af day Sat 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Sat 6

Morning all....well it isnt too long since the Friday post,Wow what a performance that was!Might have been better if they had said that the thread was down, because I am pretty sure everyone posting didnt help either!!
    Just shows you tho ,how much we do miss this forum and quite a few have said the same.
    So how is everyone today?

Big apologies to Nurdl...got it wrong its 7 months for you yesterday..trying to diddle you out of a month!!!!ok will make this a short thread, cos Im sure that quite a few people still need to catch up on the Friday one

Tea and coffee on the go...need it here ..its abs freezing!!

Morning TT....how are you?Cant get my head round where you are..lost track..you still in UK, or back in NZ?What kind of function is that? no food ,,,and no drinky poos!!!you did right to exit early

Hiya Nudl ..you ok apart from the fact I tried to pinch a month?Youve done really well,keep going

Hiya Turn ..you ok? yes I found it most discombobulating myself when the thread went down :H

Morning Lav...also known as Mark..(Twain!)..how are you today?One little lad going to get spoilt by his gran today...extra big cup of coffee to keep you going!!
    Spoke to our Liz about the pic...shes fine with it..saw it on f..there were some other crackers..going to put a couple up..some of them are a bit iffy so need to watch

Morning Sf..how are you? I actually dont have to say anything..youve said it..I am sober today!! well done you:applaud:

Morning SL...how are you on day 13 of your on call?glad you never found the wine excuse!!!!as for the cream egg scenario..can relate to that..Ive lost lots of weight..and yet still managed to demolish a big bag of maltesers that I had bought..so on the treadmill it was for me..anyway you have a great day

Hi ppqp...how are you doing?See you have now adopted the word chuffed now!!!heres another one for your language box ..Coory ..old Scottish word for cuddle or snuggle..I remember my mum used to say it .."all cooried up" meant all snuggled up in the warm.
    there you go..amaze your friends with your linguistic skills!
    Weekend is here so take it you are flying the couch today?have a coffee and a great day

Morning Cat..and how are you?Glad your meeting went ok..this Richard Cranium that used to be your boss sounds a real clown ,but also a devious little shit..so be careful!!!
    Not all bosses are muppets,and to be fair you never know you might have a good one at the mo.When I was working,I know what my reactions as a senior manager would have been if someone had come into my office telling tales, no matter how innocently.there are 3 things I would have done.
    1 confirm it by asking you
    2 look at succession planning for what if scenario
    3 Put Mr tale teller under the microscope..why is he telling me.. what are his failings ,whats his issues

Youve said it..push the boundaries way and beyond whilst appearing calm and laid back so your pet rat is lulled into a false sense of "its in the bag " for me!!! :H
    Anyway sure it will work out.
    Yes there is a good community spirit here ...and you are part of it so dont forget that!!

right peeps for the offski...have a great weekend..wont be here tomorrow to start , but will jump in

Dont know if you have seen these ,but heres another one!!!

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Sat 6

Good morning Abbers,

Looing forward to this afternoon's birthday celebration for my grandson, turning 2 today!!!
    Nice to know AL is not invited
    Just received the news last night that my oldest brother will be entering a hospice today. He has given up, has no fight left in him. His health problems could largely have been averted if he had simply quit smoking & gotten some exercise over the years. It was his choice but it's hard watching someone check out at the age of 67. He lives half way across the country so I will not be seeing him.

On a brighter note - I'm glad to hear you survived your meeting Cat. Having faith in yourself & your abilities is a must in this dog eat dog world. Stay strong

Have a great day Mick. Gordon Ramsay is a real piece of work, isn't he? :H

Wishing a great day for one & all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Sat 6

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff. I actually looked cooried up after someone used it here, thought it might have something to do with Cory :H

Lav
      ...:l sorry to hear about your brother, but you're right, it was his choices. Still hard though. Hope the little one has a fab birthday and the energy to enjoy it. Still want to see a pic of the twain!

Cat
      ...nicely done at the meeting. Gotta say I have a gem of a boss. He is the total opposite of yours. Very honest and forth coming. Just have to keep an eye on the accountant who thinks she can do everyone else's job better than them.

Other than the frustration of MWO, Friday was a good day. Everyone was in the mindset let's get the h*ll out of here and start the weekend. My boss and I had a 11 am meeting and by 11:20 we were gone. Weatherman is forecasting snow and below normal temps for the weekend. Working on my voluntary portion of the Garden Club will fill the bill as I'm not planning on being outdoors!

Off for my second cuppa and hopefully Mick will pop back with some jokes. Have a great AF Saturday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af day Sat 6

Morning all! It's good to be back in touch. Busy day. Birthday party for my don who's 21!!! How did that happen? Bowling party with his college friends in Philly. Off to pick up the cupcakes. Laters peeps!
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Sat 6

MAE to y'all .......quick check in as it is now stupid o'clock and have just hit the sack after many hours of chat with my girlfriend over from the UK.

I will be SO tired next week ......... But amazing to catch up after 13 years

Lav ......so sorry to hear about your brother, but glad your grandson is well and celebrating his birthday.

