Monday April 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday April 8

Mornin all...and howareyizall on this marvellous Monday morning?bit breezy here but nevertheless, sunshine is on its way allegedly.Have a good weekend everybody?and what did we get up to ..owt or nowt?

Tea n coffee on the go now for any and everyone

And orf we go

Morning TT..how are you today? still over here in the kingdom of Unites I see..down in Cambridge on the fens..used to go down there quite a bit in my last job..to March ..more specifically Whitemoor if it is any here near you.Well done on the reverse Jesus role you performed..turning water into wine :H Thought this was a holiday for you .think I got that one mixed up..Anyway have a good day

Morning Lav..how are you today?yeh yeh saw straight through it ..playing with train sets ,and putting your grandson in the pic as if to say they were his!!!:H
    heres a cuppa ..help you rest.Any plans for today..Weather ok for into the garden?
    have a good one

morning Kuya..wow another late one..yep reckon you are right..take you a wee bit to get back to normal..apart from that how are you?Any plans for the day?im looking at the possibility of moving as volunteer somewhere else..aint working out as I wanted it to where I am so reckon its move on time..have a great day

Hiya Nurdl...wowee loook at you !!well done,youve done really well ...despite me trying to nick a month from you!!!:H
    As far as the champagne goes......thats a cracking idea of SLs but..

So far you have been to 2 birthdays including your own flesh and blood where you drank water..you wanted a glass of wine, but didnt do so , and now you have another celebration to go to where the booze has been pre-ordered.
    If your Aunt turned up driving a really expensive flash car,and you couldnt drive,but everyone said take it for a spin.. would you?
    Poor analogy I know but do you see where I am coming from? the important thing is to enjoy her company and toast her health, in what is immaterial,but there again if by doing that the whole thing is going to get sour, then is it worth it? bottom line is for you not to drink ..how thats achieved really isnt the issue
    I would be more proud of my 7 months than anything..just my opinion for what its worth..have a great day

morning SL and how are you today? Coffee at 4pm? youll soon get used to it..me I drink Bovril at all sorts of mad times of the day ..and loads of different additions to it!!, curry powder, chilli Lea and Perrins etc!!As far as sweeties go ..oh yes have ma fair share of gorging on them too, but nowadays when i do that I will burn off that amount of calories in exercise.Fingers crossed it works.Managing to stay between 11.6 ad 11.8.nearly at the end of your run on call now arent you?

Morning Cat, and how are you today? still tired?Certainly dont think you were being over reactive to your son..just imagine how different that scenario could have been if you had been drinking!!!Think you handled that really well Hows work been since you read the cards out to them?any different?

right peeps time to go , have great day and those missing, ppqp,ltlw,yah, blondie,and others before,Shue ,Lilly E etc

have a great day

Q:What is a specimen?A: An Italian astronaut.

Blown Bulb
    A wife comes home and turns on the lights. ?They flicker.

?Honey,? she asks, ?can you fix this light switch?? The husband replies, ?What do I look like, an electrician??

The husband then goes to the bar, and when he returns home the lights are working fine. ?Who fixed it?? he asks his wife.

The wife replies, ?I asked the neighbor, and he said he?d do it for either a blow job or a baked cake.?

The husband asks, ?Well, what kind of cake did you bake him??
    />The wife calmly answers, ?Who do I look like, Betty Crocker??

Q: How do you cure bedwetting?A: With an electric blanket.

?Doctor,? the embarrassed man said, ?I have a sexual problem. I can?t get it up for my wife anymore.?

?Mr. Thomas, bring her back with you tomorrow and let me see what I can do.?

The next day the worried fellow returned with his wife.

?Take off your clothes, Mrs. Thomas,? the doctor says. ?Now turn all the way around. Lie down please. Uh-huh, I see. Ok, you may put your clothes back on.? The doctor took the husband aside. ?You?re in perfect health,? he said. ?Your wife didn?t give me an erection either.?

One day Bob and Tom were walking down the street when Tom said, ?You know I took skydiving lessons last week.?

?Really,? said Bob in amazement, ?How did it go??

?Well the week started out alright while we were in the class learning the basics. But then Wednesday rolled around and it came time to take our first jump.?

?And?? Bob asked.

?Well I was the last one to jump but when I got to the door I couldn?t do it. So the instructor told me ?you had better jump out of this god damn plane before I stick my dick right up your ass.??

?Well did you jump?? asked Bob.

?Yeah, a little.?

oh no computers playing up now hopefully this will post:headbanger::hateputer:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Monday April 8

Morning Mick and others. Just a quick check in from the sober globe trotter - sorry I don't have time to respond to others' messages from yesterday. I am off to Bristol today - to spend a few days R and R with one of my best female friends - we have decades of sharing between us. She will be totally supportive about me being AF and I think we will be doing so many daft things that it won't even matter. I will need the caffeine though for sure!
    I was down last night - post conference blues, lousy food choices available and feeling lonely - missing my family heaps - but I dealt with it fine. Actually being apart for a while makes us all appreciate each other lots more (this lasts for about 2 secs when I get back!!!)
    Merry Monday all and its true, you don't need AL to have fun, travel, get lost, miserable - all possible when you are sober!!:H

Must chat to you some time about your past in corrections Mick! Enjoy the sun - it came out here for 5 mins and has now disappeared.

Comment

Monday April 8

Good morning Abbers!

