af day Sunday 31 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Sunday 31 March

MAE Absters! Mick better watch out because I am on the same island as him. Haven't found his joke stash yet!
    A gruelling flight from Hong Kong to London - a sardine experience, revolting worse than ever food - service so slack it would have been a challenge to get drunk - as it was it proved a challenge to get a drink of anything at all. But today is another day and the sun did shine for most of this morning - I went for a walk and off on another one soon with my niece. Nice and cosy here.
    LTLW - hey girl, take care with the stress you are under - the family death, the wedding and giving up AL. I think it was Turnagain (???) who recommended Vit D supplements - you only need a tablet once a month. I am on this now too - to counteract the winter months down South.
    Nurdl - great to see you again and hear of your success. Is there another big production coming up?
    Kuya - I miss home of course and heard that its still warm and sunny there. Take care with the nicotine quit.
    Happy Easter to all - hi there PPQP, SL, SF, BHOG - I have to do this post quick-as - and I can't scroll back to yesterday's thread - so probably left someone off.
    So walkies today - tomorrow a drive to Portsmouth to pick up a great-niece from uni.
    catch up stunning bunnies later!!!!

af day Sunday 31 March

Lavande - how could I forget you and the Chickens at Easter!!!

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

Oh no.......simultaneous thread starting :H

Glad you are safe and sound TT. The rains came today so you left at the right time.

Nicotine quit going fine.......funny thing tho, craving chocolate just like when I quit alcohol......it is not an eating thing, definitely a sugar thing.

Out and about tomorrow ......maybe a boat trip to waiheke if it is not fully booked.

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

MAE ALL...

Not sure where to post so will post on both.

Just wanted to say happy easter everyone....PPQP

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

Question treetops: I think it was Turnagain (???) who recommended Vit D supplements - you only need a tablet once a month. I am on this now too - to counteract the winter months down South.

How many milligrams? Honestly, I really am feeling sick and tired of being cold. It is starting to get to me. Thanks.
          March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
          May 29: back to day 1
          June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

MAE FABbrrrrrrrs....

Sunday is my Vitamin D Day! The brand my Doctor's Office sells is BIO-Tech D3-50. It delivers a dose of 50,000 iu so you only take it once a week.

It was a routine blood test that showed I basically had NO Vitamin D in my system. Now, after supplementing, my D levels are perfect - even in the long, dark winters we have up here. More importantly, I feel so much better.

Here's a link to this product on Amazon. If you are the only one in your household who needs to take it...you may want to see if you can find a bottle with less than 100 capsules.

Amazon.com: Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 Iu 100 Caps: Health & Personal Care

No chance of me getting any natural D today....Easter on the iceberg is overcast with a chance of sogginess.
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

Happy Easter all - happily here starting my 4th week, looking forward to counting in months.
              Tried to educate my girls last night and introduce them to Bond movies, they were not terribly impressed
              Then we had a majot thunderstorm and lightening thru the night....started sunny, but black clouds moving in again...
              Quiet Easter with just the three of us...have a good one all..
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

LTLW - I don't know what the dose of my Vit D is as I only take it once a month and only just started. I know others who take it routinely this way. We get it prescribed from the GP. However SAD (seasonal affective disorder) ie seasonal depression is also treated with anti depressants. I took Prozac for years and it helped me a lot (obviously not with the drinking though). Now I am not on any ADs. Personally I prefer to work with a good relationship with a GP rather than self prescribing when it comes to mind-medicines. There are also potential side effects that GPs will test for as well. But Vit D seems pretty much OK.
                Sunshine of course is the best way to get it and you don't need huge amounts.

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

MAE all! Good to see peeps popping in today. I'm back from PA and a productive weekend. I only have two more weekends before a neighborhood-wide open house for all the homes on sale and many realty groups participating. I want to be ready. Maddie came up with me and proved to be quite OCD about getting the bathroom and window hardware spic-and-span. I painted the bathroom, repainted the LR ceiling (ugh), did some vacuuming, painted the basement stairwell and cleaned the dining room chandelier. I splattered lots of paint everywhere too (sigh).

So, I hope everyone had a glorious Easter, except Kuya, to whom I wish a happy belated vernal equinox! Happy Passover to any Jewish friends here; I am an honorary Jew, having grown up on Long Island, NY. Oy.....

Kuya, boy do I relate about the chocolate! Yikes!

TT, glad that you arrived safely in Britain; sorry your flight was not so pleasant.

PPQP, just hugs, honey!

LTLW, hang in there. Have you considered light therapy? It won't help with the cold, but will help with the mood. I have a friend who swears by hers. Vit D is great too.

SL, my daughter had about the same reaction to "The Graduate" as your girls had to Bond.

Turn, I hope things get warm and snug for you soon.

Saw your post on the other thread, Lav. Hope you and yours had a good Easter. Yeah, it was pretty cold and dreary in SE PA this afternoon.

Nighty night, all! This girl is going to hit the sack early and enjoy being off her feet. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Looking forward to hearing from Mick in the morning.

Hugs,
                  :l
                  YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

Hi Gang,

Hope all is well & Yay ~ Happy April to yous!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed our chat the other night Turnagain ~ what a treat! My first chat and it was just delightful ~ THANK YOU. :h

Carry on!
                    All the best, P.
                    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

af day Sunday 31 March

Late post but want to wish everyone a happy Easter. I've been here in the mountains for three days. Wonderful trip. Hugs everyone . iPhone brevity.
                      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X