Comment

af day Sat 6

here you are

Brad, a local beachgoer, couldn't even get a second look from any of the girls on the beach. So he headed over to the lifeguard tower to see if the lifeguard had any advice for him."Dude, it's obvious," said the lifeguard. "You're wearing those gnarly old swimming trunks that make you look like an old geezer. They're years outta style. Your best bet is to get yourself a Speedo?say, two sizes too small?and drop a potato inside it. You'll have all the babes you can handle."
            The following weekend, Brad hits the beach with his brand-spanking-new tight Speedo and his potato, and it's not long before he approaches the lifeguard tower once more.
            "For cryin' out loud," said Brad, "it's worse than before! Everyone on the beach acts disgusted as I walk by?covering their faces, turning away, laughing! What's wrong now?"
            "Jeez, Brad!" said the lifeguard, "The potato goes in front!"

One day in a nursing home, old Mr. Smith goes up to a candy striper and says, "My penis died."
            Deciding to humor him, the girl says "Oh, poor baby. I'm sorry to hear that."
            Two days later the girl is making her rounds and sees Mr. Smith wandering the halls with his frank and beans hanging out.
            "Mr. Smith!" she cries. "I thought you said your penis had died!"
            "It did. Today's the viewing."

A husband, tired of his wife asking him how she looks, buys her a full length mirror. This does little to help, as now she just stands in front of the mirror, looking at herself, asking him how she looks.
            One day, fresh out of the shower, she is yet again in front of the mirror, now complaining that her breasts are too small. The husband comes up with a suggestion. "If you want your breasts to grow, then every day take a piece of toilet paper, and rub it between your breasts for a few seconds."
            Willing to try anything, the wife fetches a piece of toilet paper, and stands in front of the mirror, rubbing it between her breasts. "How long will this take?" she asks.
            "They'll grow slightly larger every day over a period of years," he replies.
            The wife stops. "Why do you think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my breasts every day will make my breasts grow over the years?"
            The husband shrugs. "Why not, it worked for your butt, didn't it?"

A fire starts inside a chemical plant and the alarm goes out to fire departments miles around. After crews have been fighting the fire for over an hour, the chemical company president approached the fire chief and said, "All of our secret formulas are in the vault in the center of the plant. They must be saved! I will give $100,000 to the engine company that brings them out safely!"
            The crews try, but no one can get through. Then another fire truck, filled with a volunteer fire company of men over 65, comes roaring down the road and drives straight into the middle of the inferno. The other men watch unbelieving as the old timers hop off of their rig and heroically extinguish the fire, saving the secret formulas.
            The company president walks over to reward the volunteers.
            "What do you guys plan to do with the money?" the president asks the group.
            The firetruck driver looks him right in the eye and answers, "Well, the first thing we're going to do is fix the fucking brakes on that truck."

A boy and his date were parked on a back road some distance from town, doing what boys and girls do on back roads some distance from town, when the girl stopped the boy. "I really should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm actually a hooker and I charge $20 for sex." The boy reluctantly paid her, and they did their thing.
            After a cigarette, the boy just sat in the driver's seat looking out the window. "Why aren't we going anywhere?" asked the girl.
            "Well, I should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm actually a cab driver, and the fare back to town is $25."

A woman goes into a bar and orders a bottle of champagne. She takes the first glass and pours it down the back of her skirt. The bartender looks on in amazement as she pours another glass, and again tips it down the back of her skirt.
            His curiosity piqued, the bartender quickly inquires, "Lady, why are you pouring your drinks down your skirt?"
            To which the woman replies, "I've just won the lottery and this is the only asshole I'm sharing it with!"

A man walks into an emergency room with two black eyes and a broken nose. The doctor asks him what happened.
            "Well," says the man, "I was having a nice round of golf with my wife. She sliced her ball into a pasture of cows. We went to look for it, and while I was rooting around, I noticed that one of the cows had something protruding from its rear end. Sure enough, when it lifted its tail, there was my wife's golf ball."
            "And?" asked the doctor.
            "Well," the man said, "that's when I lifted the cow's tail, pointed, and yelled to the missus, 'Hey, honey?this one here looks like yours!'"

The bank manager noticed the new clerk was terrible when it came to counting money and adding up figures.
            "Where did you get your financial education?" he asks.
            "Yale," replies the lad. The manager is sure he's misheard the man, so he asks his question again and the man again responds "Yale."
            That can't be right, thinks the manager. He decides he's going to check it out online.
            "And what's your full name again?" asks the manager.
            "Yim Yohnston."

Bill and his father are out fishing and drinking beer while discussing football and NASCAR.
            All of a sudden Bill says, "Dad, I think I'm gonna divorce my wife. She hasn't spoken to me in over six months."
            His father, silent for a moment, slowly takes a sip of his beer and says, "Son, you better think it over; women like that are hard to find."

