Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Day Friday April 5

Looks like we might be a go again.

Can't post to a lot of the threads that were started but maybe a new one now will work.

Hope you all survived the kerfuffle....:HPPQP

AF Day Friday April 5

Now to try a reply.....

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

OK I am trying this out. Very tired - gave my presentation today - then a drinks function tonight from 6-8pm - only orange juice and wine to drink - no food! No water!
      Slipped away early and now have fed self - hope all others have survived the MWO machinations. Are we all correct and present and most importantly, sober?

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

Present and accounted TT....bet you're glad to have this day over with. Have a lovely evening....PPQP

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

... test test test test... are we back on? wow, how crazy was that? I hope everyone survived. There were messages I had hoped to post. Just sending out the love now. xoxoxo
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

Greeting FABbers....

I tell you...it's downright disconcerting when the site goes haywire! Who's tying up the tubes out there?

Looking forward to reading more about everyone's day....

TT...you've gone into overdrive installing healthy, new neural pathways in your brain - AF flights....AF receptions...AF meetups. This is huge! You are rocketing your way back to the REAL normal!
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

WOW...are we back on again
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

Well heres todays post..saved it from this morning..past its sell by now but the jokes are ok!!!

Nurdl...7 months well done :goodjob::wave::yougo::applaud::wave:

Well here we are ..fabulous Friday has arrived yet again..Dont know what happened yesterday ,but only 3 people posted..alsokept getting a message about a database error,so havent a clue

Well here goes on memory drive only...tea and coffeee on the go

morning TT ...how are you?saw you posted yesterday, but I guess you must be pretty busy..take it this is a business as well as holiday trip? How have you been doing al wise since you arrived back here? ok?good for you...weather up here is nice and sunny, but cold, take it that it is roughly the same where you are

Morning Lav and how are you today? yep there were people missing all over the place yesterday....scary stuff!!!so how are you today? seem to be getting a good share of poor weather at the moment too..worlds gone mad!!Anyway here you go ..one coffee..keep you going as you make preparations for the birthday boy tomorrow!!!have a graet day

Morning ppqp ..well did the car thaw out? more to the point did you after a few days couch flying!!!how are you? did the busy evening go as planned? heres a coffee..now tell us all about it.You got any plans for the weekend..whatever ..hope its a good one

Morning Kuya..how are you ?Saw couple of posts on another thread where you were getting a bit of a rough time....Couldnt understand the point behind that whole thread anyway..either you do or you dont ..its not really a case of what does the audience think!!! Its like I said to you before..you can only give out what you have been through and opinions..if people choose not to take it or whatever fine..........remember why you originally came here...for you to quit..everything else falls in behind that ..pointless me talkiing to you about stopping drinking , if Im shitfaced!!
                I know you are going through tough times at the mo mate,like I said here I am if you need an ear..(well 2 actually...one aint much good for holding glasses on!!!)
                Keep that chin up :l

Morning Cat..and how did you get on at your meeting? hopefully you got the outcome you wanted..as well as putting Mr Gobby in his place!!!He would defo be walking on eggshells round me now..if he even farted out of turn there would be a price to pay!!
                Anyway ..you have a great day

Morning SL..hows things with you today?probably into about day 5 of your 17 day on call..hope the wee voices arent giving you a hard time about wine..stay with it.

Mornin BHOG....how are you today? yep got the same stuff about error message..yesterday..was going to reply to your post and it came up!!!have a great day mein freund

Mornin Yah...how are you today? what are you up to? anything..take it the weekend is going to be house renovation again..how is the floor coming along?

right peeps..off we jolly well go for a fabulous fun filled Friday,,Wont be thread starting on Sunday....off out at 5.30 am ..yes the words mad and off yer head do spring to mind!!!
                Hopefully this will post ok.

Two flies are sitting on a pile of poop, and one fly farts. The other on looks over and says, “Do you mind? I’m eating!”

