AF Humpday 10 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Humpday 10 April

Morning afternoon and evening everyone...and how are we today?Bit cold over here but the sun is shining so fingers crossed, might be another nice day.Out early on a weekday jaunt tomorrow so I wont be able to start the thread..so job available..apply within!

So far keeping my weight at the 11.6/.7 mark...thats even with some strange eating habits!!Lav you know how your fav sweet was jelly beans? well mine is chocolate white mice..a mere 26 cals in each sweet! Julie bought me a packet the other day....and someone ate the lot in one foul swoop!!!oh well it happens

Right here we go on with the show..middle of the week already!!Tea,coffee and genuine tap water available

Morning Lav..how are you today?Glad Will is getting better even though it is slowly...methinks little man will be well spoiled along the road to recovery!!!as for tracing the source ..could be anything really ,food, animal airborne something he has touched/picked up..hopefully they will be able to trace the source, Im sure he will be alright with the Granny eye on himLong road..big brew ..here you are ..have a good day

Morning Kuya..and how are you today? well what was work like yesterday? Knackered afterwards?Talking about kids hanging on....my daughter has just finished her exams.and is waiting for the results to come back ..she has got some written work results back already ..mid 60s plus..all her practical work in the hospitals...think the lowest she got was 94%.She had to go and see the Head honcho midwife the other day..they reckon she may be dyslexic and are sending her for tests!!!!!WTF..how come this wasnt discovered eons ago at school.It wont affect her midwifery career but it just amazes me how come it wasnt picked up years ago!!
    Anyway ,what plans have you for today? work or is it the mad end to the hols? have a good one

Morning Nurdl..you having a new house built?:H the amount of people there! hope you are ok

Morning Cat ..how are you ? keep that smile ongood for you ..get stuck into that garden..As for strawberries...got 36 plants in containers ..6 x6 each kind..objective is to make sur madam can watch the tennis with our home grown strawbs..so far it has worked..apart from me and the rabbits eating them!!

Morning SL....wow what a great job..that must be so satisfying,knowing that out of tragedy, you are helping to help someone else..My ex boss, who is now a very good friend of mine had to have a heart transplant..weird really ...he had a heart attack then I had a stroke,he waited for about 18 months then I remember him phoning me up about 2 in the morning saying he was off to hosp,as they had found a donor match.Since then he is as fit as a butchers dog.
    Isnt it strange..helping others to build their lives..and yet at the same time trying to fk up our own!!!You go for 60 ..you dont need al :yay::wd:

Morning BHOG..and how are you this morning ? bright and breezy ready to take the world on? go for it

Morning ppqp :l and a cuppa..hope you are feeling a wee bit better today..any plans or just seeing what happens? you take it easy

Well sunshine is out so off to let the wabbits out..take care and have a great day everyone

TRUE STORY
    When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for.Police arrived at the scene to find an ill man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage.A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake.The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges, saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.

A man with no ears is trying to find a new reporter for their news show. The first candidate walks in, and the boss says, "This job requires you to notice a lot of details. What is one thing you notice about me?" The guy says, "Well damn! You got no ears man!" So the boss yells, "Get out!" The second candidate comes in, and the boss says, "This job requires you to notice a lot of details. What is something you notice about me?" The guy says, "That's easy, you got no ears!" So the boss says, "Get out!" As the second candidate leaves he sees the third candidate about to go in and says, "The boss has no ears so don't say anything about them, cause he is really sensitive about it." So the third candidate goes in and the boss says, "This job requires you to notice a lot of details. What do you notice about me?" The guy says, "Your wearing contacts!"And the boss says, "Yeah, how did you know?" So the guy replies, "Well you aint got no ears

Q. What do a hurricane, a tornado, and a redneck divorce all have in common? A. Someone's going to lose their trailer...

Question: What is every Amish woman's private fantasy? Answer: Two Mennonite!

