amino acids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amino acids

I have a question about the MWO Amino Acids. I just received mine.....Had been reading the research on this site and thought that perhaps these would be helpful. Been struggling w/ some depression and exhaustion (starting to drink more than I would like on some nights, although NOTHING like I was before MWO!) ANYWAY, my husband saw my bottle of Aminos and compared them to his bottle of Aminos. I hadn't really even thought about taking his.....thinking that these were prepared specifically for problem drinkers. He laughed at me and asked if I even knew what amino acids were and started reading on the labels and then asked me how much I paid for mine. So now I'm wondering if there is anything different about the MWO Amino Acids or if an Amino Acid is an Amino Acid is an Amino Acid? (Still, my bottle is prettier than his, even if it did cost 4 times as much!)

Anyone know anything about Aminos?

amino acids

hey Sami, my understanding is the MWO has higher ammounts of L-phenylalanine and Tyrosine. Just started mine about a week ago and I swear my memory is getting better.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

amino acids

Thanks for responding, Determinator! How many times a day are you taking the Aminos? Just once? Are you also taking the All One Vitamins? I took those when I first started the program, but now I'm just taking a generic multi vitamin. Think it may be a mistake. Recently upped my dose of Topomax (LOL.....before I typed that I had to pause and think for a few seconds to even remember what it was called), so I hope the Aminos have the same memory-improving benefit for me that they have had for you!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Maybe just the power of suggestion here will help. (THe aminos will help me remember...the aminos will help me remember....)

Comment

amino acids

Hi Sami, I don't have the answer to your question, but I do think your husband could have been more supportive (he laughed at you?).

A quick note on generic vitamins, the cheap brands don't work for me and they upset my stomach sometimes (try taking the cheap B's on an empty stomach for quick nausea fun!). Try vitacost and shop prices - I think they have decent quality and many brand choices.

Comment

amino acids

I get mine at Doctor's Trust Vitamins – Discount Vitamins & Supplements at Below Wholesale Prices. They are good and reasonabbly priced. I compared the aminos there with those in the All One powder and it is very close. If you go to the site look for Amino Complex.
          :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

amino acids

I recently bought a book on Amino Acids and the benefits to body and brain. All I can tell you is that RJ certainly did her homework for the All In One. It is a superior product and contains all of the amino acids that we require as drinkers, depressants, etc.

Thank you RJ. Please use the All In One.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

amino acids

good posts you all. Sami, I've been taking the MWO amino complete only once per day (four capsules) at midmorning. I'm not taking the all-one powder because I'm a guy and it's loaded with iron which I don't want/need. Most vitamins are total garbage sorry to say. I'd recommend anything made by Jarrow Formulas (no I don't work for them
              I just got my first bottle of "B-right" on ebay from the ebay store "clubnatural"
              I also got a 2lb jug of Jarrow unflavored protein powder to try. it's absolutely loaded with aminos and also great quality protein. Also taking an additional 2,000 mg of C per day, 300 mg of magnesium, 690mg Omega fish oil, 400mgCholine/Lecithin, 300mg Milk thistle, 1000mg Calcium, a high performance multi-vitamin (but I think I'll switch to a jarrow product after this one is gone) 5 to 12Grams of L-Glutamine and 1 to 2 grams of Inositol powder right before bed. whew!
              a lot of folks know Dr Robert Atkins from his often misunderstood and misquoted "atkins diet" but he was also a brilliant cardiologist with an amazing understanding of vitamins, minerals, herbs etc. I've got his book "Vita-Nutrient Solution" which is really a neat reference.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

amino acids

The amino acid pills that I initially purchased at the health food store were like horse pills, not people pills, and then you were supposed to take 5-10 a day!uch: I could barely choke them down, and I normally take pills very well. I was sold on the fact that you only had to take 4 a day of MWO's amino complete, and they're nice, normal sized pills. I think they work great, too. I alternate between the AllOne or the pills, depending on whether I am feeling lazy (pills) or feel like making a smoothie (AllOne).

The stuff you purchase here on the site is top quality. I have purchased things like kudzu elsewhere, and I can testify that the kudzu here is much better. I have found the same with the L-Glutamine.

Anyway, I hope that you have gotten some of the answers you need from members' responses!

Have a good day!

Kathy
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

amino acids

Thanks for all the responses! I like the horse pill vs people pills, Kathy! Yes, I have found that MWO's are very easy to swallow.

And yes, I absolutely have gotten the answers I needed from the members. People here are just so durn nice and helpful. Shucks, I don't think I'll ever want to leave here.

Comment

amino acids

I hope nobody thought I meant the MWO vitamins were garbage...just the opposite, but still have to jugle what's right for your needs. Glad to hear you're happy here Sami!
                    I'd be taking the MWO kudzu right now but I'm on campral and that's killed the cravings problem for me. when I go off of that then it's kudzu time for sure.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X