Tues April 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tues April 9

Good morning, good evening and welcome.........and how are we all today?

Weather over here is getting warmer..but windier and wetter..........soinds like a curry night!!!!:H

Well all the news is full of Margaret Thatchers passing....that has certainly incited some comment..both good and bad world wide..have seen some very derogatory comments ffs...comparisons to Hitler and things like that!!!!
    My political and religious beliefs are mine and thats how they shall stay,only thing I will say is no matter what you thought of her or her policies, she had the courage and guts to see them through in an ever changing world...even her opponents have said that..cant see much courage and balls in any of the parties today..theyre all too busy trying to sort get out of jail free cards after being caught at expenses,subsidies,free holidays and the like!!:H

Movin on..tea and coffee are on the go..Im on cup number 2 now

Mornin TT...hows Brizzel today?trying to work out..did you emigrate? seem to know people all over the place!lad youre feeling a wee bit better today,,yep you are right you dont need drink to do any of those things, they happen any way, but not being kayleyed makes it easier to deal with them...Enjoy your time in Bristol

Morning Lav..one large cuppa madam.And how are you today?after your babysitting..as for gardening..yep maybe Im a wee bit early but its started .Spuds are in under a frost blanket, 3 different lots of strawberries, cabbage, carrots broccoli, beetroot, lettuce, radish, rhubarb, peppers ,toms, herbs, broad beans and garlic..all under polythene ..not that brave to take the covers off yet!!
    As for twains...yep house this for sad..Thomas the tank names off the top of my head
    Thomas, Percy Henry Edward Terence Dennis Clarabelle Anna Bertie.....how old am I ??:H
    Have a great day

Morning YAH...lots of ouches...but not once did you mention al...well done you :wd:take your time it will be worth it

Hiya ppqp....one of those cooried up days hope you are ok..much as I would like to help you with the snow...eh no thanks!!!!..3Cs couch cuppa cooried!!!have a good one

Morning Kuya..how are you today ?tired I guess..and got to work too? jeez best of luck!!
    As for the statement I dont have to do anything I dont want to .......hmm not quite true believe you me!!lets just leave that one...next!!Take it you havent been swimming recently..is it too cold over there now for any of that?Know youre at work ,but have a good day

Mornin SL...how are you? Nearly Wednesday..no more on call..then only 4 days off call? that isnt much of a level playing field!!!Dont mind me asking ..what is it you do?If you do just ignore just seems a wee bit unfair those sort of odds! Any plans for your off time?
    Remember tomorrow when you get that aagh thats it over feeling the little voice doesnt try and tempt you with a celebratory drink..but Im sure your strong enough to tell it to bugger off!!

Morning Cat and how are you today?Good for you on the apple eating..I love them too ..specially the little ones.Moods and tempers do change ..there are never 2 the same..as for the conference call..maybe was the right thing..after all why get wound up over someone yakking down a piece of plastic!!
    Well done on the sleep issue...now you need to get some more!!..and the positive note..look forward to see surviving being replace by improving

Right ho ..its time to go.........sheer poetry!!!! big shout to the missing throng wherever you are stay safe and sober

