af good Friday 28 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af good Friday 28 Mar

mornin all...well Good Friday it is...so lets hope so..got off to a pretty good start the sun is out..wee bit cold but thats nowt!Maybe,just maybe we have turned that corner into spring!!Any plans for the easter weekend anyone?

Ok then orf we go...tea and coffee..and lemon on the go.

Morning TT..dont know where you will be but hope you are having a decent flight..you will be doing a stopover somewhere but havent a clue where, so take it easy

Morning Cat...how are you today? see the computer gods got you yesterday and pinched your post!!..its a real pain when that happens

good morning SF...wow impressed ..you certainly are doing well ...excellent...better than my jokes!!! It really is a great feelikng when I need turns to dont want isnt it?

Morning BHOG and how are you today? glad the jokes keep you going too!!

HiYAH...how are you today ? slogging away doing up the house?Might be a pain just now but think of the satisfaction in the end, when you can turn round and say "I did that "..and no al involved!!!

Hi ltlw..how are you today? wow seem to be lot of posts going west today?glad you ae on the road ..well done and keep it up.

Morning ppqp..and how are you today?yep use any of the boss lines and actions any time!..still on the casting couch are we..cant really see much on this webcam...but I think you should be wearing more than that..youll catch the cold
    Sounds like lawyer things are starting to work for you...wow the legal wheels ..how slow they grind...all oiled by money...or is it justice? heres a coffee for you

Morning Lav...how are you this morning?..talk about early? its 8am here..clocks change forward tomorrow..but been up some time and done quite a bit of work..its actually great to get out into the garden which I will in a wee while.Yes it tll take some time for little un to get better but they heal better than us old(ER) people!! no doubt he will have a load of Easter eggs for the weekend!!!Anyway heres a coffee to sit and ponder over

Evening KY...how are you today?Yes like you I have got to change my habits ..eat way too late at night...usually 9/10 pm for me ...down to 11 8 this morning..these last few pounds are a pain to drop...was 12st7 on 18th of Feb so its not doing too bad..Aching a bit today..did 55 lengths in the pool yesterday ,and during the day 200 press ups and 200 sit ups..and 15 mins on the treadmill..need to start thinking about rest time..probably give the pool a ret today..all the kids are off school anyway ,and there is nothing better than to try and dodge binlids when you are swimming!!!
    You any plans for the weekend mate?Have a goood one whatever you do

Right peeps...have a happy easter wherever you are ..be safe and sober

Great truths about life:1. Raising teenagers is like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree.2. There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.3. Reason to smile: Every seven minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.4. The best way to keep kids at home is to make the home a pleasant atmosphere...and let the air out of their tires. 5. Families are like fudge...mostly sweet with a few nuts. 6. Middle age is when you choose cereal for the fiber, not the toy. 7. The more you complain, the longer God lets you live. 8. If you can remain calm, you don't have all the facts. 9. Eat a live toad first thing in the morning, and nothing worse can happen to you the rest of the day. 10.You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoes and wonder what else you can do while you're down there

Father: (at hospital looking through glass at newly arrived babies) "Kitchy kitchy koo. Look, she smiled... isn't she adorable?" Friend: "But your kid didn't smile." Father: "I was talking about the nurse."

Can u believe what people do in the church these days? I was in the church listening tothe priest's sermon when i saw a guy smoking cigarettes inside the church. I was so amazed that i didn't know when the bottle of beer i was holding fell on the floor.

Taoism: Shit happens
    .Buddhism: If shit happens, it's not really shit
    .Islam: If shit happens, it's the will of Allah
    Protestantism: Shit happens because you don't work hard enough.
    Judaism: Why does shit always happen to us?
    !Hinduism: This shit happened before.
    Catholicism: Shit happens because you're bad.
    Evangelism: Send more shit!
    !Atheism: No shit.
    Jehovah's Witness: Knock knock, shit happens.
    Hedonism: There's nothing like a good shit happenin'.
    Christian Science: Shit Happens in your mind.
    Agnosticism: Maybe shit happens, maybe it doesn't.
    Existentialism: What is shit anyway?
    Stoicism: This shit doesn't bother me.
    Rastafarianism: Let's smoke this shit!

A seaman meets a pirate in a bar, and talk turns to their adventures on the sea. The seaman notes that the pirate has a peg-leg, an hook, and an eye patch. The seaman asks, "So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?"The pirate replies "We were in a storm at sea, and I was swept over board into a school of sharks. Just as my men were pulling me out, a shark bit my leg off.""Wow!" said the seaman. "What about your hook"?"Well...", replied the pirate, "We were boarding an enemy ship and were battling the other sailors with swords when one of the enemy cut my hand off.""Incredible!" remarked the seaman. "How did you get the eye patch"?"A seagull dropping fell into my eye.", replied the pirate."You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?" the sailor asked increduously."Well...", said the pirate, "..it was also my first day with the hook."

A guy is riding the bus when at a stop, the most beautiful woman he has ever seen gets on. The only problem is that she is a nun. He decides to approach her anyway. "Sister, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I must have sex with you." he says. "I'm sorry but I've given my body to God." she replies and then leaves. Suddenly the bus driver turns around to the guy and says "I know a way you can get her in the sack." The bus driver tells the guy about how the nun goes to confessional everyday at 3 in the afternoon. The bus driver tells the guy his plan and the guy leaves happy knowing he's going to get some. The next day at 3 the guy is in the booth dressed as a priest. When the nun approaches in the darkness he says "Sister, God has told me I must have sex with you." She replies "Well if God has said it, we must do it. However because of my strong commitment to God I will only take it up the ass." The guy figures this isn't a problem and proceeds to have the best sex ever. After it is over he whips off his outfit and says, "Surprise I'm the guy on the bus." With that the nun turns around and says, "Surprise I'm the bus driver."

