Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Thursday 21 March

MAE all
    Looks like MWO site crashed for the last 18 hours or so. I was not able to access it at all - how did others go?
    I felt concerned for others who might be depending on it for support especially those in crisis. I wonder if the MWO people have this kind of situation covered - they should have because its so critical.
    I did a Google to see if there was any news about MWO posted on another link but couldn't find anything.
    Anyway I am fine sober-wise but I have an awful cold/virus - of course I do because I am going on along haul flight next week! Or is it to feel in solidarity with Lavande?
    I look forward to a roll call to make sure we are all OK - maybe someone will start a 20 March thread but I cant as that would be bad luck!

Very busy day ahead for me - can't take any time off work today.

af day Thursday 21 March

Yes, I was just able to access the site after trying all morning. All is well here.

MAE, all!

Nothing new here; still sober.

I hope your cold gets better before you have to fly, TT. That is always a real pain in the neck.

Hugs,
    :l
    YahYah
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

I wondered what had happened! Oh well, looking forward to Friday coming, so I will sign in here and pretend that its not really Wednesday at 11:30, but really Thursday and look forward to the weekend getting here so soon!
      Rainy day here today....back in office, have emergency protein bars in glove box for drive home...will check in later....if I can???
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Hey Treetops & Youngatheart... it is still Wednesday by me.
        I see I am not the only one who had trouble getting on the site. I did fine today though.
        Still had a terrible headache most of the day. So strange, not sure if it is possible I had a headache from Monday's wine?
        Anyhow, I have my Dutch lesson tonight so I gotta run.
        I calculated this morning I have managed 17 AF days for the month of March. That is rather positive I would say, right? Gotta keep at it and spend more time here to establish strategies for myself. I was thinking this morning I need to print out some strategies and put them in my purse for emergency situations. Anyhow... off I go to class.
        March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
        May 29: back to day 1
        June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

sounds like you are on the right track LTLW - keep at it.:goodjob:
          headache is probably from withdrawal from AL - the actual wine would have passed through your body - but there are heaps of other reasons for headaches too of course (I am not a medical dr but the other kind of dr)

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

hi everyone...wow thought my computer was goosed...seems like the whole system was down..thankfully didnt have to order a new window!!!:hateputer:

hope eveyone is ok....see you all in the morning :goodjob:
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

:hallo: everyone. Very happy MWO back up and running - missed my morning peek at the boards.

SL - really well done on that drive. I so know that feeling and how easy it would have been to succumb, especially 80 km! :goodjob:

LTLW - On an early quit I got headaches for about 5 days straight with phantom hangovers which were a little weird - just body detoxing. Oh, and great job on 17 days.

All well here. Just to say thanks all for the kind words and support. I read all posts and enjoy seeing what everyone's up to but still being a bit selfish on this quit. Don't feel much to contribute, just containing myself and protecting my quit.
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

It's still Wednesday here in Utahhhhh. Oh well.
                Have a great whatever day it is, people!
                Stay strong!
                BHOG
                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Hey BHOG, ooops, still Wednesday here too. What does BHOG stand for btw?
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

MAE Abbers.......lovely day here, feeling very positive.

FF.....good to see you protecting yourself......being chatty is not how we feel at the start, just be soft and kind to yourself.

Hi Yah..... Plan still working here, another week and I will feel a little more confident :new: :H:H

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Just checking in as I too could not get on today...

Mick...glad you didn't have to replace that window :H:H

Meeting tonight so will see you in the morning....PPQP

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

It's Wednesday here too.

Winter, good on you for seeing the positives that you are accomplishing.

Kuya!

Comon' BHOG, fess up on your name, or I'll have to share.

Hey Mick, SL and all!

FreeFall, protect your quit however you must. Sometimes, I don't feel like saying much either.

Where's Lav? Hey Cat, how're you?

I'm glad hump day is over. I will actually be at home this weekend. That will be unique. LOL

More hugs,
                        :l
                        YahYah

Duh, PPQP. Almost left you out. My alias is strainer brain.......
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

YoungAtHeart;1480619 wrote: Duh, PPQP. Almost left you out. My alias is strainer brain.......
                          :H:H I don't think we have an SB on the thread yet so feel free to phantom post. :H

Surveyor hat on....off to measure garden/skating rink perimeters....PPQP

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Wednesday evening here!

My grandson remains hospitalized but he did appear a bit better this afternoon

I didn't have time to check in here this morning so I didn't know the site was offline. It's happened a few times over the years but someone always gets it fixed, thank goodness.

6 days until I throw myself a party here ~ everyone is invited
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Greeting FABbers....that was sure a rough patch there while the site was offline. It made me appreciate just how much all of you mean to me!

Lav....I am so sorry to hear that your grandbaby is ailing...:l I'm sending a triple dose of PPPPPPPs your way. I am also preparing a virtual cake for your BIG partay....no calories...but it's packed with gratitude and a heaping helping of Lavanattitude!

Det...glad to see your last post....I've been missing out on chat and other board doings because of my schedule and other hizha....so it's nice to be able to lurk and learn that life is going better for you these days.

Hugs to everyone..... and wishes for all for...

More garlic. More Gratitude!

More Cowbell.

uh huh.

xoxoxoxo
                              Sober for the Revolution!
                              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X