Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 7 April

Good morning all
    Still in the UK - greetings from Cambridge! Had a formal-ish dinner last night and the waiter poured me wine without asking and I firmly said 'no wine' - they kindly produced some bubbly water. Also had the special treatment as a vegetarian.
    Lovely sunny day here and I expect its much the same for Mick who is somewhere on this island!
    Congrats Nurdl on 7 months - with all the MWO hiccups and my travelling its been hard to keep track.
    Hope the birthday celebration went well Lavande. very sorry about your brother.
    Stay strong Cat - and all others facing crap in their lives at the moment esp with work and money.
    good to be in contact again PPQP, LTLW, SL , SF and others. Has anyone heard from the other Southern contingent (apart from Kuya) - Blondie, Teezah?

OK - offski now to my conference - will be inside all day. Safe, sober, sane Sunday to all.

af Sunday 7 April

Good morning TT & all Abbers!

Had a nice time yesterday with the birthday boy
    He was feeling well & oh so happy to get some new 'twains' for gifts. He stood at my coffee table to open his gifts & play for a while ~ it was a great thing to see!

TT, refusing those offers for wine get easier & easier as you go along. You are doing great
    Wasn't Blondie heading off on vacation somewhere?

I hope to get some outdoor time today & begin some cleanup in my garden beds.
    Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

MAE Abbers.......

Awwwwwww Lav......he is sooo cute

Hi TT .....good for you on the wine. Glad you are having a good time.

Quick hi and bye as another really late night up talking with my friend. I will need a week to recover :H:H

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

Congrats, TT, on another notch in your belt.

Lav, what a beautiful photo. The joys of two year olds - wow. So glad for you and your family that he is on the mend.

Kuya, isn't it great how we can resume friendships after years away, and it's like we were always in each other's lives? Those are precious. Sleep later.

Cat
        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

Lav...nice pic of little un..and also Dennis the diesel Bill the engine!!!!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

Just saying hello - so tired, just got a coffee - my new treat drink....feels strange to be drinking coffee at 4pm!
            Hi Cat, TT, Lav, Kuya and Mick - quiet day here, but that isn't always a bad thing is it?
            Hankering for sweets this afternoon - Cat, what kind of L glut do you take?? I think I need something else to help switch some buttons off - I cannot concieve of no sweets just now, would like to think I can move that way one day....
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

Hey all. Just checking in. We are 2/3 of the way through our birthday blitz. Three birthdays in 10 days. Too much fun. We held a bowling party yesterday for my oldest. It was wild to watch my husband's family drink too much. I stuck with my sodas and water and seltzer water with lime but I so desperately wanted to enjoy a glass of wine. My oldest turned 21 and now he's legal to drink which is such a rite of passage in our culture. I staying the course though. The really hard one will be auntie's 90th birthday party at the end of the month. She's ordered a very expensive French champagne for the occasion. I need to wrap my head around this one. This is the most difficult challenge so far because it is a small and intimate dinner party. I will need some help from you all. Courage, determination, and some really good mineral water! I'll catch up with you all tomorrow. xoxoxo
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

Lav! He's adorable. I missed what is going on health wise. Fill me in quick because I'm not sure I will be able to find it myself. You're a wonderful grandmom!
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

Nurdl - Fre makes a AF sparkling brut in a champagne bottle, complete with cork - it is drinkable, especially when chilled - do you think you could get that in somewhere and sneak a glass full so it looks like the champagne and no-one would notice??? if you could do a switcheroo???
                  PS - doing a little scout around and saw you managed 7 months - really well done!:goodjob:

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

Thanks SL!!! That may do the trick. This is awesome. I've been agonizing over how to manage the situation. This party is so very important to her. I was going to accept a glass and get my husband to switch with me and drink mine too. It's so silly but so important to do the right thing for both of us. Thanks again Scottish Lass. What would I do without you all?

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

I totally understand - sometimes no is not accepted, alcohol is my families way of life and for me to say no at a elders 90th birthday would be taken a really wrong way and cause me way too much stress. I have used this drink before and it did the trick, no one was any the wiser - and it sidetracked any drama....I don't like to disappoint or let anyone down, so this works for me....I don't see it as silly at all...:l

Comment

af Sunday 7 April

Boy, our lives are complicated. Nurdl, I'm glad you found a substitute. I've been exploring some AF drinks that come in 750ml bottles - a really nice tonic water called "Q" and a new one I bought today that I'll list if it's any good.

SL, I usually buy "Jarrow Formulas." Whole Foods carries it. I've been buying that brand for years for various supplements. I also use the MWO private label - I think it's good - it got me started down the right road. You can order that here, so that's pretty easy. I was not impressed with GNC L-Glut; I noticed a real drop in effectiveness, and actually threw the bottle out.

I'm struggling with sugar cravings and anxiety, ever since I gave up the Celexa (SSRI). I'm committed to staying the course of trying supplements. I'm taking Amoryn and L-glut for weeks/months, and just this weekend added Melatonin and Chromium. I need to go buy a good mineral blend, I'm thinking Cal/Mag/Vit D. I already get enough Zinc in the Amoryn. Kuya helped me dial this approach. So far, sugar is slightly better but I'm still crazy over-emotional.

Tired now. Taught my son to clean the bathroom and do a load of laundry after he came into my bedroom to use my bathroom, put his shoe on the toilet seat, and peed all over his clothes and shoes because he had waited so long to get to the bathroom (consumed by a video game). So he cleaned it all, including the clothes, and I've taken away video games for a week. Part of me feels like an over-reactive b*tch. Part says at nine years old, this is ridiculous. I would never have know his filthy shoe was on the toilet seat if I hadn't seen him do it. Yuck. The job before the video game was cleaning up the dog poop in the backyard, so that's where his shoes had been.

TMI? Just saying. It's hard raising up the boys into men.

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                        X