af day Wednesday 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wednesday 27th

Morning all ..and how are things today? just lost the first part of this post so got to try and do it from memory now ..grrr!!Tea and coffee on the go for anyone that wants or needs it..me definitely!!

Hi Kuya..and how are you today? feeling any better? those moods must be transferable..I had a serious mood of pissedoffness yesterday..think a lot of it has to do with the weather and not being able to get as much done as I want to..especially planting up the garden ..got plants everywhere!!Anyway mate hope things are better today for you.

Hi Lav and how are you today?Enjoy your day with grand daughter yesterday? Any plans for today...after you have had this cuppa Ive made...now on number 2

Hi ltlw...hows you today? take it you have got the same weather over there as here?not a lot of sunshine going spare this way!!!hows the af life treating you? good I hope

Morning ppqp ..and how did the handover go yesterday? was it? when you passed on the planning stuff..lost track of time me!!..a cuppa for you too..hows the comfy sofa suiting you?

Morning Yah ..how are you ? hope alls well with you.

Wow Mrs McGinty...wot you doing in here Satzy..theres nowt to nick!!!how are yuo? might come visitin later!

Evening blondie and how are you doing? had a good day?

Mr g Good to see you ..what are you up to? just trundling along in down underland?have a great one mate

Hiya Byrdie..and welcome...hows things with you? busy busy?Nice to see you here anyway

Hi BHOG...and hows life over there in your part of the world today?all good?

Hi Caysea ..nice to see you..know you dont post regular, but nevertheless, nice to see a success story jumping in every now and again...

Hi SF..you ok? yep tell me about de cluttering!!!sold absolutely loads of what I would call crap on e-bay ..must have kept it for a reason though baffled why!!!Glad things seem to be working out a wee bit better for you keep at it.

Hi Cat..and how are you today?ok I hope.You into the garden yet ..or snowbound like moi?gets pretty annoying when there is nothing you can do

Evening TT, how are you today?Well your trip gets nearer, and I would love to say the sun gets sunnier, but alas at this momento..bring your skis!!!have a great evening whatever you are doing.

Right folks thats me..not a lot of people on here yesterday ...so there must be work getting done!!!take care and have a great day

A blonde driving a car became lost in a snowstorm. She didn’t panic however, because she remembered what her dad had once told her. “If you ever get stuck in a snowstorm, just wait for a snow plow to come by and follow it.”
    Sure enough, pretty soon a snow plow came by, and she started to follow it. She followed the plow for about forty-five minutes.
    Finally the driver of the truck got out and asked her what she was doing. And she explained that her dad had told her if she ever got stuck in a snow storm, to follow a plow.
    The driver nodded and said, “Well, I’m done with the Wal-Mart parking lot, do you want to follow me over to K-Mart now?”

Preparation for parenthood is not just a matter of reading books and decorating the nursery. Here are 12 simple tests for expectant parents to take to prepare themselves for the real-life experience of being a mother or father.
    1. Women: to prepare for maternity, put on a dressing gown and stick a beanbag chair down the front. Leave it there for 9 months. After 9 months, take out 10% of the beans.
    Men: to prepare for paternity, go to the local drug store, tip the contents of your wallet on the counter, and tell the pharmacist to help himself. Then go to the supermarket. Arrange to have your salary paid directly to their head office. Go home. Pick up the paper. Read it for the last time.
    2. Before you finally go ahead and have children, find a couple who are already parents and berate them about their methods of discipline, lack of patience, appallingly low tolerance levels, and how they have allowed their children to run riot. Suggest ways in which they might improve their child’s sleeping habits, toilet training, table manners and overall behavior. Enjoy it — it’ll be the last time in your life that you will have all the answers.
    3. To discover how the nights will feel, walk around the living room from 5pm to 10pm carrying a wet bag weighing approximately 8-12 lbs. At 10pm put the bag down, set the alarm for midnight, and go to sleep. Get up at 12 and walk around the living room again, with the bag, till 1am. Put the alarm on for 3am. As you can’t get back to sleep get up at 2am and make a drink. Go to bed at 2:45am. Get up again at 3am when the alarm goes off. Sing songs in the dark until 4am. Put the alarm on for 5am. Get up. Make breakfast. Keep this up for 5 years. Look cheerful.
    4. Can you stand the mess children make? To find out, smear peanut butter onto the sofa and jam onto the curtains. Hide a fish stick behind the stereo and leave it there all summer. Stick your fingers in the flowerbeds then rub them on the clean walls. Cover the stains with crayons. How does that look?
    5. Dressing small children is not as easy as it seems: first buy an octopus and a string bag. Attempt to put the octopus into the string bag so that none of the arms hang out. Time allowed for this: all morning.
    6. Take an egg carton. Using a pair of scissors and a pot of paint turn it into an alligator. Now take a toilet tube. Using only scotch tape and a piece of foil, turn it into a Christmas candle. Last, take a milk container, a ping pong ball, and an empty package of Cocoa Pops and make an exact replica of the Eiffel Tower. Congratulations. You have just qualified for a place on the playgroup committee.
    7. Forget the Miata and buy a Taurus. And don’t think you can leave it out in the driveway spotless and shining. Family cars don’t look like that. Buy a chocolate ice cream bar and put it in the glove compartment. Leave it there. Get a quarter. Stick it in the cassette player. Take a family-size packet of chocolate cookies. Mash them down the back seats. Run a garden rake along both sides of the car. There. Perfect.
    8. Get ready to go out. Wait outside the toilet for half an hour. Go out the front door. Come in again. Go out. Come back in. Go out again. Walk down the front path. Walk back up it. Walk down it again. Walk very slowly down the road for 5 minutes. Stop to inspect minutely every cigarette butt, piece of used chewing gum, dirty tissue and dead insect along the way. Retrace your steps. Scream that you’ve had as much as you can stand, until the neighbors come out and stare at you. Give up and go back into the house. You are now just about ready to try taking a small child for a walk.
    9. Always repeat everything you say at least five times.
    10. Go to your local supermarket. Take with you the nearest thing you can find to a pre-school child — a fully grown goat is excellent. If you intend to have more than one child, take more than one goat. Buy your week’s groceries without letting the goats out of your sight. Pay for everything the goats eat or destroy. Until you can easily accomplish this do not even contemplate having children.
    11. Hollow out a melon. Make a small hole in the side. Suspend it from the ceiling and swing it from side to side. Now get a bowl of soggy Wheeties and attempt to spoon it into the swaying melon by pretending to be an airplane. Continue until half the Wheeties are gone. Tip the rest into your lap, making sure that a lot of it falls on the floor. You are now ready to feed a 12-month-old baby.
    12. Learn the names of every character from Barney and Friends, Sesame Street and The Power Rangers. When you find yourself singing Barney’s theme song, “I love you.. You love me…” at work, you finally qualify as a parent.