Why did OJ Simpson want to move to West Virginia?Everyone has the same DNA.

A Russian, an Italian and an Irishman got out of work and were deciding where to go for a drink.The Irishman said "Let's all go to O'Learys. With every third round, the bartender will give each of us a free Guiness."The Italian said "That sounds good, but if we go to Baldini's with every third round they bring a free bottle of wine to the table."The Russian said "That sounds fine but if we go to Gouvstof's we drink for free all night and then go out into the parking lot and get laid.""That sounds to good to be true!" the Irishman exclaimed. "Have you actually been there?""No," the Russian replied, "but my wife goes there all the time."

ARKANSAS MOTHER WRITES HER SON
    Dearest Redneck Son, I'm writing this slow because I know you can't read fast. We don't live where we did when you left home. Your dad read in the newspaper that most accidents happen within 20 miles from your home, so we moved. I won't be able to send you the address because the last Arkansas family that lived here took the house numbers when they moved so that they wouldn't have to change their address. This place is really nice. It even has a washing machine. I'm not sure it works so well though. Last week I put a load of clothes in and pulled the chain...we haven't seen them since. The weather isn't bad here. It only rained twice last week; the first time for three days and the second time for four days. About that coat you wanted me to send you, your Uncle Stanley said it would be too heavy to send in the mail with the buttons on, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets. John locked his keys in the car yesterday. We were really worried because it took him two hours to get me and your father out. Your sister had a baby this morning, but I haven't found out what it is yet so I don't know if you're an aunt or an uncle.The baby looks just like your brother. Uncle Ted fell in a whisky vat last week. Some men tried to pull him out, but he fought them off playfully and drowned.We had him cremated and he burned for three days. Three of your friends went off a bridge in a pickup truck. Ralph was driving. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. Your other two friends were in back. They drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down. There isn't much more news at this time. Nothing much out of the normal has happened. Love, Mom

What goes: Clip Clop Clip Clop BANG Clipidy Clop Clipidy Clop?An Amish drive-by shooting.

How come nobody from Mexico is ever in the olympics?Because everybody that can Run, Jump, and Swim is already over here

An Australian joke...St Peter is standing at the pearly gates one day when a pair of Abo's stroll up."Your names aren't on today's list... let me go and ask the Boss" he says.In God's office he tells the Big Man all about the two Abo's, and Godtells Peter to go and tell them to fuck right off.St Peter takes his leave. 5 minutes later St Peter runs back into the room and says "they're gone"God says "the Abo's? Good". and St Peter replies... "NO THE PEARLY GATES!!!".

A Chinese man had three daughters; he asked his eldest daughter what kind of man she would like to marry."I would like to marry a man with three dragons on his chest", said the eldest daughter. He then asked his second daughter whom she would like to marry. "I would like to marry a man with two dragons on his chest", said the second daughter. He finally asked his youngest daughter whom she would like to marry. "I would like to marry a man with one draggin' on the ground", said the youngest daughter.

How can you tell if an Irishman is present at a cock fight?He enters a duck.How can you tell if a Pole is present? He bets money on the duck.How can you tell if an Italian is present?The duck wins.

A young man, hired by a supermarket, reported for his first day of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom and said, "your first job will be to sweep out the store." "But I'm a college graduate," the young man replied indignantly. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that," said the manager. "Here, give me the broom, I'll show you how."*

A boy comes home from school and tells his mother that he got a part in the school play. "What part?" the mother asked. "I play a Jewish husband," the boy replied. "Go back to school and tell your teacher that you want a speaking role!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF Humpday 10 April

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the kickoff Mick!
    White chocolate mice huh? Sounds like it's time for some aversion therapy :H :H
    I am at the point where I am just accepting the dumb, minor, stupid stuff like that......harmless really, in the big picture, don't you think?

