af day Sunday 24 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Sunday 24 March

MAE Absters! Sunday here already, tea and coffee made and its pissing down outside but as TT and Blondie know our farmers surely need the wet. Somewhat ironic that at home we are still eating fresh summer fruit from an orchard (plums, nectarines and apricots)as well as the best of the apple crop. I am lucky that at work we get an orchardist who brings in orders. Have 4 large pumpkins as well in my office!

Continuing on the weather thread (Is this site really called MWO featuring true and honest weather reports from around the globe!) let's hope Mick, that you and the bunnies are safe and warm - and that this is the last of the shovelling snow for the year.
    Lavande - did you get snow? Grandson out of the hospital yet?
    (I notice those folk in Canada mention the weather less often - you seem more resigned to the cold and snow????)
    YahYah - hope the gym was fun and rewarding.
    PPQP - another Dad visit? Sounds like you and Cat - have lots of crap and stress at work. NOw I can relate to that. This week before I fly into the blue yonder I have 'those' kind of meetings - plus a few public events where I have to be at the helm, as well as some chit-chat but work-type social events. First is tomorrow and there will be drinks but that is not a worry (unless I want to loose my self respect and my job which I don't).
    More worried about if I can find my long johns for my trip to the UK.
    Cat - did you get any sleep? How can they monitor people with all that going on? Any results yet?
    Kuya - I did a bit of 'wandering' late last night and saw how busy you are on the boards. Looks like we are in firm agreement about the pointlessness of moderation for us.
    SF - settled back in home? Keep the jokes up esp when they are at AL's expense! it gets far too much positive press and the delusional ones feed off it. My crappy old Sunday paper will arrive soon and it will be full of those evil ads as well as some expert twittering on about the health benefits of red wine (that advice should come with a free teaspoon).
    Haha - I think the Sundays are my chance to vent.

OK - Safe and sober Sunday to all - I will peek in when I am next back on screen or when I get fed up with trying to sort my clothes.

af day Sunday 24 March

morning treetops... just woke up and headed to the gym. feeling sleepy but it's all good. i ended up eating a lot of pasta last night- feel kinda full still. it is very true that if u eat u don't wanna drink. that is what i've been doing. hope i don't get start to get too fat. i think as long as i keep up the exercise it should even out, especially since there are no empty wine calories that just turn to stored fat.
    anyhow, my apple crumb cake is FANTASTICO.
    i like ur Safe and Sober Sunday theme...
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

Hi ......yeah TT, moderation would never be me. I am an all or nothing kinda girl

Had a lovely day with family, had a massage then went to the night market and ate loads of amazing food

Logged in to MWO and wished I hadn't bothered........ Honestly wonder at some people......pointless fecking dramas.

Anyhow ........ Thankfully none of this truly affects me overall......so many irritating mozzies really.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend.

KY

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

Morning all..and how are we this morning?whats going on ..what are we all up to?weather over here has calmed down a wee bit ..no more snow coming down, but still really windy,roads up here are still impassable for smaller cars.All my little plants are doing realy well inside..trouble is there is no chance of getting them out just now.. definitely going to the pool today at some point..its like withdrawal symptoms!!!

Morning tt ..and how are you today?Dont worry weather will be sorted for you coming over here As for the weight loss its for health reasons...somehow dont think it falls into the beauty bracket!!!:H

QUICK!!!!!!REWIND.....forgot the brews!!! ahermmmm Ladies n gennelmen ..tea n coffee are available

Morning KY....how you doing today mate?hows nosmo doing? (nosmo king ) :H yep you are certainly missing a treat over here!!As I type I am watching a snowplough trying to blade through further up the hill.Been gyming it today or at work?Have a great evening mate

Morning Yah...how are you doing? yep snow shovelled..wee bit more to do today.Glad to see you are back with us on a regular basis.... well done

Morning Lav...hows little one today? have they discharged him from hosp yet?hopefully all is well.Im like you ..pretty sure my cig addiction was stronger ..tho think I was a bit of a clown in both areas!!Lost count,but think its 11 years in September for me.Sitting here with a big brew watching the world going by.One of the rabbits the lop ear has just started thumping in the hutch..just to let me know its food time!!Going to make brew number 2 ...here you go too jump in n join me

Morning BHOG.......hows you today? shovelling spring too I see..hows the af trail doing with you? keep it up ..glad to have you here

Morning ppqp...well first off ..hows the new couch? take it you are sprawled all over it as we speak!Well heres a coffee ..dont spill it! hope your visit went well with your dad tooAre you surprised about the boss thingy? thats what bosses do ...one stroke of the pen and thats your bonfire well and truly pissed on!!!:H ..thats why they are there!!!

just remember......Who?s the Boss?

When the Lord made man, all the parts of the body argued over who would be boss.

