

I won't be able to get up to the house this weekend, which is frustrating, but I have some commitments I made that necessitate my being here this weekend. I just want to get the house done, dammit! I must say, it is looking considerably better though.

Almost 4 years, Lav? Absolutely stellar! It is something to aspire to.

Anyway, I'm thinking of all of you.

Hugs,
              :l
              YahYah
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

MAE all - well done YAH, back in the saddle!
                Getting ready to celebrate with you Lav, as always thank you for sticking around and showing us the way, and that it can be done.
                Back in offcie today - I did sleep last night, now feel really tired - can survive on little sleep, but when I start to get it back I feel really sleepy. Mick, I am in nursing, and have the honor of working with organ donors (see the effects of drinking in so many ways, both in the donors and in those waiting for livers - you would think it would teach me a lesson!!).
                Rain predicted for tomorrow, then back to the sun - trying to work out something fun to do this weekend - spend last weekend with homework and work stuff, so need some sun. Hopefully the girls don't have too much homework - it is a bit crazy, my 14 year old have very little down time and I don't think that is good
                Cat - hopefully you get the sleep thing sorted - that woudl be a huge help.
                Ok, back to work - will check in later - have a good day all.
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

Quick AF check in. Yesterday I actually felt like a 'normal' person I realise in hindsight as alcohol didn't really cross my mind. Tonight a little harder as I became emotionally stressed over something and saw my immediate reaction was to want to run to the shop so I could push those feelings down. Resisted and now taking chamomile tea to bed. A small victory Night all.
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

Good evening Abbers!

First chance I've had to check in here.
                    I've been with my grandson & daughter-in-law at the hospital. Poor little guy is sick & very dehydrated. He's been receiving IV fluids for about 24 hrs but is still very cranky & uncomfortable. This all started with ear infections, now his lungs are involved.
                    I've run home long enough to take care of all our animals & try to restore my wits just a little.

I have no big plans for a real life anni party ~ just something nice here I think

Wishing everyone a comfy night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

MAE ALL....

Really late check in for me. Pretty stressed these days, seem to be in an angry mood, but thankfully not thinking of AL.

TT...I like your anti-booze talk and I'm also glad I didn't succumb.

Mick...nope the new office isn't finished yet. Everything going gung ho and now I haven't seen a contractor for 2 days. But will post a pic when it's done. Came home to find an $8,000.00 cheque in the mail from a land deal I had protected with caveats. Still in shock...youngest son and I went out and bought a couch. Angry mood starting to dissipate. :H

LTLW...:l sorry I wasn't here for you, been dealing with some shitty feelings myself. When I feel like that I don't want to post. Feel like I'm on the pitty pot and have nothing to offer. I'm so glad you posted as I stayed away for awhile after my "decision to slip". No-ones doing any kicking except maybe TT to get us going in the morning. I'm going back to read the rest of your posts yesterday but please stay close and feel free to kick me if you find me MIA.

KY...glad to hear things are going your way for a change.

Pauly...yup I hate it when my sleep is all screwed up. Not the first time we've had two thread starts, think I was responsible for one too.

BHOG
                      ...welcome aboard, know you've posted before but haven't had a chance to say hi. I think we get a lot of "joke readers" I know it makes my day.

YahYah
                      ...:yay:...they do just keep adding up don't they and what a feeling when you realise just how many days you've got. For me it meant I wasn't thinking about AL all the time.

SL
                      ...wow almost 30 days, and you sound so positive. Some lessons are hard to learn, but look at all the study buddies you have. Hope you find that fun this weekend, I think it's much deserved.

FF
                      ...you might be right about "normal" as I don't think the "normies" ever think about AL. It was a real eye opener for my brother when I talk about making plans and they all had to revolve around the availability of AL. It just doesn't cross their mind. And as for the chamomile tea...a HUGE victory.

Lav
                      ...thanks for popping in. So sorry to hear things have gotten worse for the little guy but now maybe they can get it sorted. No sense in telling you to take care of yourself, you're doing a mighty fine job of that. I think a nice anni celebration at home with everyone sounds perfect. Hoping for a quick recovery. :l

Putting all my work responsibilites out of my mind tonight, steak, baked potato and mushrooms for din din and an early evening. This time I'm reading for pleasure. Have a peaceful sleep everyone heading in that direction....PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

Well, that was aheck of a drive home - just like old times! I drive just over 80 miles to my office, so a long time to think - and all the way I was compiling lists of what i needed (didn't need in reality!!) so i could stop at the grocery store - I had so many urgent needs! And I worked out which store I was going to - I was all set and decieving myself so well - somehow I talked myself into turning right instead of left and am home now - rushed to log on and see my support system. I don't feel as if I was outright craving, just a desire for a glass of wine.....I even have to pick up daughter from her violin pratcie at 7pm, so drinking would be so stupid on so many levels!! Arghhh - went back a few months in my mind...so dang close, so fed up....:upset::upset::upset:

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

:yay::yay::yay:

SL...I took the "right" instead of the "left" and made it. So PROUD of you....PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

Ha - thanks PPQP.
                            I think I may know why - I didn't have snacks in my car - I got in and have had a little snack feast and am feeling fine. I really need to loose my Christmas pounds and have tried to get rid of the baddies, and didn't put protien bars in my car to replace the gummy bears.

So.....better now - and had a quick read.
                            So sorry for your mood PPQP - I hope the $$$$ helps you a bit?? Read something light and fun.
                            Lav, one of my nurses just went thru the same with her 4year old - he had a cold and ended up on a drip for a while, needed IV antibiotics too - little scary at that age! Luckily the wee ones manage to bounce back once set straight, so hopefully he will be ok.
                            FF - that makes it a great day - no AL thoughts, bliss huh?
                            OK, off to get my girls from her violin practice, hopefully no drama - the big show is Thursday night, so on teh home straight now..tata!

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

mae abbers

Quick zoom through as I try to work out what to pack, dump or give away. It all looks like junk, but lots of it is needed!

Well done SL on taking the right road (or the high road!!) I too find I need "something" as a treat/substitute though have been doing well the last few days.

PPQ - I must've jinxed you with saying you're always happy :H Be thankful you don't have to listen to this all day -
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM[/video]]The Laughing Policeman - Charles Jolly / Penrose - YouTube

Hi TT - well, just hi!!

Lav - sorry to hear about the grandson - hope all's well soon.
                              Mick - the scottish torpedo! When do you reach goal weight? You might not be keen on swimming off Perth...
                              Beaches open after 100 sharks spotted off Trigg Point | Perth Now

Kuya - super congrats on your 200 days. You sound super strong in your new lifestyle.
                              Yah - super to see you and congrats on one month!

Hi to BHOG, PW, FF, Catbudy... clunk, clunk ... brain's come to a standstill...:H

Comment

Working...
                              X