April 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 10

Hello everyone... just wanted to check in to say all is well with me. After all the technical 'challenges' I haven't posted much lately, but am very happy to report I am doing really well staying AF. Tomorrow starts our wedding week-end. It is an exciting time. I am sure there will be wifi at the place we will be and most definitely I will need some MWO support, so I expect to be lurking around on the site this week-end. I hope everyone is doing well and am also so happy for everyone the temperatures are starting to warm up (sort of anyhow?).
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

April 10

Hi, LTLW. You've got a great attitude going into the weekend. If you need support, please feel free to PM me. I'll check and be available. Sometimes MWO is thin on the weekends, but there is always a lifeline if you plan!

Catbuddy
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

April 10

Indeed Winter......PM me if you need to. Have a lovely time and well done for staying AF. :goodjob:

Comment

April 10

mornin everybody,cant say too much...on p hone and also on the motorway to York hi cat kuya n all to come

ltlw....hebben een geweldige tijd :goodjob:
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

April 10

Want to thank you all for your posts and the suggestions to PM if necessary. I would have not thought of that on my own.
          Very nice of you catbuddy, kuya and mick and greatly appreciated.
          To be honest I am getting used to this being sober thing. Waking up without a hangover has actually lost it's novelty a bit - wow- pretty amazing and it hasn't even been that long. I am also starting to realize how easy it would be to fall back into old patterns and not care.
          You really have to work at staying out of the vino. It seems like a harmless thing ' a glass of wine,' but it so quickly can become too much every day. So, I sincerely thank you guys for your posts. I know these coming days will be a bit tricky.
          Yesterday I was tempted in the afternoon as I was feeling stressed, so I had a snack and took a nap. I realize how lucky I am not to be working. I really feel for folks trying to balance all the balls AND get themselves off the sauce. Stress is a trigger for a lot of people. And with my newly alert sober eyes I see a lot of 'normal' folks coping with life through alcohol. I really have just my own little self to cope with just now, and I am a lucky bunny believe me. In the past I have had every reason to relieve stress w/vino. Now I must enjoy all that has suddenly come my way. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
          Today seems pretty darn good to be honest.
          okay, doggie time. It's raining, but I don't care. I am getting married today- what a crazy concept, but I feel good about things. Very good. Best to you all, and thanks so much for your support!!!

Comment

April 10

Happy Wedding day LTLW
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April 10

Happy, happy Wedding Day, LTLW! What a wonderful thing!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

April 10

Happy Wedding LTLW!! You are doing really well and now you must enjoy your weekend.
                Lots of Hugs:h:h

Comment

April 10

Hi all not long in..how are you all? going to get summat to eat ..just a bit peckish...see you all in the morning

few lawyer jokes

|"You are a cheat!" shouted the attorney to his opponent."And you're a liar!" bellowed the opposition.Banging his gavel loudly, the judge interjected, "Now that both attorneys have been identified for the record, let's get on with the case."

The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."The lawyer thought for a moment. "What's the catch?" he asked.

Q: How can you tell if a lawyer is well hung?A: You can't get a finger between the rope and his neck!
                  Q: If you are stranded on a desert island with Adolph Hitler, Atilla the Hun, and a lawyer, and you have a gun with only two bullets, what do you do?A: Shoot the lawyer twice.

Q: What do you call 5000 dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?A: A good start!

Q: How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?A: His lips are moving.

Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?
                  A: There are skid marks in front of the dog.

Q: Why won't sharks attack lawyers?A: Professional courtesy.

Q: What do you have when a lawyer is buried up to his neck in sand?
                  A: Not enough sand

.Q: Why did God make snakes just before lawyers?
                  A: To practice.

"Q: Why is going to a meeting of the Bar Association like going into a bait shop?
                  A: Because of the abundance of suckers, leeches, maggots and nightcrawlers

Q: Why are there so many lawyers in the U.S.?A: Because St. Patrick chased the snakes out of Ireland.

Q: What?s the difference between a lawyer and a herd of buffalo?
                  A: The lawyer charges more.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

April 10

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! It was a lovely day. Sorry to report I did have some wine. I didn't overdo it but I still did it. Back on track today & the goal is to have more AF days in April than March. Actually my real goal is AF until months end & see how I feel? I am understanding now that the longer I am AF the easier it becomes. That vino voice starts to become quieter.
                    Whoops- the sun is out better get outside for a walk!!!

Comment

April 10

Hi LTLW
                      Don't beat yourself up about the wine on your wedding. Others on this thread may disagree with me but I think in the bigger picture you are doing really really well. Just get back on track cos its too easy to procrastinate and get back into old ways.
                      Enjoy the sunshine and I am so glad you had a great day and did not overdo it!

Comment

April 10

Thanks for ur support treetops. Back from dinner already & did just fine. I think I am doing so much better too. I took a nice nap today & this really seems to help me. It's all good- gotta build my confidence & build the resolve. I know waking up clear headed tomorrow with make me feel stronger. I know I am worth the effort, right???

Comment

April 10

The day is pretty much over now and all is well.
                          It was busy, nice & I am feeling pretty darn proud of myself to be honest!
                          I was kind of scared about this week-end on a variety of levels. Now I can say it went more than okay, I didn't behave perfectly but I didn't get out of hand either, and a little bit of fear keeps me on my toes. Fear and power napping, that is.
                          One more day.... I hope everyone experienced the same lovely weather we had today.....

Comment

Working...
                          X