A cop pulls over an old lady for speeding on a Texas highway. He asks for her driver’s license and registration. When she opens her wallet, he notices a conceal-carry permit.
                He asks, "Ma'am, do you have a weapon in your possession at this time?"
                She responds that she has a .38 Special in her purse. And a .45 in her glove box. And a 9mm Glock in the center console. And a shotgun in the trunk.
                "Jesus, lady," says the cop. "What are you so afraid of?"
                The old lady looks him in the eye and says, "Not a fucking thing."

Think about this one

A boy is sitting on a park bench when he sees a man with a strangely tiny head walking his way. The boy asks, "Sir, why do you have such a little head?"
                The man answers with a story, "One day when I was younger, I was fishing at the end of the dock and I got a huge bite. To my surprise, when I pulled in my catch it was a beautiful mermaid, and she told me she would give me anything I asked for it I let her go free..."

Married man Don is talking to his single pal Ryan about settling down, confiding, “It’s nice to come home to someone who's happy to see you." “That’s what my dog is for," Ryan replies. "Not the same thing." Don scoffs. "Oh ,yeah?" says Ryan. “Just lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car and see who's still happy to see you when you let them out an hour later."
                Two girls are drinking at a bar. One says, “If I have another drink, I’m going to feel it.”
                The friend replies, “If I have another, I don’t care who feels it.”

“Mr. Clark, I’ve reviewed this case very carefully,” the divorce-court judge says, “and I’ve decided to award your wife $775 a week.” “That’s very fair, Your Honor” the husband says. “And every now and then, I’ll try to send a few bucks myself.”

An American picks up a hot blonde tourist and takes her back to his place. After a round of passionate sex, he asks, “So, you finish?” She pauses for a second and frowns, “No.” Surprised, he grabs her, and they go at it again until she’s screaming with passion. Afterward he smiles and asks, “You finish?” Once more she smiles, cuddles him, and softly says, “No.” Stunned, but damned if he’s going to leave her unsatisfied, he mounts her a third time until she’s clawing the sheets. Exhausted, he asks again, “You finish?” Finally, the blonde whispers, “No, I’m Norwegian.”

After the North American Beer Festival, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

The guy from Corona sits down and says, “Hey Se?or, I would like the world’s best beer, a Corona.”

The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.

The guy from Budweiser says, “I’d like the best beer in the world, give me ‘The King of Beers,’ a Budweiser.”

The bartender gives him one.

The guy from Coors says, “I’d like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors.” He gets it.

The guy from Molson sits down and says, “Give me a Coke.”

The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered.

The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask, “Why aren’t you drinking a Molson’s?”

The Molson president replies, “Well, I figured if you guys aren’t drinking beer, neither would I.”

How did Pinocchio discover that he was made of wood?His right hand caught fire.

Q. Did you hear about the flasher who was thinking of retiring?A. He decided to stick it out for one more year.

Q: What do girls and rocks have in common?A: Everyone skips the flat ones.

Q: Why don’t women blink during foreplay?A: ’Cause they don’t have time!

President Obama gets off a helicopter in front of the White House while carrying two piglets. A Marine guard salutes and says, "Nice pigs, sir."
                The president replies, "These are not pigs. They're authentic Arkansas razorback hogs. I got one for Secretary of State Clinton and one for Speaker of the House Pelosi."
                The marine says, "Excellent trade, sir."
                A girls puts an ad online requesting a man who won't hit her or leave her and is a great lover.
                A few days later her doorbell rings and she finds a man with no arms and no legs.
                He says to her, "I have no arms, so I can't hit you, and I have no legs, so I can't run."
                She responds, "But the last part..."
                He grins and says, "How do you think I rang the doorbell?"

Q. What's the difference between a banker and a cheese pizza? A. A cheese pizza can feed a family of four.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

See we even had a royal visit today :H:H:H

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

Good late afternoon Abbers

Thank you to whoever fixes things around here

I've had a busy day & it ain't over yet :H
                    Iam waiting for the 'twain' cakes to cool before I decorate them for the birthday boy tomorrow. Some people call them 'trains' but Will calls them 'twains' & they go on 'twain twacks' :H

Mick, I can't imagine the queen thinks that pic funny.....but I do :H

Greetings to PQ, TT, Turn, nurdl & everyone!
                    Glad we are able to gather & exchange these deep thoughts once again
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

Dang! I wrote a post an lost it!