Grampa and Billy were working out in the garden. Grampa spies Billy trying to put a worm back into the ground. "You'll never get that worm back in his hole," said the old man. Suddenly, Billy had an idea. He ran into the laundry room and came back with a can of spray starch.After a few sprays, the worm was as stiff as a board and Billy was able to slide him back into the earth."Billy! You're a genius," exclaimed grampa. He hugged Billy, gave him a dollar out of his pocket, grabbed the starch, and ran inside.Thirty minutes later, grampa comes back out smiling. He gives Billy another dollar. "Grampa," said the boy, "You already gave me a dollar.""No," replied grampa, "That dollar's from grandma!"

Two elderly ladies are sitting on the front porch, doing nothing. One lady turns and asks, "Do you still get horny?"The other replies, "Oh sure I do." The first old lady asks, "What do you do about it?" The second old lady replies, "I suck a lifesaver." After a few moments, the first old lady asks, "Who drives you to the beach?"

Two friends were out drinking when suddenly one lurched backward off his barstool and lay motionless on the floor. "One thing about Jim," his buddy said to the bartender, "he knows when to stop."

Ways to Annoy People At A Pool

Stand on top of the high board and say you won't come down until your demands are met.
    Tell the lifeguards that they aren't doing their jobs because you have seen at least 15 people drown today.
    Ask people if they have seen your pet shark.
    Sit in the baby pool and play with the toys.
    Take a flutter board and pretend you can't swim.
    Hit strangers with your flutter board.
    Ask an attractive lifeguard to practice CPR on you.
    Sit in front of a water jet, make moaning sounds and say, "Oh yeah... oooh that feels soooo good....".
    Sit on the top of the water slide and don't move.
    Swim near a stranger and say, "Dammit I knew I shouldn't have had watermelon before I came here.".
    Insist that you saw a monster at the bottom of the pool.
    Pretend to drown and then when someone tries to help you, say, "HA-HA, fooled you!".
    Scream as someone is trying to do something when jumping off of a diving board.
    Laugh at fat people in swimsuits.
    Tell people you saw the lifeguard pissing in the pool.
    Ask a lifeguard if skinny-dipping is allowed.
    Try to negotiate the price of getting in.
    Take a really long time when you are on top of the high dive and then act as though you were pushed off.
    When in line, ask strangers if they think invisible people get a discount.
    Take your towel, tie it around your shoulders and say, "Wheee! I'm Batman!" while running around.
    Hit strangers with your wet towel.
    Throw people's things into the pool.
    Sing and dance on top of the diving board, then do a belly-flop as your grande-finale.
    Play Marco-Polo by yourself.
    Ask small children if they have seen any suspicious-looking sea monsters lately.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af good Friday 28 Mar

Hi there.
    I am at Auckland airport waiting on my flight to the UK via Hong Kong. Its 10pm now but I will be travelling back in time a bit. 2 long flights.
    Lots of people around me drinking wine but I am not bothered at all. I have eaten well and been drinking lots of iced water. Hope I get some sleep on the plane .
    Sad to leave G. and the girl for a few weeks. Being away really hits home how much I love them. But Skype helps when I can do it.
    So Mick - expect hot tropical weather very soon because I have packed lots of woollies.
    Hope everyone else is having a chocolatey Easter if that is your want.

Comment

af good Friday 28 Mar

Good morning Abbers

Waiting for the sun to rise properly Mick so thanks for the coffee!
      Rain is expected on Sunday afternoon so the egg hunt will have to be indoors. I'm sure the kids won't mind.
      I'm going to Curves first thing this morning, no skipping this week because I have already been dipping into the jelly beans :H

TT, wishing you safe travels
      Hope it's not too cold for you in the UK.

OK, greetings to everyone & wishes for a terrific AF Friday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af good Friday 28 Mar

MAE Fabbies!

Have a wonderful, safe flight, TT. I'm glad that you're not finding it difficult staying AF at the airport. It's really not a big deal once you've changed your mindset.

Love your jokes, as usual, Mick! Enjoy the extra hour of daylight when your clocks go ahead and good luck on getting off those few extra kilos.

Have a good workout, Lav! Fortunately, there is no Easter candy in this house this year!

It feels good to be sober! I'm so glad that my little lapse turned out to be just that. It's now over 6 weeks, and I am very grateful. It could have been so much worse.

Hugs for all to come!

:l
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af good Friday 28 Mar

MAE......late check in tonight......had peeps for dinner and they just left so gotta get to bed.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day, TT hope you have a good flight and safe journey.

Yah .... I am happy for you too

Comment

af good Friday 28 Mar

Good Friday!
            Mick, Treetops, Lavande, Young at heart, Kuya, and all to come...so good to get on here in the morning and see your smiling faces! This makes me glad I decided to come back to MWO, in some ways it has changed, improved, but it still is a friendly place where I can STS with friends old and new.
            Thanks for making me feel welcome again!
            BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af good Friday 28 Mar

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff. Having a lazy morning and loving it.

TT...I hope you're sound asleep on the plane.

Lav...I'm glad I don't have to do the egg hunt anymore. Way too many temptations in those baskets.

YahYah
              ...you're sounding great!

KY
              ...we'll see you in the morning.

BHOG
              ...and Good Friday to you. This thread is great, I'm so glad you found us.

Time to deal with the "H" in HALT so off to make breakie. Have a great AF Friday all and all to come.....PPQP

ps..I'm off to a Texas Hold'em Tournament tonight with positive feelings (things seem to be turning around for me). I won this tourny last time.

Comment

Working...
              X