I have had such crappy, restless sleep the past few weeks but I know it's due to worry about my grandson & now my brother. One of them will recover with lots of hard work & lots of love. The other is certainly nearing the end of his life. My brother never really put much effort into taking care of himself & is now nearing the end at the ripe old age of 67
    I, on the other hand have a stronger constitution (Lavan-ittude) & a postive outlook & I know for damn sure that we can do anything we really want to do. RIGHT???

I am going to Curves, then on to Longwood for a couple of hours with my daughter & grandaughter then back here to my shop to actually get some work done. I hope my son & DIL find out today where there is a lab capable of doing the testing for Will. Such a strange situation, huh?

Cat, I just read your post from last night. I am truly sorry you had such a shitty day yesterday:l
    Do you have any family, a friend or a neighbor to help you get the plumbing situation sorted out? I was at a total loss about that sort of stuff when YB disappeared 3 years ago. I ended up signing up for a subscription to Angies List. Now I know I can at least find a tradesman to fix stuff around here.

As far as getting help for your health stuff - I truly believe in the power of a good Nurse Practioner. They take the time to listen & have a certain degree of empathy. The NP in my gyn office has helped me the most
    We are all here to listen so please check in with us, OK?

OK, off I go & I hope everyone has a fantastic AF Hump day!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. Feeling much better this morning. Managed to sleep on and off all day and did manage a decent night's sleep as well. Are you doning the same thing early out tomorrow as do on Sunday's?

Lav...fingers crossed your son & DIL to find that lab. Hopefully things will get sorted soon and you can get some much needed rest.

CB...:l Sorry things are so rough right now. When I first sobered up the responsibilities were overwhelming. I know how scared you are of work today, I was in that position just a little while ago. I did apply the One Day At A Time theory and it helped calm me down.

Early morning meeting so will have to read the jokes after that. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

Hi ppqp...glad you are better....yep same as Sunday
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

Happy Hump Day, Fabbies!

Lav, I've tried to locate the thread to find out what is going on with your brother, but no success. It sounds bad, though, so I am sorry. I am glad at least that they know what is wrong with your grandson so that it can be dealt with, although botulism is no joke, for sure. I'm glad you are full of Lavanittude, cause I'm depending on you to be around for a good long time!

Hey Mick, the jokes were particularly humorous this morning. Nearly spit out the coffee! Ah, speculation about your mystery activity begins again!

Hugs, Catbuddy!

Hey PPQP, I'm glad you are getting your Mojo back, sweetie!

Well, I've about had it with being Ms. Fix-it! Just one more weekend of the heavy-duty stuff. I. AM. SO. OVER. IT! I want to get to work planning my garden! It is huge! 28 X 11 feet or 308 sq. feet! I am going to put in an asparagus patch!

I don't think that I mentioned that I have gotten an offer to farm sit. I will be looking after sheep, goats, and chickens the first weekend in May, and I will be getting paid to boot! I am very excited and looking forward to seeing if I actually like it or if it is some off the wall fantasy of mine. LOL

Anyway, Hi's and hugs to Kuya, SF, TT, SL, and all.

Hugs,
          :l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

What a beautiful day out there
            Had a nice walk around Longwood with my girls.

YahYah aka Farmer Lady :H :H
            I have no idea about handling sheep & goats but I can give you all the chicken care tips you need.
            How many animals will you be watching?
            Glad your heavy duty house repairs are almost complete. That stuff really gets to be a bore ass after a while. We rebuilt 2 old houses from top to bottom over the years ~ not fun sneezing plaster dust out of your nose
            My brother is what we commonly refer to as a 'train wreck'. He has a multitude of health problems & a bad attitude to boot. He has never really tried to help himself in any significant way so rehab is just out of the question. His biggest problem has always been chronic depression. It's not OK to just sit on your butt & be miserable
            I am actually glad he is living in Michigan these days....I don't want to be a witness to what is effectively a long drawn out suicide. It's his choice - always has been.

