Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over....

Hi everyone,
    First I want to thank you for all of your advice and support...it really helped me to get my head on straight.
    Unfortunately...I have ended my relationship with my boyfriend. His alcohol problem was part of the reason, he would just always tell me what I wanted to hear, but never actually did anything about it. What really ended it for me was finding out that he had yet another addiction.....one I can't even bear to mention.....
    I decided that it was best for me and my son to end it. Someone told me once that "love is hard but don't kill yourself over it". I have been suffering physically and mentally over this relationship for some time now...and to feel that I didn't really know him at all...like he pretended to be someone else in my & my son's company.... is devastating.
    I guess it is better that this happened now...instead of after we had all moved in together and became a family. This will be hard on my son also...that is what hurts me the most. First it was his father...and now someone who he had looked up to like a father.
    Ok....enough of my sob story.

Bottom line is sometimes you just have to do what is best...no matter how bad it hurts.

Thanks again to all of you who had offered me advice and support. I will definately recommend this site to anyone who may need it!!!!!

Good Luck to all of you & Stay Strong!!!!!

It's over....

Now you have the opportunity to reinvent your life and have something so much happier and healthier. It'll be a challenge, but you'll be proud of yourself for making the right decision. Keep in touch and good luck.

Julie

Comment

It's over....

I really hope things work out for you.
      Best wishes
      Paul.

Comment

It's over....

Insomniac.. you are right.. bottom line is you have to do what is best...

Take it gently on yourself and best of luck to you.
        Brigid

Comment

It's over....

I'm glad you have a final resolution. It must be very painful for you and your son and I am so sorry.

Now you can get to be healthy and away from the toxicity that was pulling you down. I'm sure the other addiction just totally was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Come back if you need us.:h
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

It's over....

So sorry you are feeling down, abso sure you have done the right thing otherwise you wouldn't have done it. Forward is the way to go eh - for us all that is, let's all have a 'burning of the past' bonfire or similar, once it's gone it's gone.

Lorna xx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

It's over....

{{{{{{Insomniac}}}}}}

You did the right thing.
              Be blessed.
              Love,
              Nancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

It's over....

Best of luck to you Insomniac and I am proud of you for making this decision for you and your son. You will do well. Stay strong.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

It's over....

hi insomniac
                  what an amazing thing you have done to protect your son and yourself from this guy..doesnt feel like it right now I expect.

I pray you can see the journey ahead as positive for you both..just walk it one step at a time ..try and keep positive.

you have probably saved you both from a complex life of dishonesty from this chap. i dont want to do a witch hunt on him and sincerely hope he gets some peace and healing before he digs a bigger hell hole for himself.
                  My tip is dont be " a rescuer" of others ..just work on loving and accepting yourself and in the eyes of God you are loved and definetly ....good enough. Your son is lucky to have you as a mom...hope you both get your pease restored soon and detach with love from your fella.

take Care

Cassy

Comment

Working...
                  X