Lots of coffee required this morning, there's no sunshine to speak of really.
      Mick, I'll have to post another picture later of my grandson in what my DIL refers to as 'train heaven'. That little kid is obssessed with trains (twains) :H

Cat, I just read what you posted about your son last night & boy does that ever bring back memories!! I did the same exact thing with my son the day I found him & his friend in the bathroom, one each on either side of the toilet peeing - trying to make an 'X'. There was pee everywhere!!!! Yeah, he learned how to clean the bathroom that day :H :H
      I hope you are able to get your supplements adjusted appropiately. And don't forget about getting those FSH & Estradiol levels checked too. I felt horrendous until I got started on my HRT. I never wanted to take them but there was really little to no choice for me

Glad you are enjoying yourself TT. Nice to be able to catch up with an old friend

No gardening appropriate weather yet, oh well.
      I am babysitting later this afternoon, oh joy. Until then I need to address some work stuff & get a trip in to Curves.

Have a great AF Monday everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Monday April 8

Hi Fabbies!

Glad to see that MWO is up and running again since I left on Friday. All's I can say about my weekend is "OUCH! I didn't know I had muscles THERE!" and "Everything takes longer than you think."

I'm going to go back and read about everyone's weekend later, but first I'm going to pop a few ibuprofen and have a little nap.

Hugs to all,
        :l
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday April 8

MAE ALL....

Just checking in. I'm in one of those "don't want to be here" moods today. I just feel totally shut down. Still snowing outside, welcome to Spring in Alberta. Will spend some time reading the posts tonight so for now have a great AF Monday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

Monday April 8

HIDEHI campers.........

Quick check in as gotta get to work soon. My guests and I are still burning the midnight oil. They are away today for a trip so tonight I will be in bed for nine methinks......knackered.

Blew my smoking quit........two heavy smoking, drinking and doping guests proved a little overwhelming.......no matter......back on the horse Friday when they leave.

My girlfriend wants (and needs) to join our ranks as her ringing is out of hand now so I hope her trip has given her the necessary catalyst.

Other than that it has been great, very cathartic and me and my kids have enjoyed this ...... Allowed us to see our world in a new light.......very glad we emigrated TBH.

Cat .....sorry you are feeling under the cosh with your son......it can be such hard work sometimes.

Mick...... The beauty of your position is you don't have to do ANYTHING that makes you unhappy...........next !!

TT....... My friends are from near Bristol.....they are not looking forward to returning to the cold after three months travel. Still they were most heartened by the news of the death of Margaret Thatcher last night and sad they will be missing the celebratory parties apparently.

PPQ....:l:l......hide under the duvet.......the world will manage if you take a backseat for a few days.

Lav......my eldest son, when four years old, was found peeing on the electrical sockets because he liked seeing the smoke rise.........he survived and the house didn't burn down :H:H:H

Comment

Monday April 8

Late check in - maybe YAH's fault as she said site was cured :H:H Seemed to have crashed again today, or I couldn't get on when I tried earlier
              Mick, last day will be Wednesday - then 4 days off call, whoo-dee-do!
              So sad to hear about Maggie T today - end of an era!
              hope all is good with everyone, will have a quick nose around before site goes down again....was wondering how well I would do without my daily check in if this was a permanent situation
              See you tomorrow, hopefully:l
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Monday April 8

Hey Cat - thanks - went back to yesterday. I had used GNC's L Glut, so maybe thats why it didn't work???
                We don't have whole foods over here in the valley sadly enough, would love one - I will look around though.
                I do take Calcium with D and mag; I also take evening primrose oil - but still want the sugar, so will look for that L Glut....
                Bringing up children is hard for sure, we just have to do the best that we can....
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Monday April 8

Mae, all.

Mick, work is both better and worse. Better, as I'm communicating more, and really striving for improvement in the areas that need it. Worse in that my emotions are really short lately. Today, I just ended my role on a conference call where the dialogue was driving me crazy. Normally I would have gutted it out. Today I couldn't stand it a moment longer. Maybe me walking away from crazy making situations will be good in the long run.

Great news at the doc's - no sleep apnea. She said I have an amazingly good sleep cycle - just need more of it. I smiled and felt so positive - that I least I can try.

Lav, I asked the doc about my hormone levels - we recently tested them. TSH and estradiol are fine. Progesterone is too low. That's been true for many years. Do you think that could contribute to low energy?

All in all, I'm surviving, and that's a huge positive statement. Tonight, I felt really awful at one point, vaguely thought that if I still drank, I would be drunk and not feeling crappy. But another part of my brain said "I don't drink, so what am I going to do with this crappy feeling?" I ate an apple. For some reason, apples make me happy at night. I'm going with it.

SL, the supps you are taking are all great, but won't help the sugar per se like the L-glut will. Try a better type - and you can always order online. There is a very good reason that MWO advertises it all the time. I'm betting it will bring you huge relief! Also, if you are still craving AL specifically versus just sugar, use the Kudzu. I know it was key for me.

YooHoo everyone else! Have a great Tuesday, as I'm closing out Monday.

Cat
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Monday April 8

To all the moms out there....

Do you think there is a phase of motherhood where you say, "F*ck it, I'm sick of this already, time to grow up."

I'm there in spades. I feel bad, because I can see how abrupt it is for my son, but FFS, today as I'm trying to get him to the dentist because he hasn't been brushing his teeth properly (a skill he learned before kindergarten), he couldn't tie his shoes. I squatted down, looked him in the eyes, and said, "Can you really not tie your shoes?" He will be ten in October. I let him continue on, it took at least three minutes, before we finally left.

We had to stop twice to retie them, each time Mommy going over how to get the bow tie, etc.

This may have contributed to my completely exacerbated mood on the conference call for work, which I had to take at his dental appt.

FFS.

Cat
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X