af day Saturday 23 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Saturday 23 March

Morning all - at least it is morning here but still dark and its 7am! Soon we will be turning the clocks back by an hour so that helps a bit.

Kuya- Glad you are finding the quitting fags easier than the booze. Maybe it helps that smoking is such a no-no now and very uncool. I have yet to see attractive stands of fag boxes in the fruit and vege section and doubt that I will on my lifetime! But I suspect its also because of your Kuya-ite resolve to stop.

Mick - is the weight loss and fitness for health or beauty or both? Sounds like you have a plan that works for you and you are being sensible. Will all add to a great summer as well if you are fit and healthy.

(just as a personal aside - I have always wondered why people weigh themselves daily because many peeps, esp pre- menopausal women, have huge daily fluctuations in weight because of fluid retention and hormones. I was a daily scales jumper in a former life and it only led me to grief and eating disorders. Talk about destroying homes - my food disorders caused more pain to loved ones than my boozing did. In fact I think the food deception set in train for me destructive patterns that later worked for AL abuse).

TTLW, Mick, FF and the rest of you Abbers up there in the North! Stop the Snow! I am dreading the cold that I will hit in the UK in a week's time. Bring on the butterflies and spring things.

Lavande - what a week for you and your grandson. Hope he is home for the weekend and you get some relaxing time.

Pauly - we know all about hayfever over here. I have lived with people who got it real bad and altho they were on anti-histamines its still soooo tiring and can make you a No. 1 grouch. AL does not help as you know - it may mask the symptoms but ultimately it all goes in the mix.

Det - great to see you zooming around on the boards again!

Catbuddy - well soon you will be hooked up for your sleep test. We are all intrigued to know what this is like. How the hell do you sleep in all of that?

SL - hope you are gearing up for the weekend and keeping the positive feedback going. You can do this and you can do the trip back to Jockland AF.

SF - great that you had a break too. Hope the weekend is still fun.

Blondie - pizza sounds yum. I did vege burgers (from a packet) and my own spicy cubed potatoes last night. Also made my daughter a lemon cake - yes, the guilts are setting in for me about going away soon. I love travelling and the break from being a domestic goddess but I hate being separated from my girl and G. Esp the girl. Sorry this rant is all about me.

PPQP - are you getting any time off from your busy work this weekend? Any AA meetings coming up? Is AA helpful to you?

YahYah - well done on keeping to your quit. You know the drill and trip-ups and tricks for old players!

BHOG - don't know much about your circumstances but hi there. I see you are in Utah. How bad is AL abuse in that state? Can you get lots of help for quitting booze?

FF - keep on with your resolve and say NO NO NO. "I don't drink that scummy liquid poison anymore."

Any news from Patrice and Teezah? I enjoyed their input but they have gone quiet of late.

I had better run away before the hyperboles and mixed metaphors take over. Its now daylight here - a sort of misty grey day so far but in NZ the weather can change really really quickly.
    Super sober silly Saturday to all!

af day Saturday 23 March

within an hour of posting today's thread it was clear blue skies and now its lovely and warm outside. I have to work on a paper inside instead but daughter and I might have a wee walk later.
    See if the weather can change for the better so can we all!

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

It was great getting away....but, I am glad to be home. Glad I have two days to recover from vacation. I tried to eat as healthy as possible on vacation....but, we were driving 10 hours today and only made fast food stops. I feel awful and can't sleep. Can't imagine how I would feel now if I had drank

TT...hope you got outside. They are calling for rain the next two days....which is fine by me. It will keep me home and resting.....and detoxing that awful food I ate!

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

I have no idea why this popped in my head....I think at the end of AL ads they should have to say all the things they say at the end pharmaceutical commercials.....can cause "bloating, blurred vision, vomiting, weight gain, dizziness, severe headaches, moodiness, violent reactions, depression, thoughts of suicide, don't drive or use heavy equipment until you know how this drug reacts with your system....sometimes the use of this can be fatal".

OK....my sense of humor is still intact.

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

SF - that made me laugh! Yes it can be a bugger getting good food when driving long distances and with kids.
          Daughter and I did have a short walk and chatted about TV drama series - which was kind of fun. She wants me to buy some punk/goth type stuff when I am in the UK but keeps getting on to fetish type sites! Oh dear - I hope that does not provoke jokes from Mick!

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

morning all..how are you today? well all the talk of clear blue skies is making me ill!!!:H:HCant stop on long,as I have got to shift about 4ft of snow from the back and side of the drive ..likewise to see to the rabbits!!! thankfully tey are all covered up.There is a really strong wind blowing all the snow down from the tops.Temp is 0 degrees ,but they reckon with the wind chill its more like -7 !!!welcome to UK tt!!Hope all is well and everyone ok..will try and pop on later on ....meanwhile brrrrrrr!!!!!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

MAE......

hi TT......today was nice eh?.......mornings getting chillier though.
              I have had three half day attempts to quit since I quit alcohol but this time I prepared properly........just like alcohol, gotta have a plan. TBH today has been the easiest so far with a couple of fleeting thoughts. Going to the gym helps.

I hear ya on the weighing in daily TT, I am going to stop that now and make it once weekly.

Hi SF.....glad you had a nice break. I find it amazing that alcohol ads don't have to have warnings.......backhanders to governments ??????........makes you wonder.

Hi Mick......ah that snow sure makes me miss ole blighty :H:H NOT!

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

MAE fabbies!

It's nice to be here on a Saturday morning for a change. I'm off to the gym in a little bit for the first time. I have a fitness assessment on Wednesday. Groan......not looking forward to that.