Hope everyone is doing well. My internet has been wonky!

Went to an AA meeting and instead of calling myself an "alcoholic"....I said "I am sober today".

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

Here - present and correct!! Did a big long post earlier - hope you all got it:H:H
                        All good here - and finishing week four. Mick - actually day 12 and a bit peaked for sure. Had to stop at store for the stuff i forgot from this mornings shop and realised I was walking around trying for a good enough excuse to buy wine, luckily in my sleep deprived state I managed to work out that there wasn't a good enough excuse and came on home.
                        The cadburys mini eggs got to me this week, and only lost 0.2lbs this week - aiming for a 1 to 1 1/2 lbs a week, so didn't meet that goal.
                        Good to see teh daily AF group seems to have survived the loss of our life line - good going guys and nice to see you all again. I was a tad worried that the site was gone for ever!
                        Happy Friday/Saturday MAE all....:l:l
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

Mick...you're going to get yourself in trouble posting pics like that. :H

Lav...a "twain" cake pic would be perfect!

SF...hello "I am sober today" sounds good to me!

SL..:h your ability to reason that out. Chuffed for you.

I've been thinking about what I'd do if we did lose this site.

Once clicked on a link to another AF Support site and they were totally dissing MWO. :stomper:

Comment

AF Day Friday April 5

I saved the post I was trying to share yesterday. As Mick says, it's a bit stale, but I wanted to share outcomes. BOY, would it suck if MWO went away forever. This is my key safety net. Makes me think I should be proactive about personal contacts.

Mick, Lav, PPQ, thanks for validating my reaction. It was incredibly bizarre yesterday that not only did my old boss expect me to thank him, and say I really appreciated his intervention (I'm not kidding) he actually yelled at me when I said I thought his actions could go badly for me. He got incensed that I should stop playing the victim, and that I've said a 1,000 times I could work anywhere. It was that moment that I knew he had lost his marbles. I have NEVER EVER said that. I don't believe it. Weirdly, he said it to me last December, when he first brought up his thoughts about my relationship with the head boss. i"ve decided he is a very, very, very dangerous man. He likes drama, he believes in his rightness (about everything), and he has has to be right in any conflict.

The meeting went okay, so long as the unsaid story (what he was thinking behind the scenes) is not too dire. The big boss (let's call him) who loathes confrontation opened the door very obliquely and waited to see what I would say. I began by expressing my dis-ease in what the old boss had done, that it was not his place to have done so, and that I was feeling extremely uncomfortable with the situation he had created for BOTH of us. I couldn't tell, as the big boss is as emotional as a rock, but he seemed to register what I think was commonly held anger. So we'll see on that one. I told him how I wanted to see this company to it's successful exit, and that I was most proud of all my work in what I had done and would do here if I was given the chance. I also shared how marginalized I have felt and have been hurt and discouraged by the environment. He was more forthcoming with me than he has ever been before. He shared fair concerns and constructive criticisms. I think there is another year of good work here if I manage this close call alright. He may still look for a new CFO. There is at least one other VP who is on the shortlist to be managed out, AND HE DOESN'T KNOW IT. He is just going to get goals which are known to be beyond his ability to deliver, then be offered the chance to resign. Corporate America. So I also need to be cautious.

Man, some people need to be knocked upside the head and told they are not God's gift to their colleagues. Geez.

Mick and Kuya and Nurdl, congrats so much on seven months. Wow, there is momentum amongst this community. I'm so encouraged all the time by your example. I hit tough patches, and think, this can be done, it is being done, and the way is lit. Thanks for sharing this journey.

Love & Hugs & all that jazz,
                            Cat
                            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                            X