Everybody I know who has a dog usually calls him "Rover" or "Spot". I call mine Sex. Now, Sex has been very embarrassing to me. When I went to the City Hall to renew the dog's license, I told the clerk that I would like a license for Sex. He said, "I would like to have one too!" Then I said, "But she is a dog!" He said he didn't care what she looked like. I said, "You don't understand. ... I have had Sex since I was nine years old." He replied, "You must have been quite a strong boy." When I decided to get married, I told the minister that I would like to have Sex at the wedding.He told me to wait until after the wedding was over. I said, "But Sex has played a big part in my life and my whole world revolves around Sex." He said he didn't want to hear about my personal life and would not marry us in his church. I told him everyone would enjoy having Sex at the wedding. The next day we were married at the Justice of the Peace. My family was barred from the church from then on. When my wife and I went on our honeymoon, I took the dog with me. When we checked into the motel, I told the clerk that I wanted a room for me and my wife and a special room for Sex. He said that every room in the motel is a place for sex. I said, "You don't understand. ... Sex keeps me awake at night." The clerk said, "Me too!" One day I entered Sex in a contest. But before the competition began, the dog ran away. Another contestant asked me why I was just looking around. I told him that I was going to have Sex in the contest. He said that I should have sold my own tickets. "You don't understand," I said, "I hoped to have Sex on TV." He called me a show off. When my wife and I separated, we went to court to fight for custody of the dog. I said, "Your Honor, I had Sex before I was married but Sex left me after I was married." The Judge said, "Me too!" Last night Sex ran off again. I spent hours looking all over for her. A cop came over and asked me what I was doing in the alley at 4 o'clock in the morning. I said, "I'm looking for Sex." -- My case comes up next Thursday. Well now I've been thrown in jail, been divorced and had more damn troubles with that dog than I ever foresaw.Why just the other day when I went for my first session with the psychiatrist, she asked me, "What seems to be the trouble?" I replied, "Sex has been my best friend all my life but now it has left me for ever. I couldn't live any longer so lonely." and the doctor said, "Look mister, you should understand that sex isn't a man's best friend so get yourself a dog."

What a woman says: "This place is a mess C'mon, you and I need to clean up. Your stuff is lying on the floor, and you'll have no clothes to wear, if we don't do laundry right now!"

What a man hears: blah, blah, blah, blah, C'mon blah, blah, blah, blah, you and I blah, blah, blah, blah, on the floor blah, blah, blah, blah, no clothes blah, blah, blah, blah, right now !
    Why do men chase women they have no intention of marrying? For the same reason dogs chase cars they have no intention of driving.

Q: What's the difference between a dog barking on the front porch and a woman hollering on the back porch?
    A: If you let them both inside, the dog will stop barking.

These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters who had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.
    Q: Are you sexually active?
    A: No, I just lie there. __________________________________

Q: What is your date of birth?
    A: July 15th.
    Q: What year?
    A: Every year. __________________________________

Q: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
    A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks. ________________________________________________

Q: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
    A: Yes.
    Q: And in what ways does it affect your memory? A
    : I forget.
    Q: You forget? Can you give us an example of something that you've forgotten?

Q: How old is your son, the one living with you?
    A: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.
    Q: How long has he lived with you? A: Forty-five years. ______________________________________

Q: What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke up that morning?
    A: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
    Q: And why did that upset you?
    A: My name is Susan

Q: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo or the occult?
    A: We both do.
    Q: Voodoo?
    A: We do.
    Q: You do?
    A: Yes, voodoo.

Q: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
    A: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Q: The youngest son, the twenty-year-old, how old is he?

Q: Were you present when your picture was taken?

Q: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
    Q: And what were you doing at that time?

Q: She had three children, right?

Q: How many were boys?
    A: None.
    Q: Were there any girls?

Q: How was your first marriage terminated?
    A: By death.
    Q: And by whose death was it terminated

Q: Can you describe the individual?
    A: He was about medium height and had a beard.
    Q: Was this a male, or a female

Q: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
    A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
    A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.

Q: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
    A: Oral.

Q: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
    A: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
    Q: And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time?
    A: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy.

Q: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?

Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
    A: No.
    Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
    Q: Did you check for breathing?
    Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
    Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
    A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
    Q: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
    A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Tues April 9

Good morning Abbers!

Just a quick hello for now, I'll be back later.
    I have to get myself out early, on kid watch at 8 am.

I hope everyone has a great aF Tuesday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Tues April 9

MAE Abbers.......another fly by as getting an early night before my friends return from their tiki tour tomorrow.

Busy day today, which is good. Autumn definitely here, although my crazy pom friends swam yesterday .......... Not me, no way.