An old man goes to the Wizard to ask him if he can remove a “Curse” he has been living with for the last 40 years.The Wizard says “maybe, but you will have to tell me the exact words that were used to put the curse on you.”The old man says without hesitation:
    “I now pronounce you man and wife”.

A young man called his mother and announced excitedly that he had just met the woman of his dreams. “Now what should I do?” His mother has an idea. “Why dont you send her flowers, and on the card invite her to your apartment for a home cooked meal?” He thought this was a great strategy, and a week later the woman came to dinner. His mother called the next day to see how things had gone. ” I was humiliated,” he groaned. “She insisted on washing the dishes.” ” Whats wrong with that?” asked his mother. ” We hadnt started eating yet.”

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big department store looking for a job. The manager says, “Do you have any sales experience?”
    The kid says, “Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Texas.” Well, the boss liked the kid so he gave him the job. “You start tomorrow. I’ll come down after we close and see how you did.”
    His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. “How many sales did you make today?”
    The kid says, “One.”
    The boss says, “Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?”
    The kid says, “$101,237.64.”
    The boss says, “$101,237.64? What the hell did you sell?”
    Kid says, “First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was gonna need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn’t think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Blazer.”
    The boss said, “A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and truck?”
    Kid says, “No, he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife and I said, ’Well, your weekend’s shot, you might as well go fishing.’”

Dave was the vice-president of ACME inc. One day the president, Mr. Smith called him into his office. He told Dave that they had to make some cutbacks and either Jack or Barb would have to be laid off.
    Dave looked at Mr Smith and said, “Barb is my best worker, but Jack has a wife and three kids. I don’t know who to fire.”
    “I’ll tell you what to do. Fire the first one of them who comes in to work tomorrow,” Mr. Smith replied.
    The next morning Dave waited for either Jack or Barb to show up. Barb was the first to arrive. Dave said to her, “Barb, I’ve got a problem.”
    “Really? What’s wrong?” Barb replied.
    “Well you see, I’ve got to lay you or Jack off and I don’t know what to do?”
    Barb replied, “Jack off! I’ve got a headache.”

An elderly man goes into confession and says to the priest, “Father, I’m 80 years old, married, have four kids and 11 grandchildren, and last night I had an affair. I made love to two 21 year-old girls. Both of them. Twice.”
    The priest said: “Well, my son, when was the last time you were in confession?”
    “Never Father, I’m Jewish.”
    “So then, why are you telling me?”
    “Are you kidding? I’m telling everybody!”

Ways to Annoy Your Parents

Paint your windows.
    Boil ice cream.
    Join Hell's Angels by mail.
    Redecorate your garage.
    Kidnap Cabbage Patch Kids.
    Bury your fathers car. Tell your him the dog did it.
    Challenge the neighbor kid to duel.
    Climb a sidewalk.
    Donate your brother's body to science.
    Have your cat bronzed.
    Hot wax the bottoms of your brother's dress shoes.
    Learn to type...with your toes.
    Make a quilt out of used cocktail napkins.
    Mow your carpet.
    Paint your home...day-glo orange.
    Pinstripe your driveway.
    Plant a shoe.
    Play Houdini with one of your siblings.
    Plot the overthrow of your local School Board.
    Pour instant concrete in your brothers waterbed.
    Put lighted EXIT signs on all your closets.
    Rake your carpet (to clean up the clippings.)
    Ride a loaf of bread.
    See if you really can build a small nuclear device in your basement.
    Speak in acronyms.
    Take apart all your major kitchen appliances. Mix and match the parts.
    Take your sofa for a walk.
    Turn your TV picture tube upside down.
    Wax the ceiling.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Wednesday 27th

MAE Abbers........howdy doody Mick.....thanks for the laughs......love the parent ones.