I'm glad your day turned sunny, TT. I remember so envious last fall when our days were getting shorter and they were getting longer for you all in Aus and NZ. Now it's our turn. I'm glad you enjoyed your walk with your daughter and hope she finds some more appropriate goth clothing sites.

Nice to see you again, SF. I'm glad you have two days to recover from your vacation!

Afternoon, Mick! Have you gotten any shoveling done yet? I imagine you have. That's a lot of snow you've been having there! Hope the bunnies stay safe and snug.

Kuya, I'm so happy for you. When I have the urge to smoke, I try to take a few deep breaths and remember how shitty I felt before I stopped, which was pretty shitty. That helps me tremendously. I know you have the wits and the will to stay smoke- and AL-free.

Anyway, I'm off; gotta go get dressed. Will check in later.

Hugs,
                :l
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for starting us us TT!
                  Enjoy whatever nice weather you can

SF, vacation is nice but home is even better most times. Glad you had an enjoyable trip.

Mick, sorry about yuor weather, that sucks :comfused:
                  I just heard the weather folks talk about snow arriving here on the east coast by Monday, yuck.

Greetings Kuya & YahYah! My 4 year quit smoking anni is in May & I think I am finally starting to pretty much forget about the damn things. My attachment to my smokes was much, much stronger than my atttachment to AL. So glad I quit both

I had EB here overnight, he's eating cereal & playing games on my iPad.
                  I'm waiting to hear from my son & DIL about the little one still hospitalized. I really hope they send him home this weekend.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

Good morning Abbers!
                    SF- yeah that would make a nice warninng on the tag of teh AL commericials, wouldn't it? LOL
                    Off to shovel 4 inches of "spring" then to the store. Back, later All!
                    Stay strong!
                    BHOG
                    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

MAE ALL...

Quick check in today...took awhile to get the site to load!

Sent a reminder email of the meeting on Tuesday with the agenda and draft constitution attached.

Immediately got a reply from my boss saying we have to change the treasurer's responsiblility to conform to Association rules. FFS now! We've only been developing the constitution for a month where the hell has he been! Good think I already went through a "stinking thinking" period recently so this hickup at least is not making me think of AL.

So this weekend will see me rewriting parts of the constitution, editing the power point presentation, and trying to get a quorom vote on the changes before the meeting.

First things first...visit with my Dad (priority #1). And my new couch arrives tomorrow so have that to look forward to.

Promise to be more attentive with future posts, just have a lot on my mind these days.

Have a great AF Saturday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

MAE, all.

It's bright and cold here today, but will warm up. I'm thinking about gardening if I can get a nap first.

The sleep study was uncomfortable, but not painful like so many medical tests. I was hooked up to wires, which were irritating, but the canula in my nose and monitor on the finger bothered me the most. It reminded me a bit of camping - try to ignore that you have to relieve yourself because you have to call a technician in to unhook you. Glad it's over.

Brutul, brutal work environment. Not sure what I can do about that. For now, just going to get through the days and find space and joy where I can. I'm trying to figure my fatigue issues out so I have the energy to find a new job.

Lav, what happened to your grandson? Can you share?

My hot tub is fixed, and I went for a soak last night. I'm so glad I've got that back. So, a bit of joy can come from that every day!!!

Need to get my buns moving to the gym. See you later!

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

MAE all!
                          Well done Det on getting home without the vino - it is a hard one for sure.
                          Still plugging away on this rinky-dink computer that doesn't have all my short cuts.
                          SF - welcome back and well done on a huge achievement.
                          Well, I was feeling really grumpy yesterday, with no good reason, and today am feeling down in the dumps - again with no reason! Hate feeling like this, much prefer the sunnier me.
                          Jobs to get done today, the list is pretty long and hopefully fun day tomorrow.
                          Have pest people coming over monday, been finding black widows - hate spiders anyway, but these ones give me the heebie jeebies - so have to get everythig moved so they can spray all the right places. Would prefer to go for a walk, but not to be. Hope I don't find more as I move stuff:upset:
                          Ok - off to the list.
                          Cat - hope your night shines some light on things for you, then it will have been worth it.
                          TT - yep, my daughter is at that age too....
                          Ok - really off to the list. Day 14 today, am proud of it even though feeling blah!!
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

hey everyone... I am still hanging in there. Freezing cold over here... I must sound like a broken record. I made a nice apple crumb cake this afternoon, too cold to do much else. I did make it to the gym this morning and will go again in the morning. Hanging tight & wishing everyone well.
                            March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                            May 29: back to day 1
                            June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Saturday 23 March

I slept most of day away. Could not sleep last night....made up for it today.

Kuya and BHOG.....I just know when I hear the pharma ads here in the States....I think "there is no way in hell I am taking that drug". In the US pharma pays alot to the government....and why alcohol would be excused from this warning makes no sense to me. We even had an recovering alcoholic as a president!

Tobacco ads are banned from TV.....and yes, smoking is deadly.....but, I never had to worry about a DUI....from smoking too many.

In my state.....they have digital signs posting the number of highway deaths.....they start at the beginning of the year....and it is so creepy to have to watch the number go up weekly.

Cat...I have a super stressful job as well. I have been way over my budget goals....to get sat down and told....heres all the other things you need to do. As I understand.....almost all jobs are super stressful these days. I am working to put a plan B in place.

"Drink Responsibly" is my new favorite. Whether you have a problem or not....everyone knows that one drink changes you....I literally have had bosses encourage me to drink....for bonding with client purposes. Guard gets let down after one drink for almost everyone.

I am happy being a non-drinker. Warning....Miller Lite may go out of business

Comment

Working...
                              X