The brain explained that since he controlled all the parts of the body, he should be boss. The legs argued that since they took man wherever he wanted to go, they should be boss. The stomach countered with the explanation that since he digested all the food, he should be boss. The eyes said that without them man would be helpless, so they should be boss. Then the asshole applied for the job. The other parts of the body laughed so hard at this that the asshole became mad and closed up.

After a few days?

The brain went foggy, the legs got wobbly, the stomach got ill, and the eyes got crossed and unable to see. They all conceded and made the asshole boss.

This proved that you don?t have to be a brain to be boss?

Just an Asshole.

Morning Cat ..hows things with you? yep Im thinking about gardening too..and thats as far as it goes!!!
        Jeez were do you work..in a labour camp?Get to the gym and get some of those negative vibes pounded out..then into the tub for a soak..go for it girl!!

Morning SL.firstly congrats on your 14 days...as for feeling grumpy yesterday.....were the rest of the dwarves not envious? why him? ok ok I quit!!!:H Hope you are a bit chirpier today
        So youve got the spiderman in tomorrow?hope all goes well

Goet morgen ltlw..had to laugh looking at the name you have ..then looking out of the window here....cant seem to get that to work for me..yep I will ltlw..from summer!!!!
        Now we are talking apple pie and custard yessssss ..Lovely.As for the broken record syndrome with the weather, its a grand opener..you enjoy the gym yesterday? you there today too..een geweldige dag

Morning SF...How are you this fine day?Wow your sleeping pattern seems pretty shot at the moment!!!Is it getting better?As for drinking responsibly..yep nice phrase ..rolls off the tongue well..but does it actually mean? find it hard to put a definition on responsibly..the circumstances of drinking are so varied, that it is just meaningless.Me Im quite happy to say I dont drink, then there is no grey areas..

right off out to feed the wabbits then dig the car out again..to go swimming..mad or what!!!

take care and have a great day

I got sacked as a bingo caller.Apparently "a meal for two with a hairy view is not the way to call number 69.

Paddy pulls up at a red light beside a gorgeous young woman,smiles at her and lowers his window.
        The woman smiles back and also lowers her window.
        "Ah," says Paddy, "So you farted too?

What the job ad says and what it means

Work processing skills essential
        There?s a crippling case of carpal tunnel syndrome in your future
        Salary range $24,000- $32,000

The salary is $24,000

Civil service
        This job was filled from the inside six months ago

Women and minorities encouraged
        White males need not waste the stamp to apply

Top-notch communications skills
        Telemarketing

Salary negotiable
        We?ll take the lowest bidder

Advancement opportunity
        Crappy job

Entry level
        Really a crappy job

No experience necessary
        The mother of all crap jobs

Administrative assistant:
        Crap job with a title.

Ground floor opportunity:
        Crap job with a company that will file bankruptcy within a year.

Progressive company:
        Employees get to wear jeans every other Friday.

Team player:
        Must deal with dangerously territorial co-workers with rabid personalities.

Upbeat personality:
        Must neither threaten us with any kind of lawsuit nor use the drug & alcohol rehab benefit
        within the first year.

Public relations:
        Receptionist

Professional appearance important:
        $20K/yr job that requires a $100K/yr wardrobe

Pleasant telephone manner:
        Be the voice of 1-900-HOT-TIME

Jeans job!
        Minimum wage temp job in concentration camp conditions.

Will train:
        Prior conviction of a felony or two no problem.

B.A. required, master?s preferred:
        Must be an M.A. willing to work on a B.A.?s salary

Outstanding benefits package:
        Health insurance.

Tons of variety!
        We took all the heinous tasks no other employee would do & rolled them into one job.

Beautiful offices in attractive location:
        Brand new ticky-tacky windowless building where the picture frames all match the
        carpeting.

Secretary:

Woman-only job with the responsibilities of management & wages of a migrant worker.
        Executive secretary:

The most powerful position in the company

Dedicated:

You?re looking at a minimum of 80 hours a week from now until we force you into early retirement.

Salary commensurate:
        We?ll pay you whatever the hell we feel like.

Competitive salary:
        We?ll pay you up to 10% more than your last job and not one penny more.

Competitive starting salary:
        Ten cents above minimum wage.

Pleasant atmosphere:
        A staff of pod people.

Professional atmosphere:
        Zombie pod people.

Fun, creative atmosphere:
        Pod people from hell.

Dynamic atmosphere:
        Zombie pod people from hell.

Gal Friday:
        Anyone who actually applies for this job deserves it.