A hiker gets lost in the woods and spends the next three days wandering around with no food. Finally, he spots a bald eagle on a ledge, hits it with a big rock, and begins eating it raw.
            A park ranger stumbles on the scene and arrests the hiker for killing an endangered species.
            In court the hiker explains that he was on the edge of starvation and had no choice.
            "Considering the circumstances, I find you not guilty," says the judge. "But I have to ask?what did the eagle taste like?"
            "Well, your honor," the hiker says, "if I had to describe it, I'd say it tasted something like a cross between a whooping crane and a spotted owl."

A woman walks into a drugstore and asks the pharmacist if the store carries extra-large condoms.
            "Yes we do," he says. "Would you like to buy some?"
            "No," she replies. "But do you mind if I wait around until someone does?"

A small zoo in Alabama acquires a rare gorilla, who quickly becomes agitated. The zookeeper determines that the female ape is in heat, but there are no male apes available for mating.
            The zookeeper approaches a redneck janitor with a proposition. "Would you be willing to have sex with this gorilla for $500?" he asks.
            The janitor accepts the offer, but only on three conditions: "First, I don't want to have to kiss her. And second, you can never tell anyone about this." The zookeeper agrees to the conditions and asks about the third.
            "Well," says the janitor, "I'm gonna need about a week to come up with the $500.

A little old lady answered her doorbell and saw a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.
            "Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners."
            "Go away!" said the old lady. "I haven't got any money!"
            As she closed the door, the young man quickly wedged his foot in the door and pushed it open.
            "Don't be too hasty!" he said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration."
            And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet.
            "If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, ma'am, I will personally eat the remainder."
            The old lady stepped back and said, "Well I hope you've got a damned good appetite, because they cut off my electricity this morning."

With a sheep under his arm, a man walks into his bedroom and stands in front of his wife.
            "This is the pig I have sex with when you have a headache," he says.
            The wife looks at him and replies, "That's not a pig, it's a sheep."
            He answers, "I wasn't talking to you."
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Sat 6

All's right in my world now.........thanks Mick. :h

Comment

af day Sat 6

Glad to see things are back to normal today!!!
                March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                May 29: back to day 1
                June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Sat 6

Hi all - totally knackered today - work has peaked and is insanely busy - so glad I am not drinking, no idea how I managed...but I did
                  4 weeks done today....wondering what the future will be - my personal best is 60 something days, so looking to crown that one.....
                  Happy Saturday and sober Sunday to all...
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Sat 6

Cat....Corporate America stinks. I love my work, but not my job. We recently got the report of all the $$ they insvest in us......what a crock of shit....we pay for it with all the pressures they put on us.

Stress is 99% of all illness.

Thanks Mick.....I actually said...."so far today I am sober". For me its a positive note vs. I am a doomed alcholic forever.

Lav...sorry to hear about your brother. I think it is hard for anyone to see what their choices today....may result in 10-20 years from now. We all know that smoking leads to bad things...but, becase they don't happen right away it is hard to see. Kinda like how drinking sneaked up on us.

Start school on Monday....and move on Friday. Looking forward to getting settled.

Comment

af day Sat 6

Just a quick jump in..its stupid o clock over here ...4.55 am just going out..but a big well done to you SL....:wd:

and also to you SF.take it your so far today I am sober...turned into I had a sober day today? excellent

big shout to everyone else ..will drop in later :l

Comment

af day Sat 6

MAE, everyone. I am so happy our thread is up tonight!

Mick, I'm all cooried up in my bedroom with freshly cleaned sheets, a lovely comforter, and MWO. I think I love that word.

Lav, I'm sorry to hear of your brother. I'm equally glad you have such a healthy path. You'll be enjoying the healthy vegan, sober life for many years. It's my goal, too (at least the latter). I've been working on diet, supps, exercise - finding the recipe that manages our brain and body chemistry. It's a journey and a half.

I had a talk with my son tonight about sugar. His Dad and I agreed to get it all out of our houses - cookies, ice cream, candy, etc. I've bought alternatives, and we agreed I'd made sugar free vanilla pudding tomorrow. I explained how our body chemistries are more sensitive than some, and we need to be careful around it. He can have treats on occassion, but he got into the habit of dessert every night, and it's no good. At nine, his brain is wiring for his lifetime. Can I help him have fewer receptors that scream for AL when he takes his first drink, which in all likelihood will happen? Both Dad and I gave up AL, but teenagers experiment. You know, I never smoked or did any drugs. I said many times if I had, I would have become addicted, and just felt lucky I escaped it. So I'm going to try my best to help his brain along. Tomorrow I go to his Dad's (we agreed to this) and make sure it's all thrown out. His Dad is brain damaged, so often his best intentions don't get followed through. And I'll have to remind him regularly, but it's worth it. All in all, a good reassuring step over the past few days.

SL, you go girl! Four weeks is fabulous. Especially given you resisted a "drown my sorrows" impulse.

:bday3: :band2: :disco:

SF
                        , I want you to know you really inspired and touched me. I am sober today. What a great way to enter an AA dialogue. We need to focus on the positive; it's a big focus for me in the personal growth area. I'm going to use that one!

PPQ, Nurdl, TT, Kuya, Love you guys. Happy Saturday, and Sunday as it were.

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                        X