Mick .com......

Cat....I think maybe sometimes our kids hang out for as long as possible cos they are a bit scared of growing up. He CAN tie his laces just doesn't want to lose mum maybe ?

Comment

Tues April 9

MAE ALL...

Tried getting on again yesterday but it wasn't to be. Survived the day but sleep was elusive last night, so it's going to be another long day.

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffe. Going to a bit more to get out the door.

Lav...busy, busy, busy enjoy your day.

KY...sorry to hear about the smoke cave and glad to hear your starting stopping again on Friday. My one attempt at quitting smoking lasted 3 months and I was miserable. Constant cravings and jealousy of everyone else who smoked. I definetly found getting AF free much easier.

Off to get my second coffee and read the jokes. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come.....PPQP

Comment

Tues April 9

MAE all. Busy day here too. Builders, ceiling guy, design work, husband working from home... yeah about that, lol. I'll check in later. Be good! xoxoxo
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Tues April 9

MAE, everyone. Seems a sleepy Tuesday rolling into the week.

Kuya, I'm gonna offer a :l too on the smoke quit. It sounds so tough to quit. It makes me think of this sugar struggle. The brain chemistry is so demanding it can give you no peace. But Friday comes, and we'll all be here to cheer you on! In the meantime, what a great trip you are having. I hope your girlfriend adopts the program and/or whatever support she needs.

I think Kuya may be right on my son hanging onto Mom. He is abruptly hitting his pre-teen state, and I changed right when that started (going AF), so maybe his sense of his world disrupting is scaring him. I'm going to take many deep breathes, practice more patience, and work on calming my nerves.

Growing season - Mick, my son and I started our gardening work this weekend. Mostly clean up so far, but we bought tomatoes, green beans, and already have strawberry plants that just need some additions and some pruning. More to come.

PPQ, Nurdl, SL, Lav, have a great AF Tuesday, and here's hoping a big ray of sunshine hits all our days.

Cat
            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Tues April 9

Afternoon Abbers

Well this day has turned out different from what I expected BUT with anything that involves my son, this is typical :H
              He got home from work 5 min after I arrived to watch the kids so we changed plans. I brought the oldest home with me because he loves to hang out with Mi Mom. My son had to take the younger one Will to the pediatrician for a check up. Guess what? The pediatrician now thinks that Will's symptoms match those of a bout of botulism! They are now searching for a state lab to do some testing (local labs do not do the testing). I knew all along there was some neurological component to what was ailing him

Signs and Symptoms
              In patients for whom botulism is a food-borne infection, it may progress rapidly. It often begins with feelings of weakness and loss of muscle tone that spread through the body.

Children may have:
              •Blurred or double vision
              •A dry mouth
              •Drooping eyelids
              •Difficulty swallowing and speaking
              The toxin can cause paralysis of the trunk, arms, legs, and respiratory system. In these food-borne infections, symptoms start soon after the contaminated food is eaten—typically within 12 to 48 hours.

Now, I have no idea how or where they are going to be able to trace the source - they probably won't be able to but the good news is that he is improving slowly. We need to remain supportive & gently shove him along. He really has lost a good 9-12 months of physical abiility/strength.

So I guess I know what my newest MiMom job is going to be

Cat, about the low progesterone level - YES, it causes fatigue & a whole host of other stuff that leaves you feeling unwell ( and in my case semi-crazy).

Greetings to each & everyone today. I hope your day is fab & AF!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Tues April 9

Morning all - really windy yesterday and still today - as spring is here, teh wind if FULL os pollen - AAACHOOOO! Have a headache from sneezing!
                Mick - 30 days yesterday - and you mist have read my mind, off call soon and 30 days, so I am cured and ready to go again?? Celebration time come on....etc etc - I am wondering about next steps, and I think it will be to beat my last "record" of 60 something days - have to go get out old calendar and see what I did manage, maybe when I am around 60 - don't want to look too far out:H:H
                I manage nurses who work with organ donors - so I work with all my staff out in the field making miracles and saving lives thanks to the most amazing, selfless families who are suffering great loss.....very good job, now if I could just get rid of the normal work garbage that goes along with it:H:H

It must be a bit of a relief Lav, to find out that there is actually something going on with the little one - makes much more sense...

