af day Tuesday 26 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tuesday 26 March

Lavande is 4 years sober today! Its officially the 26 March here. Well done Lav!:rockband:
    The fab grannie has done it! Congrats and hugs to Lady Longwood!!!:h:h

Thanks also so much Lav for continuing to be with us new Abbers on our journey. You are one of the old hands we look up to yet you still check in with our wee group - snowed in as most of us are (except Kuya, Blondie and moi). Your love for your family is loud and clear, as is your tolerance for others but your firm Lavanitude kicks arse!

Bloody hell TT, this sound like a eulogy. Which it is not. Celebrate!! Lots of silly smilies on the thread today I bet.
    Meanwhile, welcome to all of us at Lav's party and those to pop in later.
    I think Hippyman also had his 6 mths anniversary recently too - am I right? Well done Hipster!!:yay:

I had better dash and get the cake in the oven! What a great start to a Terrific Tuesday - lots of silly sobriety today.

af day Tuesday 26 March

Morning TT, and happy Tuesday Fabbers near and not so far!

Well Lav! Congratulations my friend. Thanks for everything you do around here, and thanks for just being here. We are very lucky to know you.

You are a big, shining STAR! :rockband::lilangel::clown::bling:rockon:

G bloke :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Popping into the future to say....

:h CONGRAT'S ON 4 YEARS LAV....Thank you for all you do! :h

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

CONGRATULATIONS LAV.....YOU ARE OUR STAR

Your quiet consistency is always so reassuring when my own recovery at times feels so turbulent.

Thank you for being here :h

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Lav!
          You are my sunshine......my only sunshine,
          You make me happeeeeeee, when skies are gray.
          You'll never know dearrrr, how much I love you....
          Please don't take, my sunshine away :heartsnflowers:

It's hard to express my gratitude for YOU. Thank you for all you do on this site...your tireless efforts have saved many lives, and I'm one of them. I hope there are no term limits to your service....because I'm for 4 MORE YEARS! It is a privilege to be on this journey with you. Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Lavande, how beautiful you are. Congratulations on your shining success.

We are all the richer and stronger for your presence. What greater praise - it is a gift to count you our friend.

:l:h:l:h:l:h

Cat
            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

CONGRATULATIONS LAV!!

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

CONGRATULATIONS LAV !!!!

inkele:inkele:

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

morning all...well where should we start but with the lady of Longwood...not going to say a lot....there is another thread on the general for that..all I will say is congratulations and well done...now get yourself down here for the day!!!Sod the snow!!! One big anniversary brew for you my dear

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/theconservatories.jpg/][/URL]

Tea and coffee on the go for those that want/need it

Morning Ky..how are yo today ? glad the nosmo king triggers are failing in the background...dont really need to tell you , but just be aware of those mad cravings every now and again!!Once in a blue moon you will get that wiff of fag smoke and think ..hmmm..same as al just bin it.Went to the gym yesterday..only did 40 lengths, but did 20 mins on treadmill too at 4.5 mph on a 3 degree incline..not a lot but a good start for me..as for the weather ..nuff said ..have a nice evening

morning ltlw..how are you...sounds like you are having fun posting...off into the ether it goes ..ping bye bye..as for feeling down ..yes that does happen.but that happens anyway..whether in or out of drink...best way to deal with it imo is to do a bit of exercise when you feel cheesed off..gets you going...this is from one who was regularily in that position!!!

Morning yah....damn youve spoilt my image now about the dancing!!! bales of hay , straw hats ,moonshine, gingham dresses , bib and brace!!! :upset:how are you anyway today? snow shovelling not finished yet..was stupid enough to put wifes car behind mine on the drive..and guess what..mine is the 4wd which is def needed this morning!!!
                  I agree this is a nice safe thread ,where in the main people just get on with life...but yep we all nip on the other boards to have a look and a couple of words...called nosey neighbour syndrome!!!!

Hi ppqp ...quick ..wake up .. big meet today...stretch out arm ..heres coffee..time to hand over all the jottings and workings out to someone else! how are you? now get your bum off that comfy couch!!!..er yes think we have got your snow ..post a pic of it for you later..just in case you are missing it...as for double digits so have we ...0.5!!!have a great day

Hi Det..well done you mate..3 weeks ace..something you wrote..you only get depressed when you have been drinking...might be worthwhile taking a good look at how shit you feel when you are down,your thoughts actions, the whole set.....write it all down ..here we go list man again!!! and then build a strategy round that..ok how do I stop feeling like this?...dont drink just now ..how do I stop myself drinking? do/say whatever..might help ..just an idea..but well done anyway

Hi SL..good for you.. opening gambit in the past you would have had a drink ..you didnt..now we need something to chase the pissed offness away...any hobbies? exercise? just anything to break the cycle

Morning Cat..success tada ..nice picture..whats that blue stuff ? is it called sky? Is it related to the grey and white stuff we have?got to agree ..bit wary about signig up on free sites..got stung like that in the past!!!

Right off to dig the car out...will put some jokes on after
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

MAE......

Yeah Mick.....today was a day for my first real craving.....truth is I needed to cry and since I have issues with crying it became a desire to smoke. I realised that I just wanted a distraction from feeling sad.....nicotine, food, booze .......ANYTHING but feeling sad.

My last emotional crutch has gone so I had to cry.

It will be a struggle allowing tears to replace drugs but I will do whatever it takes cos I ain't going back there.

Be good everyblubby ......laters

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Let it go KY..you need to cry ..do so..if thats your replacement so what..its what the body actually does as an inbuilt mechanism to deal with issues..its been round a lot longer than fags n booze..does you a lot less harm..and as an good jock will tell you its free to greet!!!
                      you know where I am mate :l
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for all the congrats everyone & that party thread too Mick
                        It feels good to be Lav today. I am grateful today & everyday for my freedom!

Kuya, I hope you are able to let go of what is troubling you & shed those tears.
                        It really does help to release the anxiety because we all know what happens when we let it build up.
                        Give yourself permission to cry, it's OK & actually critical to our health & welfare :l

I am going to actually drive past Longwood today Mick without stopping by. I will be spending the day with my daughter & grandaughter. They are great company & lots of fun too.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Just popping in to say congrats to Lav, you've a true gem around here
                          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

CONGRATULATIONS
                            ON 4 YEARS!

TO OUR FAB LAVANDE

:wave::wave:

You Rock!
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

MAE all!

Heartfelt Congrats, Lav. Well done, you!

I hear you on the tears, Kuya. Crying isn't the easiest thing for me, either, and learning to let yourself cry is a really positive step toward staying off the cigs and booze. Good work!

Have a good day all!

Hugs,
                              :l
                              YahYah
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X