PQ, glad you are on the mend

Greetings to everyone!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

ok Lav ....is this heaven

or this !!!!:H

your call!!!!

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

Don't know about Lav, but I'll take the jelly beans!
                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

:H:H:H DEFINITELY THE JELLY BEANS :H:H:H
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

CB...just checking in to see if you posted. I hope your day went ok. :l

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

I don't think I could eat one of those mice :no:

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

I'll take the white choccy mice, thanks. I mean, really folks, they're just shapes! :H

Thanks for sharing about your brother, Lav. I am sorry that your brother doesn't get that it is harder initially to take responsibility for your life, but the payoff is so much greater and ultimately, it is easier. I'm glad you don't have to watch his slow self-destruction either.

Also, I know there are at least 30 angora goats and 30 blue-faced leichster (sp?) sheep. I imagine there are about 25 chickens, but I'm not sure. There are also 2 Maremma's who are guard dogs that bond with the sheep. I won't be doing any cuddling with them, although I will have to feed them. That's me, a shepherd wannabe!

Hugs,
                        :l
                        YahYah
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

Wow!
                          That's more than a petting zoo YahYah :H
                          I should probably ship my piggy swissy to you for the weekend. She's had a lot of experience herding chickens

Hey Cat, are you OK?
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

Hi all, lots of struggles again on here - sorry to everyone facing the hurdles life throws.
                            Cat - hope today wasn't too bad? I am podding along at work, keeping myself employed so that I get money to keep myself and my girls going - it is not easy thats for sure, but when I let some of it go, I found that I can keep going.
                            Mick - my dad used to bring Thorntons white mice home as a treat - what memories you brought up! Yummy!!
                            And yes, it has been strange looking for livers for people who are dying of liver disease and killing my own at the same time - or looking after those who have died in alcohol related accidents - and still not learning my lesson!!
                            Well, quick check in - all day all staff meeting today - long, boring day.....good excuse for a drink. Work got drink tickets for everyone, and all the staff tripped off to the bar. I excused myself and came on home safe and sound....
                            See you all tomorrow (or today as the case maybe....)
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF Humpday 10 April

Lavande;1490131 wrote: Good morning Abbers!

Do you have any family, a friend or a neighbor to help you get the plumbing situation sorted out? I was at a total loss about that sort of stuff when YB disappeared 3 years ago. I ended up signing up for a subscription to Angies List. Now I know I can at least find a tradesman to fix stuff around here.

As far as getting help for your health stuff - I truly believe in the power of a good Nurse Practioner. They take the time to listen & have a certain degree of empathy. The NP in my gyn office has helped me the most

Lav
                              Lav, thanks for two great pieces of advice. I need a handyman like the pope needs Catholics. I will subscribe to Angies list. I met and really liked the NP at my new doctor's office; I'm going to make an appt to see her again.

I had a better day today. I completely melted down yesterday, but mostly did so in the privacy of my home. Then I got though a massive pile of taxes, unpaid bills, all the things I can do (not the toilet, which sits unfixed). I think LTLW is right - my job takes a tremendous toll on me. But so does everything else in my life, and at six months, I am just now facing the massive backlog I let occur. Then when things break around me, and I just want two hours uninterrupted to fix them, I go a little crazy. I wonder if I got on progesterone would I be calmer? I'm going to research it tonight.

I am not in control of my emotions by any stretch, and only barely in control of my behavior. No drinking and no binging. Kuya, I got all the supps you recommended. I'm hanging in there. You guys are helping. But it does in fact have to get easier somehow, or I am going to crack again. Mick gave me some good practical suggestions I will try, and then I want some brain chemistry answers.

I totally relate to Det's struggles. I think I'm more likely to share than he in the middle of them. I'm sorry if this consumes a lot of airtime, but that is a beautiful part of this forum - no live meeting time limit!

Still never been to AA, hope to always have MWO or its next incarnation instead.

Cat
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X