Hi Cat, Nurdl, KY, PPQP - and to everyone else who comes along - see you later:l
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Tues April 9

Lav- WOW- I hope they can help the young lad! Sounds pretty serious to me.
                  BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Tues April 9

Checking up on all of you...

Went to work and came home after 2 hrs. Been asleep for 4 hours. Got hit with a miserable head cold again. I think I'm run down from all the evening meetings. Not sleeping last night didn't help, but I'm feeling a bit better now.

Nurdl...husband working from home might need it's own thread :H

Cat...good idea about the deep breathing, patience and calming nerves. Just think spring is trying to sprung, so new beginnings.

Lav...wow botulism! The source may never be found but at least now appropriate measures can be taken to help heal.

SL...congrats on 30 days. Yup, keep it simple, next goal 60.

BHOG...hope all the tech problems are over with at work. Ours never seem to stop.

Going to try for a bowl of fruit and maybe another nap. See you in the morning if I don't check back in.....PPQP

Comment

Tues April 9

Hope you feel better soon PQ!
                      This late winter batch of viral stuff has been just awful
                      Take good care of yourself!

I am still trying to wrap my head about this possible Dx with my grandson. I am doing a lot of reasearch, of course & I see that soil spores can possibly be involved. I just don't see how he possibly could have eaten any food that his family didn't have - no one else got sick. We live in a farming area & the farmers are tilling their fields. My son also recently had his front lawn dug up for some plumbing work. Crazy stuff......
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Tues April 9

Mae, all.

Lav, wow, that is quite a turn of events. Does knowing the cause change the treatment? I'm so glad he has you to help with physical therapy. It takes real patience to do that work.

I need to address hormones with someone, but honestly am at a loss as to which doctor should be my guidance. Progesterone has been low for years, but maybe now with menopausal symptoms, it's a real issue to address? I officially lost my mind today. I got to work, fell apart in my first meeting from the pressure, and drove home. Got out of most of my meetings, spent the day partially hiding in sleep, then trying to climb out of the immense hole of chores that is my life. For example, there is only one working toilet in the house. So far I can't find a plumber to take on such a small job. Now the work load in my life is actually better than six month ago, but back then, I drank everyday and ignored it as everything went to sh*t. Being overwhelmed is a reasonable reaction to this situation. But falling apart at work is going to get me fired. SO. BAD DAY.

Agh. I'm scared, to be brutally honest. I don't know how to handle my responsibilities. Mostly, I'm scared about just getting through tomorrrow without cracking up again. It's going to be a rough day at work, and I'm on my last nerve, as the saying goes. I wish I had someone in my life to help me carry this load.

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Tues April 9

Catbuddy;1489986 wrote: Mae, all.
                          But falling apart at work is going to get me fired. SO. BAD DAY.

Agh. I'm scared, to be brutally honest. I don't know how to handle my responsibilities. Mostly, I'm scared about just getting through tomorrrow without cracking up again. It's going to be a rough day at work, and I'm on my last nerve, as the saying goes. I wish I had someone in my life to help me carry this load.

Cat
                          This sounds so terrible CatBuddy, I am so sorry to read your post. I can only imagine how difficult it is not to fall back into bad habits. Thankfully you have some time AF to see things clearly. You sound like a very strong women, you can get through all this. And honestly, maybe this isn't the right job for you. I realize you probably need the money, so who really cares... it is a job... but it sounds like it is taking too much out of you. I will be thinking about you and wishing you the best.
                          March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                          May 29: back to day 1
                          June: The battle continues......

Comment

Working...
                          X