Self-starter:
        Open to very broad interpretation since no one really knows what
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

Good morning Abbers

Cloudy outside but that's OK. Snow/rain mix due to arrive tomorrow morning.
          Happy to report my grandson was released from the hospital last evening. He is somewhat better but has quite a way to go. He's very weak & needs to build up his strength. He actually hasn't walked since this all started 2 weeks ago, poor little guy. His 2nd birthday is coming up April 6 so I hope we can get him back on his feet soon. Watching all this unfold has been difficult & has made me realize how lucky I was in raising my own kids. I never had to deal with anything so severe with them. Incredible that all this started with a simple ear infection.

Greetings TT, LTLW, Kuya, Mick & everyone. I hope everyone has a fantastic AF Sunday
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

MAE ALL....

TT...SSS to you too and thanks for the kickoff. I like the theme too LTLW. My Dad is in long term care and my lawyer battle involves having his "Power Of Attorney" removed. Latest development is court on March 28th. Don't hold your breath, I've heard this song before.

LTLW...recipe please, the apple crumb cake sounds delish. I love my comfort food and to hell with the weight. Taking this time in my life to be happy. And happy you are sounding.

KY...impression confirmed...can't see you moderating on anything! :H All or nothing it is! Lurked around some of the threads and felt "bugger this" then immediately thought I was there once too. But really, either you want to quit or you don't. My wanting to quit is what brought me to MWO.

Mick...appreciate the rewind, finished TT's coffee now on to yours. Love the "Boss" analogy. Do you think it would be out of place if I posted in my new office? :H
            Couch to arrive in 5 hrs and the living room has never been this clean. Find myself just smiling every time I walk through it. (Just saw you shoveling the car out on the news crikey!)

Lav
            ...glad to hear your g/son's home. I bet his recovery explodes now that he's safe and sound. Bet you won't be able to catch him come his birthday on the 6th. :H

Just finished cooking sausage, bacon, eggs and hash browns...sounded better than McDonalds but now have to face the washing up. That's ok, cause I'm just passing time waiting for the new arrival.

Have a S
            afeS
            oberS
            unday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

MAE Abbers!

I'm glad your grandson is home, Lav. That must have been scary and difficult for all of you to have the poor guy so sick. You remind me of how fortunate I have been too with my daughter. Now I hope you ALL can begin to recover. The strain on his parents and you has been tremendous.

To report in on the weather here, we're expecting 8-12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. :shocked: Our last big storm was a complete bust, though, so we'll see. It shouldn't be a big problem, in that it is spring break time around here, and whatever we do get will melt quickly.

TT, I hope all of your meetings go well. Hope you found your long johns. Will you be able to check in on your trip?

Hi, Kuya....from one all-or-nothing gal to another.

Glad your shoveling is almost done, Mick. Hope you had (or are having) a good swim.

SSS to you, too, PPQP. I'm sorry to hear about the legal battles surrounding your dad. Any breakfast left for me? Sounds yummy!

I had a great time dancing last night. It's been quite a while since I've been to our dances, and we had a great turnout. I'm glad these happy feet still remember the steps!

Anyway, off to get myself together and on with the day.

Have a happy and sober Sunday, everyone!

Hugs,
              :l
              YahYah
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

Good morning to all from the Wasatch Front!
                Weather- clear, sunny cold.
                My day to come- probably busy.
                How would I like to spend my day? Doesn't matter, I have things I need to do! LOL
                Wishing everybody a wonderful day!
                BHOG
                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

Hi and Happy Sunday all - so into week 3 now, yahoo!
                  Good to see all checking in.
                  I do not wander around the boards at all any more - just come here and that is it - I don't have the emotional strength for anything else, I am keeping all my reserve for dealing with becoming AF, my divorce and stupid ex, getting my daughter emotionally stable again, bringing up my two girls and hopefully becomng financially stable again - not to mention the craziness of work....that is more than enough for me.
                  This thread is my daily accountability and helps me to achieve my goals. One day I hope to pay back, but not now.....
                  Hope your couch fits in nicely PPQP - that will be fun, Your breakfast has me salivating too - no fry up for me, gonna lose this bluge that sits in front of me as I type.
                  Lav, so glad your young one is on the mend, and back in the safety of the home - hospitals are scary places for sure - the bugs grown now are no joke!
                  Hope all stay safe and warm in all the weathers that are being reported around the globe!
                  Well didn't get teh list finished yesterday - so off to get another cup o tea, and tehn decide what to attack next - so much fro my weekend off - Monday start a run of 17 days on call - no rest for the wicked :upset: like otehrs, work just keeps saying do more with less! There used to be 6 of us taking call - cut down to two, and my co-worker is pregnant with twins - my summer does not look pretty!!!
                  Ok, enough of teh woe is me - will check in and see which dwarf I have morphed into today - not grumpy today, but not feeling particularily happy either....bit weepy....
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

Lav...glad little un is out of hospital
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Sunday 24 March

Thanks Mick & everyone

We are lucky to have such a fine children's hospital in the area!
                      Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington | Nemours
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X