I must have passed on my mood......I was better today.......still need to let some stuff go but not so low today. Couldn't sleep last night so too tired to go to the gym or do owt today.

No real cravings to smoke today, just a moment when my son was here ( he smokes and hasn't been smoking around me for two weeks but was today ) 'twas another trigger to face down and get over. It works for me to remember it isn't ONE cigarette, just like alcohol it is a thousand. So not one puff.....cos one puff won't do anything. The similarity to quitting booze is astounding......I feel just as vulnerable sometimes........ The days pass faster though and I don't feel the urge to eat.

Goodness Cat.....you look fit, for some reason though I imagined you with long hair.....don't know why

PPQ......you are on fire these days....you sound sooooo happy ......I am so glad.

And YAH.....when are you back to normal? Is the house finished? I have been so vague with nicotine withdrawals I fear I may have missed that news :new: :H

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

Good morning Abbers & Happy Hump day

Thanks Mick, I am on my second cup of coffee
      Thanks for the party yesterday as well ~ very nice.

Greetings Kuya, glad to hear today was an improvement for you. No reason to have two bad days in a row, huh? On Quitnet they use the acronym NOPE -- not one puff ever. Absolutely true!!!!!

Geating ready for some work, a trip to Curves & watching grandsons 3-8 pm. So it will be a full day for me!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. Much needed this morning. Successful meeting last night but didn't manage to turn everything over. Did let my name stand as Director of Communication. Figured I'd hang in there for the first year as everyone would be phoning/emailing me for information anyways. Gave myself permission to have a lay in this morning so just on my first cuppa now.

KY...thanks, and you definetly sound happier today too. Isn't it funny the "levels" of "low" we can experience? Well done on facing down the trigger, I just know I can't put that much pressure on myself, so for now the fags are still in the picture.

Lav
        ...that was a great party yesterday wasn't it. Glad to hear things are getting back to normal routine for you. Enjoy your day.

Well, must put myself into 1st gear and get my day started. Will have to read the jokes when I get to work. :H Hopefully now I'll have more time and energy to keep up with the posts and respond properly. Just a reminder for all... BE YOURSELF EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

just a quick fly by..hello to all..gotta get back to work...more later I hope.
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

:hallo: BHOG....read your post on the other thread. Suggest you take a candle in with you and see how the boss reacts to that. :H

Everyone must be pretty busy these days....no posts since 9 am this morning.

Unless there's another thread somewhere I haven't spotted yet. :H

Hope you're all good.....PPQP

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

I keep posting & then it disappears. Is it because I am using a wireless device?????
              March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
              May 29: back to day 1
              June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

Nope....I'm using wireless....

You're not swearing and putting up photo's of your nude paintings are you?

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

No other thread I could see PPQ

I didn't realise you were a smoker. When you are ready be sure and read Allan Carrs book, get some hypno and buy some Kudzu........I.e. prepare yourself.

I am 15 days today and feeling great. HALT applies though not as severely as with alcohol.

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

Didn't think so KY....

Thanks for the advice, I have a "when I'm ready file" :H

KUDOS on the 15 days. :wd:

I think all the acronyms apply to any addiction. Glad you're feeling better, but isn't it a little late for you?

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

kuya;1483867 wrote: No other thread I could see PPQ

I didn't realise you were a smoker. When you are ready be sure and read Allan Carrs book, get some hypno and buy some Kudzu........I.e. prepare yourself.

I am 15 days today and feeling great. HALT applies though not as severely as with alcohol.
                      Did you go from 40/day to 0 cold turkey?

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

porqoui;1483869 wrote: Didn't think so KY....

Thanks for the advice, I have a "when I'm ready file" :H

KUDOS on the 15 days. :wd:

I think all the acronyms apply to any addiction. Glad you're feeling better, but isn't it a little late for you?
                        It is 1.40 PM .......I try to stay awake all day :H:H

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

NoSugar;1483870 wrote: Did you go from 40/day to 0 cold turkey?
                          Yep, no cutting down, in fact I smoked as much as I could on my last two days ! :H:H

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

kuya;1483871 wrote: It is 1.40 PM .......I try to stay awake all day :H:H

Oh right, you're on Thursday time. I usually talk to you at 6 am not 6 pm
                            my time.:H

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

kuya;1483872 wrote: Yep, no cutting down, in fact I smoked as much as I could on my last two days ! :H:H
                              You seem to have an unusual ability to force your actions to follow what you have deliberately prepared yourself for and decided to believe. You show us the amazing power of the mind!

Congratulations on your latest success!

Comment

Working...
                              X